This was our second vacation at the Marola Portosin.
The first time we chose to stay there because of the very popular trip advisor reviews. We returned because the reviews are right.. The hotel is great value and very clean... but every hotel should be. We all work hard to pay for a holiday and we should get a decent hotel for our money.
What makes this hotel special is the great people that it employs.. The cleaners, the reception staff and the bartenders all make everybody feel welcome.
Pepe, Wilman and Ivan are great guys who will always try and ensure you enjoy your holiday. The night porter was also a lovely guy.
Andrea at the bar is a treasure and is very funny. The famous Tom deserves all of the praise he gets. He is a legend and a gentleman. It is a shame that injury ended his basketball career but the world of pool bars gained a superstar when he retired from shooting hoops.
The Easter Scandinavian crowd was a lot less lively than the more English clientele we met during the summer and we met some good people both times we went there. This is the thing with the Marola Portosin.. It is a 5-10 minute walk to the party areas but it is in a nice quiet area so everyone gets a restful holiday. It is live and let live.. Don't go there if you want a crazy hotel. It is the quiet hotel where you chill out after a crazy night..
We decided to go for half board and this was excellent value. Breakfast was at the hotel and we had a choice of 3 restaurants for the evening meal. We tried each restaurant and La Gomera and La Tasca were fine. Most nights we went to Little Italy though. It has a great reputation and we had a excellent meal every time we went there. 3 courses of very good food.
I would recommend the half board option.
Easter Sunday was a treat meal at La Martina which is an Argentinean steakhouse. This was another excellent meal.. Try the ribeye on the bone (bife ancho) if you like steak. Mmmmm-mmmmmmmmmmmm! It is but cheap but the food is top notch and there is a show if you like that sort of thing.. To be honest, I was focusing on the steak.
20 seconds walk from the hotel is a minimarket serving everything you would need. Luis the bossman and the beautiful Shakira are good people. Another 3 minutes walk is the Mercadona supermarket. (Basically.. You can have a cheap one!)
Free wifi in reception.. It should be free everywhere. That is my only criticism.
Thank you, Marola Portosin.. Another great holiday..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This apartment complex is located just a short stroll from the beach in Playa de las Americas, in the south of the island of Tenerife. Spend the day in Apartamentos Marola-Portosin relaxing by the large outdoor swimming pool.You can sunbathe on one of the sun loungers surrounding the pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marola Portosin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marola Portosin Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Marola Portosin Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas