“great local restaurant”
Review of Meson Castellano

Meson Castellano
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great service and authentic local food.
Best steaks in tenerife.
better brush up on your Spanish though as not much English spoken but that adds to the experience.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,716)

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Rude, ignorant, pompous waiters and staff. Service was awful and food was cold, cant believe I queued up for this place, i wouldn't of fed my dog the steak I got served. Avoid at all costs.

1  Thank Awgt123
Reviewed January 18, 2020

I appreciate that there are many good reviews of this restuarant but everyone on TA must soeak as they find anc we found the Meson Castellano was everything opposed to what a good restuarant should have ie attention to detail in the menu ,attentive service,friendly atmosphere and above all value for money. We experienced none of these in this restuarant In fact I felt distinctly uncomfortable all night and couldn't wait to leave. Maybe if we were locals our experience would have been more positive. Never again for us.

1  Thank Martynjohnpaul
Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

This place came highly recommended. We were excited to see that they had a lovely fresh bread and delicious balsamic vinegar and olive oil on the table as we were seated. The menu for tapas is quite extensive and we ordered the peppers and a couple of other dishes. All came along with the sangria. Delicious. However, the service was sporadic, they forgot part of our order, the second round of drinks never came and we were charged for them - twice. All in all, I did enjoy the tapas but found the overall experience frustrating.

Reviewed December 29, 2019

Visited here a few years ago and again this December, beautiful suckling pig, very busy restaurant, I did book prior to our visit as I think this is a must. As one table left it was reserved immediately. Service was good and would definitely revisit. Plenty of choice on the menu, popular with the locals and has a more local feel to it. Taxi from parque santiago 4 was 5 euro going and 3.75 return , it is walkable for most people if staying near the safari centre. Find the Andorra cross over the road and head toward los Christianos, they are also open lunch times .

Date of visit: December 2019