Upon arrival we were greeted with sparkling wine and orange juice, which was very nice touch after sweating on the coach transfer from the Airport...
Got to reception and the receptionist was very competent in dealing with 16 boisterous golfers... If you go to this resort, ask for a high number for your room as this means you would be close to the pool. We were given number 10 which was right at the top of the resort and I've never seen so many stairs in my life and us having cases, golf clubs and hand lugguage we got in a right old state climbing all them stairs... My Dad is nearly 70 and this nearly killed him...A couple of days later after going to golf, coming back to being faced with all the stairs, we found there was a slope that takes you right to the top of the resort which was alot better... The rooms were very clean and tidy and were cleaned every other day... The stairs leading to the downstairs bedroom was a death waiting to happen... If we had children with us, this would be a big concern. the downstairs room was pretty good with a cieling fan which made it just about bearable but no fan upstairs, which made it unbearable, it was more like a sauna You can hire fans and a/c units at reception for a price, the a/c units were 60 euros for the week.
The folding beds were very uncomfortable, lumps in the mattress and they were uneven, after 2 nights I made myself a bed on the balcany with all the cushions. The Tv you had to pay for 20 Euros for the week plus 15 Euros for a deposit, this I thought was a joke as I've never had to play for the use of a tv in all the hotels I've ever stayed in...
We found the pool was a little dirty and a few of the boys had ear infection by the 4th day so, that needed to be sorted. The food was on the whole, very good, although a bit repetitive.
If this hotel made a couple of changes and stop charging for tv and A/C it would be a great hotel but, untill then, I wouldn't recommend it or, go back there...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gran Oasis Resort invites you to enjoy a 4-star hotel in Playa de las Americas, a holiday resort in the south of Tenerife specially designed for families and couples who want to relax and discover this fabulous Canary island. Choose the All Inclusive plan, bed & breakfast or half board plan and live an experience your own way. The Gran Oasis Resort is located in front of Las Americas golf court, between Playa de Las Americas and Los Cristianos bay, in the south of Tenerife. This hotel is ideal for families, as it is located close at hand from Playa de las Vistas beach, 2 km away from the largest waterpark in Europe, the Siam park. Make your holidays an unforgettable experience with the services of the Gran Oasis Resort: miniclub, free transfers to the beach and to the centre of Las Americas, adults and children's swimming pool, restaurant, pool bar, gym, spa and beauty treatments, supermarket, garage... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gran Oasis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Oasis Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Gran Oasis Resort Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas