My wife and I stayed at the Mediterranean Palace for one night at the end of our holiday in Tenerife. On entering the hotel the reception area looks very impressive. On checking in we were asked to wait whilst our room was ready. Half an hour later we were given our room key. The room was tired and dated with a film of dust on the chest of drawers. It was more like a room in a 2-3 star hotel.
The pool area was large with no shortage of sunbeds. Breakfast the next day was ok with a large varied selection but my wife was put off when she saw a cockroach crawling across the floor (which wasn`t particularly clean). After breakfast we went for a walk . On returning to our room the key would no longer work - even though it was still 1 hour before checkout time. I then spent 20 minutes waiting at reception for the key to be reinstated with no explanation or apology.
This is definitely not a 5 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect choice for a family vacation, this gorgeous hotel on the Playa de las Americas - the best beach in Southern Tenerife - has the largest, most exciting and safest Kids Club on the island. It is located right next to the best leisure center and shopping area of Tenerife - making it the ideal place for all members of the family to spend an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Mediterranean Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Mediterranean Palace Hotel Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas
- Hotel Mediterranean Palace Tenerife
- Med Palace Tenerife