As always this is honest review of this very good hotel.On arrival at the hotel Friday 13.00 we were checked in quickly and shown on a plan of the hotel where our room was, no offer to help just theres the room good luck, the man on reception also told us where the restaurant was and told me we have free unlimited (i'll come back to this later) Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and with that we set off to our room, you have to go up ramps which are quite steep with heavy cases, I left my wife's and mother in law's at the bottom and made 4 trips, later in the day I passed a golf buggy outside our room why cant they use this to take bags to rooms. Once in the room we were very impressed with the room, we had a 2 bedroom with roof terrace, with all rooms on one level and magnificent sea views from the balcony.
Now too the food, after arriving in the afternoon when we got down to the pool bar it was only time for afternoon snacks, a good selection of sandwiches which changed occasionally from day to day. We went to evening meal about 7 and just walked straight in, the guy on the door was a true gentleman everyday, there were a few days in our second week when the hotel was full that queues did occur, but if you went at 6.30 or after 8 you were fine. The selection of food was brilliant, now i'm a very fussy eater and I had plenty of choice everyday, the different theme meals basically had everything as normal with 2 or 3 extra dishes to try, the food was good, hot and tasty, even the kids meals changed everyday, you help yourself to drinks and all meals are buffet style. Breakfast is also excellent with the crepes being especially good. the Lunch at the pool bar was also different everyday with cooked meats to half chickens on offer with a large selection of cakes.
The hotel and pool area was absolutely spotless throughout with even the lifeguard clearing cups and rubbish from around the sunbeds.
we went to the mini disco every night due to having a 5 year old who likes a dance along, special mention must go to Tina and Yuri who were brilliant with the kids, the main entertainment provided really for the adults was at best ok, this was mainly due to the fact that after Tina had entertained the kids Renate turned up and everything turned to absolute chaos, you could be sat for 25 minutes waiting for something to happen which was usually the raffle, now call me cynical but Renate is Scandinavian and in the 10 raffles we saw only 2 British winners of prizes and every other winner was Scandinavian, that's 2 winners from 60 prizes, Renate did a quiz one night and out of 15 questions 12 were directly aimed at the Scandinavians mmmm.
I do get up early normally so I was up early on holiday too so I never had a problem getting sunbeds but unless you wanted position A you could always get a sunbed at anytime of the day even when the hotel was full.
We were told by reception on checking in that you got unlimited free Wi-Fi you actually only get 500mb then you have to wait 7 days before you can get another 500mb, this is only a small thing but why not free Wi-Fi all the time?
All in all we had a wonderful holiday, we met some nice people and the hotel was excellent, and if we were to return to Tenerife we would return to this hotel, the question would be will we want to return to Tenerife
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gran Oasis Resort invites you to enjoy a 4-star hotel in Playa de las Americas, a holiday resort in the south of Tenerife specially designed for families and couples who want to relax and discover this fabulous Canary island. Choose the All Inclusive plan, bed & breakfast or half board plan and live an experience your own way. The Gran Oasis Resort is located in front of Las Americas golf court, between Playa de Las Americas and Los Cristianos bay, in the south of Tenerife. This hotel is ideal for families, as it is located close at hand from Playa de las Vistas beach, 2 km away from the largest waterpark in Europe, the Siam park. Make your holidays an unforgettable experience with the services of the Gran Oasis Resort: miniclub, free transfers to the beach and to the centre of Las Americas, adults and children's swimming pool, restaurant, pool bar, gym, spa and beauty treatments, supermarket, garage... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Oasis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Oasis Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Gran Oasis Resort Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas