We stayed here from the 5th to the 12th January.
On arrival I was wowed by the effort of the christmas decorations in the main reception area of which was lovely anyway. We were greeted with Champagne and very friendly and efficient staff and checked in very quickly.
Our room was spotless and overlooked the pool which was lovely with a large modern bathroom. Great power shower. The room is not the largest but is sufficient and had a lovely balcony.
We were on a bed and breakfast basis and dont normally get up in time for breakfast but we were on holiday with another couple and made the effort and I am glad we did as this was amazing. There was a massive range from continental choices, an omlette station of which were freshly made for you, fresh cut fruit, pastries, cooked breakfast and cereal station. There was also a patio area which overlooked the pool of which you could sit and eat breakfast which was lovely.
We never had an evening meal in the hotel as we were right across from the Safari centre which has a vast range of restuarants. One night we went to the Watermelon Restauarant in Los Christianos and they had Pina Coladas to die for and the meal itself was amazing with the best tiramisu I have ever eaten. So I cannot comment on the evening meals in the hotel.
The pool area is lovely although I can imagine it would get quite busy in the summer months but you are allowed to use the Cleopatra pool and sunbeds which is only a stones throw away. The hotel offer a towel deposit scheme if you pay 15 euros deposit you get a card and when you hand in the card you get a clean towel which we did every day and on departure handed back the cards and received back the deposit. It was perdect and had I know this in advance would not have bothered taking any beach towels with me. There is a pool table and table tennis table which breaks up the sunbathing and if you like to join in there was aqua Aerobics every day at 12 noon of which I just watched.
We had stayed in tenerife in the summertime and went to Siam Park the water park which we visited again. It was great and did not have to queue as we did in the summer. Theonly thing was that some of the slides were closed as I presume because it is the winter but still enjoyed it.
Overall the staff at the hotel were always really friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
I would definately stay here again and would recommend this to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife