Hotel Sir Anthony(Playa de las Americas)
$345
H10 Conquistador(Playa de las Americas)
$197
$175
Cleopatra Palace Hotel(Playa de las Americas)
$169
$159
Europe Villa Cortes(Playa de las Americas)
$262
$248
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Gran Oasis Resort(Playa de las Americas)
$150
$135
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Iberostar Las Dalias(Playa de las Americas)
$218
$209
  • Pool
Palm Beach Tenerife(Playa de las Americas)
$136
$99
  • Beachfront
Green Garden Resort & Suites(Playa de las Americas)
$176
$666
$598
galahotels.com
3,345 results
All reviewsa mountain view roomon arrivalpool areakids clubmare nostrum resortbed and breakfastglass of champagnesister hotelaqua aerobicspool partyfoam partybit datedsir anthonyan updateplenty of sunbedsfantastic locationflat screen
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Just arrived back from this hotel b&b 1/9/2012 me,my wife,my two children age 8 and 14 and my parents. I have stayed in this hotel 5 times before(with my wife)but this time it just made me mad.

Could be fantastic but isn't.first the good points. Excellent location,great food
,lovely pool area and very clean.now the bad ....rooms are very very dated and tired,the shower curtains are manky.towels not changed,dirty just folded back up.At breakfast the coffee machines were always breaking down creating big ques.The worse thing are the pool area rules. No Inflatables or ball games are allowed.this ruined it for the kids.my 8 year old had a small inflatable
Ring and as soon as it touched the water the prison guard dressed in a lifeguard outfit marched
Over blowing his whistle.in fact the prison guards spent all day blowing there whistle.one even marched around the pool carrying a pair of scissors clicking them as he charged towards a child
That was just trying to have a little fun.a father and son stood in the shallow part of the pool with 2 small wooden bats and a very small ball. Only a couple of feet apart not causing any problems to
Anyone.this made the prison guard leap off his chair and give 5 or 6 strong blows on his whistle
And ordered them to stop.another thing that annoyed me was The animation team never announced any of the activities eg football was at 4.00 pm and we only had 3 a side when I asked the animation guy to go around the pool area with the ball asking people if they would like to play he just shrugged his shoulders and refused.nobody turned up for archery because they didnt do the usual and have a walk around the pool getting people to take part.they had a big speaker and microphone but it was never used maybe the prison officers won't allow it.
now this hotel has recently changed its image aiming itself at family's with children rather than adults.i think a change of attitude is needed not just a fancy kids club.
I would probably come back to this hotel because I love Tenerife and its location is brilliant but my kids have said they do not want to return so i will probably have to try a different hotel in the same area which is a shame.maybe the hotel manager should visit a hotel we went to in turkey earlier in the year called the delphin diva to see how it should be done.
Oh yeh we also had woman arrested for breaking in to some rooms and trying to steal stuff. Not good...........

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Andrew190764
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at Med palace twice, one time 4 years ago for our honeymoon for 2 weeks in October 2007, and this time for 1 week at the end of June 2012.
We have chosen this hotel for its location, right in the center of Playa las Americas, where all the shops are and where you can walk for hours at night, but also close to the beach of Los Cristianos, which is one of the best sandy beaches in the area.
We had booked mountain-views rooms both times, as the rooms facing the pool are more noisy, and the view is more spectacular towards the mountains and the resort is lovely at night when it lights up. Try to obtain a higher floor for more silence and a better view. If you're lucky you can even get a glimpse of the sea.
Rooms are normal-sized, with a bit old furniture. All have balconies and bidee in the bathroom. The fridge is now included in the price, and it is empty.
You have to pay for the safe, 2 euro per day.
The Tv is old, the floor tiles are a bit cracked and the furniture is slightly damaged. But the balcony and the view is fantastic, and it is clean.
WiFi is free of charge, but with bad signal in the room. It works good at reception.

Breakfast is amazing, with lots of variety and nice restaurant and terrace. You can eat anything you could have imagined.
The honeymoon plus included some fruits and a small bottle of sparkling wine.
The reception is beautiful, and the swiming pool-one of the largest in Playa. The hotel provides beach towels (you get a towel card) for a deposit, which you will get back at the end of your stay.

