My family and friends spent 11 days at Gran Oasis Resort in July 2013. Overall, I enjoyed the holiday but there are some small issues that stopped it being excellent.
Firstly the pro's:
1) Big resort, very clean. The rooms are lovely, big and spacious. We had deluxe suites which had air con down stairs and golf course views and the room really was wonderful.
2) There are 3 pools, small, medium and large, all the pools are really clean and have astro turf around the pool side to stop slipping (needed as the tiles are EXTREMELY slippy when wet)
3) There is a beach front venue called Monkey Beach that can be used as part of your all inclusive package. A coach picks you up at 10.40am and takes you down and then brings you back at 5pm. The food and drinks are in the all inclusive package and we found it a really nice change from sitting at the pool every day. You do need to book Monkey Beach with reception the day before though.
4) The staff are really, really friendly and will do anything to help you. The entertainment staff work very hard and I thought there were lots of things for kids to do during the day.
5) You can get food all day long from either the ice cream bar near reception, the main bar or the restaurant. I actually enjoyed the bar snacks more than the restaurant food.
1) The food is very repetitive, don't get me wrong I found something to eat every meal time but it was very samey and I found myself having pizza for tea more often than not. The kids had pasta in tomato sauce every single night we were there which (while I was glad they were eating) bored them to tears by the end of the holiday. We paid to eat out twice - not because the food was bad - More to have something different. It really is the same things all the time, other than the themed hotplates which change nightly.
Breakfast was ok. Shame you can only get hot drinks or fruit juice though as my kids just wanted a glass of pop.
2) The night-time entertainment wasn't the best but I do think that is the case anywhere you go.
3) If you are not up at the crack of dawn you cannot get a sunbed.
4) Air con upstairs as well is needed. Walking up the stairs from the bedroom is like walking into an oven.
I must stress though the staff and entertainment team work very, very hard to ensure you have a fantastic holiday, if there was more variety and choice with the food I think this would be a 1st class all round resort. It is a bit out of the way but we knew that when we booked and there is almost no reason to leave the resort anyway as everything you need is there.
Hope this review helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gran Oasis Resort invites you to enjoy a 4-star hotel in Playa de las Americas, a holiday resort in the south of Tenerife specially designed for families and couples who want to relax and discover this fabulous Canary island. Choose the All Inclusive plan, bed & breakfast or half board plan and live an experience your own way. The Gran Oasis Resort is located in front of Las Americas golf court, between Playa de Las Americas and Los Cristianos bay, in the south of Tenerife. This hotel is ideal for families, as it is located close at hand from Playa de las Vistas beach, 2 km away from the largest waterpark in Europe, the Siam park. Make your holidays an unforgettable experience with the services of the Gran Oasis Resort: miniclub, free transfers to the beach and to the centre of Las Americas, adults and children's swimming pool, restaurant, pool bar, gym, spa and beauty treatments, supermarket, garage... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gran Oasis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Oasis Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Gran Oasis Resort Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas