on arrival we were pleased with the look of the reception area but disappointment quickly followed when we were informed our room wouldn't be ready for another 2hours, at least it'll be clean i thought ha ha if only that was the case! when we finally received our keys i was pleased to see the rooms were inter-connecting and we could keep an eye on our children. then the smell of our bathroom hit me, it literally stank, i checked the one next door and it was fine, only ours smelt like an over used festival toilet, i looked around the room and there was a layer of dust on the antiquated 80's black ash furniture,under the bed was grubby and i don't think the skirting boards had ever seen a duster, the spare pillow in the wardrobe had no cover and was stained and pretty vile, there were ants on the dresser and when i pulled the bed sheet back i was horrified to see BLOOD on the unchanged sheets! even the girl at reception had the good grace to be horrified when i went to complain, a cleaner appeared a short time later and changed the bed and added pillows, i was afraid to look under the cover incase it was still the same grubby pillow,the dust was still visible and the ant problem persisted, maybe if the floors were actually swept it would make a difference, and not once did any member of management come to appologise, feel this hotel is resting on the location card, however to guarantee returning guests it needs a major refurb and perhaps send the cleaning staff on a 'how to clean properly course' credit where it's due the pool is fab and the sunbeds plentiful, breakfast was good with a great choice, however the queue to get in was a bit 3 star, would i return? unlikely with so many other 4/5 star hotels to choose from!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife