“Stunning!”
Review of First Love

First Love
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: THIS IS NOT A BIG 5 STAR RESTAURANT IS A REALLY SMALL AND FRIANDLY PLACE WHIT SIMPLE FOOD BUT FRESH AND HOMEMADE IF DO YOU LIKE TO TRY THE "FIRST LOVE" EXPERIENCE YOU ARE WELCOME YOU CAN FOUND HERE ME THE CHEF AND MY LOVELY GIRLFRIAND ALICE THE BOSS.....WE ARE A SIMPLE GUYS ALWAYS READY TO DO THE BEST FOR OUR COSTUMER
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were not in the mood of heavy eating but...ended up eating a starter, main course and a dessert with a bottle of lovely Italian wine. Service exceptionally friendly, the owner sat down next to us to explain the menu! Eating the food was an experience you encounter once in a while. That is every now and then eating great food becomes a little sexual ;). Will be going there again for sure.

1  Thank Hildurhann

Reviewed March 9, 2013

No.1. ???? Not sure but if you're in the area and fancy an Italian it's one of the best.
Only about half a oxen tables and seems to be run by a young couple who put their heart and sole into making our evening as pleasurable as possible. Firstly she explains the menu, highlighting the days specials and taking the time to find out your tastes. The mixed sharing starter looked an appetising taster - my wife and I then both had the Penne (trio coloured in the Italian red, white and green) the dishes were officially the best pasta we have ever had! Homemade pasta without question and made from scratch ... Absolutely delicious !
As others have mentioned the chocolate soufflé was worth waiting the 20 mins for and could rival it's larger pudding competitor at the Empire... Which I think is one of the best puddings I've ever had.
A cold bottle of friscatti accompanied our meal - the fact that I was sat here with my First Love could have made the evening seem extra special but at 42 euros including coffee's it's deffinately worth another trip.

1  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Service excellent, Food a reasonable standard and reasonable size portion. Nice views of Las Vistas beach

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is not the usual type of restaurant normally found in Tenerife and certainly not 'pub grub' ! It might be a euro more per course than seen on some other menus but it is definitely worth it. We ate there four times in a fortnight and it was refreshing to see a young couple taking a pride in their business and service. Everything we had was tasty and beautifully prepared and presented.
Far from being 'pushy', Alicia and Alesandro were helpful, knowledgeable and described the various dishes with a passion, as well as being genuinely friendly ! I sincerely hope First Love will be there for many years.
Minuses ? The meal can take a long time as everything is freshly cooked, which is normal and understandable in small premises. Don't expect to leave feeling bloated but quality is better than quantity for many people.
Summed up..... fantastic !!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We only went there because of the good words here on Trip Advisor about that restaurant. But we were highly disappointed.
When we came there we ware expecting something very special but the waiter (and one of the owner) only wanted us to buy one specific meal from the menu. Witch we did. Strange, but she said that this course was their best.
I don´t remember the name of this course but it was something with beef, parma cheese and balsamic. The taste was ok but the meat was not tender enough and we only had salad on the side, no potatoes. For dessert we had a tiramisu (highly recommend by the waiter). All I have to say about that is, it was just awful. Nothing like every tiramisu that I have had before. We left there hungry.
I just can´t understand why this restaurant is number one on Trip Advisor list in this area.
I have been in Tenerife for three times, and the First Love isn´t restaurant worth mention. It is just another tourist trap in the island.
But I wish the couple who run this place all the best, they are young and have their live ahead, and are surly still learning how to run a successful restaurant.
At the end I ask my self after my visit to First Love is that have all their surfing friends been writing about First Love for free meal.
But one thing I can´t take away from them. The couple who run this place is very nice and friendly.

2  Thank Sigrun A