“Good Relaxing Holiday”

GreenLeadersSilver level
manchester
“Good Relaxing Holiday”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

As always this is honest review of this very good hotel.On arrival at the hotel Friday 13.00 we were checked in quickly and shown on a plan of the hotel where our room was, no offer to help just theres the room good luck, the man on reception also told us where the restaurant was and told me we have free unlimited (i'll come back to this later) Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and with that we set off to our room, you have to go up ramps which are quite steep with heavy cases, I left my wife's and mother in law's at the bottom and made 4 trips, later in the day I passed a golf buggy outside our room why cant they use this to take bags to rooms. Once in the room we were very impressed with the room, we had a 2 bedroom with roof terrace, with all rooms on one level and magnificent sea views from the balcony.
Now too the food, after arriving in the afternoon when we got down to the pool bar it was only time for afternoon snacks, a good selection of sandwiches which changed occasionally from day to day. We went to evening meal about 7 and just walked straight in, the guy on the door was a true gentleman everyday, there were a few days in our second week when the hotel was full that queues did occur, but if you went at 6.30 or after 8 you were fine. The selection of food was brilliant, now i'm a very fussy eater and I had plenty of choice everyday, the different theme meals basically had everything as normal with 2 or 3 extra dishes to try, the food was good, hot and tasty, even the kids meals changed everyday, you help yourself to drinks and all meals are buffet style. Breakfast is also excellent with the crepes being especially good. the Lunch at the pool bar was also different everyday with cooked meats to half chickens on offer with a large selection of cakes.
The hotel and pool area was absolutely spotless throughout with even the lifeguard clearing cups and rubbish from around the sunbeds.
we went to the mini disco every night due to having a 5 year old who likes a dance along, special mention must go to Tina and Yuri who were brilliant with the kids, the main entertainment provided really for the adults was at best ok, this was mainly due to the fact that after Tina had entertained the kids Renate turned up and everything turned to absolute chaos, you could be sat for 25 minutes waiting for something to happen which was usually the raffle, now call me cynical but Renate is Scandinavian and in the 10 raffles we saw only 2 British winners of prizes and every other winner was Scandinavian, that's 2 winners from 60 prizes, Renate did a quiz one night and out of 15 questions 12 were directly aimed at the Scandinavians mmmm.
I do get up early normally so I was up early on holiday too so I never had a problem getting sunbeds but unless you wanted position A you could always get a sunbed at anytime of the day even when the hotel was full.
We were told by reception on checking in that you got unlimited free Wi-Fi you actually only get 500mb then you have to wait 7 days before you can get another 500mb, this is only a small thing but why not free Wi-Fi all the time?
All in all we had a wonderful holiday, we met some nice people and the hotel was excellent, and if we were to return to Tenerife we would return to this hotel, the question would be will we want to return to Tenerife

Room Tip: Get a 2 bedroom roof terrace room
1 Thank scarlettgrace
Recepcion G, Reception Department at Gran Oasis Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Family,

Gran Oasis Resort staff and management, want to thank you very much for sharing your holidays in our resort and for taking your time once back at home to express your sincere opinion about your experience here.

It is really a big help to read your constructive reviews as they help us to improve day by day.

I will pass your comments to all the departments as for all the managers will be really interesting to read point by point your opinion.

Overall you have had a nice stay and we do thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to be part of your life for a week.

In case you plan to come back please do not hesitate to contact us before for anything you could need, any request or any wish

Thank you very much once again for everything

Reception Department

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (758)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Fife
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were 5 families who had a 10 night stay from Oct 8th 2013.
What I liked,
Good selection of food at breakfast and eve meal although when busy people were waiting for tables(usually in the eve). Lunch was served by the pool bar which was fine and the beer was self serve! The suite we had was great, overlooked the pool, very spacious, clean and comfortable. Air con was a god send, staff were very helpful and friendly.Wi fi throughout the resort and in the rooms. As long as you were not downloading too much it remained free.
The down sides to this hotel,
Pool sides very cramped way too many sun loungers round the pool, could be like an obstacle course at times. The water in the smaller of the two pools tasted awful and unfortunately this is where the water polo was played.
Daytime entertainment was limited to darts, pool and table tennis and even then there were a couple of days where it was limited to one thing. Eve entertainment was average at best, although the last night was very good. Free drinks stopped at 11pm and were charged for after that.
It was a good 30min walk ( downhill) to the resort centre which we done on 3 occasions however a taxi is recommended coming back.
To be honest I think I have been spoiled by my two previous holidays were the hotels were so much bigger and there was more to do. In fact the Gran Oasis worked out slightly more expensive staying the same time of year.
To say I won't be back is only because I never go back to the same hotel twice, however if I can get a bigger and more activity based hotel for the same money then it's a bit of a no brainer!

Room Tip: Go for a one bedroom suite, these are nearer the complex centre and have air con, others rooms you n...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Colin I
Dear Family

Gran Oasis Resort staff and hotel manager want to thank you very much for sharing your holidays with us and for taking your time to express your sincere opinion on this site.

For us it is really crutial to know all our guest´s opinion so i will pass your comments to all the departments´managers.

For anything you could need in the future, you know that all th ebe happy team is here at your disposal very glad to help you.

We do wish you sincerely the best

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

As a family with our 18 month old boy Jakob on his first holiday abroad,we couldn't have imagined it was going to be this good,staff through out the resort from housekeeping" Sandra m" really interacting with the children "and adults" but very family orientated.santy who works in the oh la la bar near the children's pool 1 of 3 pools,always did a fantastic job of meeting and greeting the guests such a nice thing to see,I could go on and on from reception,kitchen staff,porters and servers everything was perfect,we also hired a few things such as a air con unit from premiere rentals "English guy Paul " set it up and doing a fantastic job,best customer service I had ever received 5*!!!!
My unit had a wee problem on the 12 day of hire,I went to reception at 8:30pm and mentioned to them as I booked it through them and Paul's assistant "didn't get his name" sorry but replied on the phone I will be there in 5 mins,I did t disappoint I had another unit set up and running within 10 mins... Impressive customer service ;-) we hired a car from there recommendation and yet again faultless customer service,and every member staff ran like clockwork,and on our 10th day of a 14 night trip we rebooked for the same time next yr ;)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Alanwilburn
Dear guests,

There are no words enough to thank you very much sincerely for sharing your holidays with as at the Gran Oasis Resort and of course as well for taking your time once back at home to writte this lovely review about your experience here.

It is wonderful to read that you have had a lovely time, that you have found a very helpful and attentive staff and that you even you have plans to come back next year.

I will pass your comments to all the staff and i take advantage to send you a warm hug on behalf of every single member of the be happy team.

Do not hesitate to contact us before coming back for anything you could need. We are here at your disposal very gald to help you.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Just back from a fantastic 10 night stay at the Gran Oasis. From the moment we arrived to the day we left we found all the staff to be incredibly friendly and helpful. A special mention must go to Leyla and Lydia on reception and Enzo, JJ and Javier in the restaurant.

Our three daughters thoroughly enjoyed their stay. The entertainments led by Renate and Tina were fantastic and they looked forward to their mini disco every night - "Chihuahua!"

Katie and Jade (Thomas Cook Kids Club) were also good fun and welcoming. We felt secure leaving our children with them. The chocolate party was a particular highlight.

The superior deluxe apartment was better than we could have expected. It was spacious and comfortable for our family of 5 and having two bathrooms was excellent. The private rooftop terrace was a lovely surprise and it was well used. The entire accommodation was clean and well maintained. The cleaning staff worked so hard day and night to keep it and the rest of the resort that way.

The three pools suited our family's needs with our youngest learning to swim in the baby pool!

The food and drink was plentiful and of a very good standard. All inclusive is the way to go!!

We will most certainly be back soon and are already planning our next trip!

Thank you all once again.

Room Tip: Superior deluxe are the best rooms.
1 Thank 1232013JC
Recepcion G, Reception Department at Gran Oasis Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Family,

There are no words enough to thank you very much for choosing us to spend your holidays and as well for giving us your opinon on this site.

It has been absolutely fantastic to read that you had a lovely time here with aall our be happy staff and therefore i will inform everybody about your review.
I take advantage to send you a million of kisses and a warm hug from all the be happy team.