In the area: we rented a car from canarias.com and we visited everything on our own, and it is much cheaper than with the excursions. Loro parque is a must. Touring the island, plus visiting Masca and also Playa Arena and Los Gigantos are also priorities. Teide is not so magnific, but you should visit it to realize its distructive power. The Drago tree in Icod de Los Vinos impressed us, also.

Tip: Go to Los Cristianos beach, towards the left when facing the sea, as it is better, bigger and with more sand, than the beach in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: High as possible, and we enjoyed more the mountain side. The corner of the hotel rooms are more quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Alina B
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We arrived to be greeted by a glass of champagne and were checked in without any hassle within 30 mins around lunchtime on a Saturday.We were with friends and our rooms were together as requested with a pool view on the third floor overlooking the outside terraced bar area.Rooms were fine and cleaned daily although bathroom was on the small size. We were on a B&B basis and food at breakfast time was amazing with a choice for all tastes and we ate that much we did not need lunch. Pool area is big and impressive and never had a problem getting a lounger and never felt over crowded in the water. Plenty of activities laid on daily including water aerobyics enjoyed by both wives. No noise at night time from the bar area which closed at midnight but the Hotel is in the perfect location for the beach and the numerous quality restaurants across the road from the Hotel,

Room Tip: Rooms 3061 & 3063 were excellent and classed as a pool view but you could see a bit of the sea as well
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Raymond9858
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear Mr. Raymond9858,

thank you very much first of all for taking your time writing on this Web Page your impressions about your holidays at the Mediterranean Palace Hotel as it gives us the feedback we need to know if we are working on the correct direction.
We have to thank you also for choosing the Mediterranean Palace Hotel as your choice for your holidays in Tenerife.

We hope to welcome you soon again at Mare Nostrum Resort.

Best regards,
Esteban Sedano Cid
General Manager Mare Nostrum Resort

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Firstly I would like to say I have stayed at the Mare Nostrum Resort 5 times over the years ( 2000-2012) and have always recommend the resort to both family and friends.We had a champagne welcome, which is always good!
The problems started from day 1- after an early flight and a long day travelling my fiance and we thought we would have a little nap before dinner. Two minutes into the nap, music started absolutely blasting from the pool area - our room was literally blasting and we were 3 floors up!To be honest this carried on the whole holiday, morning,noon and night and don't even get me started on the water aerobics classes that took place in the morning. Picture this - lying relaxing by the pool ,when suddenly speakers boom out music and their is a mass exodus to the pool for what seemed liked the longest aerobics class ever in history - and his happened EVERYDAY!
Apart from the constant noise, every chair was reserved before breakfast,even although it states that this is against hotel policy, they could not of cared less about this.Speaking of breakfast, it has really came down hill in recent years - little choice,poorly cooked,lukewarm and there was a distinct smell coming from the dining area which also continued with lunch and dinner.
All of this I could of let slide, however four days into our holiday there was a bit of an incident involving medication which went missing.Basically I have a disease called Endometriosis ( I had 2 operations in the space of 6 months this year, so my holiday was a treat from my family ), so I am on a lot of meds ,one of which was valium to actually help me actually make the journey to and from Tenerife. All of my meds were left out of the safe as we had to have easy access to them.When I went to take my pill before I went out to dinner on Tuesday evening I noticed my pills (which were in a brown glass jar) were not where we left them. That is when we both started frantically searching the room even taking bed sheets off the bed and looking under the mattresses, to the point where the room was a complete riot! Our initial thought was that maybe the maids had possibly misplaced it when they were cleaning up.At this point I also noticed that my sleeping tablets had been tampered with. We reported this incident straight away to the customer relations advisor to which we were given empty answers and smirking. We did want to speak to a manager/supervisor but apparently within the 3 hotels in the resort there was no superior available for us to speak too. The advisor kept on insisting maids do not enter wardrobes and would touch any belongings. She also said "why would the maids steal your medication, why would they want it?" and I explained to her that a lot of people use Valium recreationally ,which she did not seem to believe me that people misuse the drug. Also she was the one who constantly mentioned theft- we just thought it may have just been misplaced by the maids- we never once insinuated anything was stolen, she was the one who used those words. Next I asked what I should do as I need the medication, her offer was that she could phone the Mare Nostrum private DR but it would cost me 90 euros just for the callout charge. I decided to take matters into my own hands and get the pharmacist's advice, which was located across the road. Before I went I mentioned that someone had been in my room twice in 1 day on both the Sunday and Monday, to which she seemed surprised only to then tell me it was because I was an Expo club member, even although I had been staying there since Friday Midday, weird huh?
So we went along to the Pharmacy then to a DR who gave me a private prescription and charged me a 30 euro fee , which is a far cry from the 90 euro fee at hotel. My fiance had to run back to hotel room for my ID so I could get my prescription, only to find out hotel room had been completely tidied in the space of 30 minutes of us reporting a missing item.Anyway the next day I went back down to the desk to hand in my DR's receipt for them to copy it, incase they needed it for a Police report ( which I asked then to file, whether they did or not I do not know). The woman looked surprised when I produced the receipt, as I dont think she was taking me seriously the previous night. I then asked why someone had been allowed to enter our room whilst a dispute was going on to which again I was given the answer of, oh its because your an Expo club member. To draw a conclusion to the discussion between ourselves and the member of staff she gave us some interesting facts like in 99% of cases of things going missing it is the the guests fault and that staff are searched before the enter and exit the premises- my reply to this was, well the medication could of been consumed- she had no answer to that. Once again she reassured me that maids do not go inside the wardrobe, my final reply was- can you be sure of that 100% of the time and she said "yes". After that I just walked away because it was a ridiculous comment.
To sum it up I wont be staying again, it has become very dated, noisy,bad customer service ( bell boys seen us struggling with our cases as we left, even although on arrival we gave him a 15 euro tip. Also we were not asked how our stay was when we checked out), oh and the maids may have slightly sticky fingers!
No longer a 5 star , 3 star if lucky and even thats pushing it!

Room Tip: All rooms are noisy so you are damned 1 way or another!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anneliese R
Esteban Sedano C, Director General at Mediterranean Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Mrs. AnneliesR,

My name is Esteban Sedano, General Manager of Mare Nostrum Resort , first of all I have to express our sincere gratitude for having taken time to write such a detailed summery of your stay in our hotel. Your feedback is very important for us as it makes reference to different departments of the Mediterranean Palace Hotel and it gives us the chance to improve.

I would like to give you some answers to the few incidents you make reference on your report, especially to the missing of medication on your room.
In fact, as our guest relation told you, our staff is forced to show their personal belongings to our security staff at the hotel exit which will prevent anyone from taking anything from inside the Resort and therefore from the rooms.
The Housekeeping staff is also constantly reporting their activity to a manager so it makes also very difficult to ingest medicines (muscle relaxants) in their work schedule. Moreover we will continue working hard on the communication and development of our staff to eradicate all this kind of misunderstandings and situations.
As you are a member of Expogrupo, you have a special treatment that includes minimum twice a day the rechecking of your room, towels and bed coverage. So the appearance of our housekeeping staff in your room is more than justified.
In Spain the medicines prescriptions can legally only be given by a doctor, we can not be responsible for a prescription that has not been given by a doctor and can not advise you to go to request a medicine to the pharmacy without the doctor prescription, as we do not know if it’s compatible with your operation and your illness. Therefore we can not assume the risk to let you buy a medicine without, as we told you, the prescription of a doctor.
The doctor service offered in the resort is an independent service provided by the local hospital, which has its own tariffs and policies.

In reference to the bell boy service we have to beg you to apologise us . It is a service that must be offered to all the guests and no excuses are allowed. We will take special attention and continue working hard on this.

Of course we have also registered your advice of the variety and quality of the food at breakfast.

At least and not for it less important we have also taken special attention to the music noise you make reference. The sound levels correspond to the volume allowed by law. The Mediterranean Palace Hotel is a much more active and familiar Hotel than the Cleopatra Palace, you are allowed to join all the common areas of both hotels, as the Cleopatra Palace assures you more rest and less activities at the pool.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you again at Mare Nostrum Resort and so give us the chance to show you that there have been improvements made.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards,
Esteban Sedano
Mare Nostrum Resort

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Have stayed here twice having previously stayed in Cleopatra- Loved the location and atmosphere from the moment u arrive. There isnt negetavie I can say about this hotel as its location is everything!!!! Everything is at your door step. Great shopping Center across the road, at the back fab walkway to Los Cristanos, and the beach is right beside u,,, In my opnion all the ingredients for a great holiday... Cant wait to go back... Forgot to mention brill WiFI throught the hotel, this is a big plus...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple