“Best Steak in PDLA”

Restaurant La Martina
Cuisines: Argentinean, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Martina is an authentic Argentine grill where you can enjoy the best meats imported directly from Argentina, roast, steak wide, involved, ... prepared the traditional style, using natural coals and firewood.It features a wine glass with wines from the best names Argentine wineries and national origin, ideal for pairing with grilled meat.The gastronomic quality along with the friendly staff, makes La Martina a nice and cosy restaurant. A place where you can enjoy in the Cocktail Bar, live music every day and a show full of colorful and authentic Argentine folklore and Tango, weekends, from 21:00.***
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We dined here twice, not the cheapest option but most definitely the best steaks around. The ribeye on the bone was excellent, as was the fillet. Try the local sweet black pudding but don't order too much as the portions are vast.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I visited the restaurant with my family and found the food to be excellent. I was also impressed with the staff and they seemed to be knowledgeable about the menu and drinks. I thought that Nicolas was particularly helpful and he seemed to know a lot about the wines which were on offer

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at the Mediterranean Palace across the road from the complex where La Martina is situated. My husband is an avid steak fan, we have visited Gaucho and Maze Grill. This restaurant is a gem and certainly comparable.
The Maitre D is a suave George Clooney type who is happy to discuss the types of beef available and talks about the meat as if it were his child!
The excellent somellier - Thomas - was very knowledgeable and we were delighted with his choices on the two visits we made. He is a credit to the restaurant.
I cannot fault this restaurant. If you are going to Tenerife on holiday and like steak, please visit!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We came upon this place by accident and were happy we did! Our meal (we had the mixed grill for 2) was perfectly cooked and more than we could have possibly eaten. Service was wonderful and Thoma made sure that our wine glasses stayed full with the best wine we had during our entire trip to Spain. We had only planned to stop in for a quick and casual meal, but stayed all evening, enjoying the wine and the beautiful weather in the open-air seating area. If we hadn't found this place at the end of our trip, we would have gone back!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We visited several restaurants in Las Playas, Tenerife; we selected La Martina on the basis that it had a Tango show. As you might imagine being an Argentinian restaurant the menu has plenty of meat dishes and is what they call a charcoal grill. A display case lets you choose from the selected cuts of meat, which I assumed were either Spanish and/or of Argentine origin which is then cooked on a large barbecue, visible to all. My partner and I selected salads as starters which were quite a plateful. For the main course my partner ordered a skewered Kebab while I chose a T-Bone steak. When my steak turned up I was dumbstruck. It was enormous. At least an inch thick and not far short of 12 inches long and 6 inches wide. Needless to say eating it was a struggle. I noted on a table nearby a diner who also chose a T-Bone steak. He ended up giving most of it away to his dining companions. We ended the evening with desserts while watching the Tango show. I found the staff helpful, congenial and quick with the orders. I liked the interior of the restaurant and the atmosphere. The only slow part was when I asked for the bill. It took ages to arrive. The total for the evening was Euros 81, but as my partner commented we felt we had had a proper evening out and were not just there for the meal. While I'd recommend it be aware such large plates of meat take some eating. Go there starving so you can get through your main dish if it is meat you order.

1  Thank Michael C