“Excellent in every way!”
Review of Michelangelo - CLOSED

Michelangelo
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Being visiting this restaurant for nearly 18 years and it never disappoints!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We visited restaurant twice during our 6 nights stay in Tenerife. The food looked amazing, tasted very fresh and overall was the best food I ever ate. Prices are very good as well. I paid for my Sea Food Tagliatelle just 11 euros and prawns were massive and absolutely tasty! They I tried chicken dish which was full of flavour. I recommend to visit this restaurant if you go to Tenerife, you will not regret it.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

we have been going to tenerife for nine years and always visit michaelangelos at least twice during our stay. i would gladly go every night because the food is excellent and staff are wonderful. i have read reports about this restaurant that said food was not good and staff were rude. this is not the case. some people would find fault at buckingham palace! ok you cant please all the people all the time but people who find fault with this restaurant, shouldnt be let out by themselves. michaelangelos is one of the best!

2  Thank normanjones
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I had the pleasure of visiting Michelangelo a couple times during my stay in Tenerife and if there's one think I regret it is that I didn't eat here every frikkin' day.

The first visit involved a quick and simple pizza order. And, to be honest, it was pretty average. Just a super thin pizza bottom with some cheeze and a huge lump of ham right in the centre of it. It was actually a bit disgusting and my friends who ordered different sort of pizzas wasn't extatic either.

The second visit, though, more than makes up for it. We were there late (around 21:30) but went all-in with a three course meal and some wine. I started off with garlic prawns (or they may have been scampi.. cant remember) at 7-8 euros. They came sizzling hot in a bowl, as you'd expect, and tasted amazing. I would eat four of those for a main course if it wasn't frowned upon.

For the main course I went for the filet mignon "black & white" (15-20 euros) which is two pieces of filet mignon with two types of sauce - a red wine sauce and a béarnaise, in addition to some sort of vegetables and, more importantly, Michelangelo's own chips. And I don't mean chips as in french fries, I mean chips, the thin normally crunchy type. These were a bit thicker and quite "airy" and only semi-crunchy. Kinda weird, but MY GOD did they taste good! I'm actually drooling while writing this. The filet mignons were epic. The sauces were epic. The wine was epic. It was just an all-round legendary meal. Easily the best I've had in years.

To round it all off we finished with some nice brownies with vanilla ice cream (5-6 euros) and all gave our complements to the chef.

Service was outstanding too. The waiters kept our wine glasses full, made sure we had everything we needed, they were quick about getting us the check when we wanted it, and worked together when all four of us were served simultaneously.

All in all, I can warmly recommend Michelangelo for every occasion. Four guys celebrating the end of a drunken holiday, a couple out for a romantic dinner. You name it, this place does the job. Just avoid the pizzas :)

Reviewed November 21, 2011

My girlfriend and i have visited this place 5 times over the last 3 years. Everytime was the same. First class. The waiters are very good. Pedro is head waiter. Manuel and Marty are waiters. I sent a friend there last week. He was impressed too. We will be there in 2 weeks time. Great!