Thank you very much too for offering such important information about the hotel services, features, pools, apartments and so on what is really useful for us and future guests

We do really hope that now you are planning your next visit and for everything you could need at anytime, please do not hesitate to let us know. All the staff will be here very please to help you

Thank you very much, once again, for everything and can´t wait to see you.

Best Regards & Be happy

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Only arrival at the Gran Oasis it looked clean and not too far from the other resorts. The receptionist Lydia was very welcoming and friendly. We went to our rooms which I was concerned about before we came due to the stair issue and having 2 children. Within 5 minutes of being in my son fell down the top stairs bruising his arm, I requested a stairgate and after that we moved the 2 beds down to our room for peace of mind. We always made sure someone was with the kids upstairs or down at all times and had their been a 2 bed available we would have went for that option. We viewed one before leaving and it was all on one level. Everything was clean and well equiped. We had booked with Thomas Cook and the kids club was great and well supervised by Katie and Jade. The hotel animation team where super too and made the evenings fun for the kids, they worked very hard, thanks to Tina, Renate and Yuri.

The restaurant and bar staff where very attentive and made sure they spoke and acknowledged us every meal we had. They are very hard workers. Also the lifeguard who was their mid week was so helpful, clearing rubbish, helping people with sun beds and talking to everyone he saw. He was lovely.

We walked into Los Cristanios one day and prob should have taken a taxi from bottom of hill, it's only 5 euros into Los Cristanios and playa de las Americas. There is a bus twice a day to shopping and once a day to beach and Siam park. Sunday's there are no buses but taxis are cheap.

Overall we had a great first trip to Tenerife and will return.

Room Tip: 2 beds are safer for children.
Dear family,

Gran Oasis Resort wants to thank you very much for choosing us as a destination for your holidays and for taking your time once back at home to express your sincere opinion on this site.

It is a real sadden to know that your little son had that incident inside the apartment. We do sincerely apologize for that

To read that overall you have had a nice holidays is the biggest present that we can receive.
I take advantage at the same time to remmind dyou that before coming, you can contact us at anytime to express us your request, such as rooms with no stairs inside or all the beds to be settled downstairs.

All the be happy team is here pleased to help you in all you could need.

I will inform everybody about your review and i do send you a warm hug on behalf of all the be happy team.

Thank you very much once again for everything and we do really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Wishes

Aylesbury, England
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just returned back from this resort and I can safely say I miss it already!
The apartments were very spacious and kept clean we had our own roof top terrace which was amazing.
We all enjoyed the pool area and the evening entertainment.
if I had to criticise it would only be the lack of gluten free food and snacks available for myself and son.
I would 100% recommend this resort and will return one day x

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Eburnes
Dear Family,

Gran Oasis Resort wants to thank you very much for sharing your holidays with us but as well to express your sincere opinon on this site.

It is fantastic to read that overall you have had a great stay and that you are going to come back.

I recommend you, for the next time, before coming, do not hesitate to email me directly asking for special product gluten free, and we will be very pleased to help you on this matter.

Thank you very for everything and do not hesitate to contact us, all the be happy team is here at your disposal.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

we have just returned from a weeks holiday at the Gran oasis resort, and would like to say that our apartment was lovely we had a roof top terrace which was great which was great for sunbathing!!. the food was also good with different themed nights. we all loved the pools which were also clean and warm. only thing was the amount of steps we had to climb back to our apartment but apart from that I think it is an excellent resort and would definitely go back again the staff were so friendly and very helpful!!

1 Thank sharon_higgs_eburne
Dear Family

Of behlf of all the be happy staff and hotel management, we do want to thank you very much sincerely for sharing your holidays with us and for taking your time once back at home to writte this fantastic review.

It is fantastic that you have found the hotel comfortable, food tasty, room well cleaned and staff very helpful.

I will pass your comments to everybody and i do take advantage to send you a warm hug from all the team.

If you do plan to come in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us for anything you could need.

Reception Department
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Green Garden Resort & Suites
Europe Villa Cortes
Europe Villa Cortes
#6 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa de las Americas
Tigotan Lovers & Friends Playa d...
#5 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
IBEROSTAR Anthelia
IBEROSTAR Anthelia
#3 of 58 in Costa Adeje

Been to Gran Oasis Resort? Share your experiences!