“varied menu, excellent service”
Review of El Arrozal

El Arrozal
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014

we visited this restuarant twice, both visits being served by attentive maitre de, waiters. good food on a varied menu which caters for all nationalities, at very reasonable prices. comfortable seats and a lot of shade, if you wish it, from the hot sun. compared to others in the area this restuarant is very efficiently run.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were surprised to read the reviews of this restaurant as on a recent visit we had two very good evening meals with additional touches.
Do wonder whether it is under new management as the staff were efficient and the food on our first visit was excellent. On our return we tried the seafood Paella which was accepatable but a little overcooked. Nice touch to provide a gratis starter on both occasions and would certainly not fight shy of returning.
In context of other restaurants fair value.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

On our recent trip to Tenerife we decided to push the boat out on our last night and treat ourselves to El Arroza. We have visited the area numerous times and this place is always busy, so we thought it must be good. It was only after ordering our food we noticed most people were stopping for drinks only, not meals.
My partner had a Chicken Skewer, which looked impressive hanging on holder above the plate. But he was not impressed with the taste. I had the Chicken with mushroom sauce, I was very surprised when it arrived that it was what I can only describe as a 'chicken burger' with breadcrumbs on, with the sauce plonked on top. I really wasn't expecting that. Overall was disappointed, especially as it was our last evening meal before returning home. We will give this place a miss on our next visit.

1  Thank deaneenee
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The day we arrived in Tenerife we had a lovely meal here in the day time. It was pricey but we thought it was worth the money!!!!
That is why on day 5 we returned in the evening. Unfortunately the food was terrible and the waitress insulted me!!!!! The chicken was so dry.

On our 1st visit I ordered fish with salad and Canarian potatoes, (little new potatoes) my husband had the chicken with salad and chips. (We swapped the veg for salad at no extra cost) the food and service was excellent. The Canarian potatoes were beautifully cooked.

On our 2nd visit, we ordered chicken with salad and Canarian potatoes. After a long wait the food arrived with veg and chips. So we explained again to the same waitress that we had ordered Canarian potatoes and salad. So she took my plate and 5 mins later brought back just a plate of chicken. She said the salad and Canarian potatoes would arrive soon. The salad arrived but after another 5-10 minutes no potatoes arrived we called over another waiter and explained to him that our potatoes hadn't arrived. He then went to talk to our waitress who then brought us over another plate of chips and said these are Canarian potatoes!!!!!!! I lived in the Canary Islands for 2 years and had Canarian potatoes near enough every night. I also had them every night while I was in Tenerife on this holiday. Who does this rude arrogant waitress think she is (just so you all know whom I am talking about she had long bleached blonde hair) she practically shouted at me in the busy restaurant that I was wrong and that the chips were in fact Canarian potatoes. I was highly embarrassed!!!!!!!!

Then to make matters worse they charged us extra for the salad.

This ruined our whole families meal as my 2 children was going to have an ice cream, but after being insulted and made to look stupid I couldn't wait to get out of that restaurant.

What a shame as our 1st visit was fantastic and our waiter was great!!! Shame about our 2nd visit and the rude, arrogant waitress.

Because of this we would not return and would definitely not recommend this place to our worst enemy!

1  Thank Mytch72
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were quite disappointed with our meal - all four of us. The service was good, but the food was very disappointing. We will not return there in an evening. However, we did enjoy a sangria and nibbles at lunchitme.