My Girlfriend and our 5 and 6 years son and daughter have just returned from the Gran Oasis Resort. Overall we had a really good time but the hotel did have some faults. So here goes....
Hotel - Excellent
Pool areas - Excellent
Staff - Excellent, Friendly and really worked hard. (more staff were needed at times though and most seemed overworked)
Rooms - Excellent, spacious, clean and flexible.
All inclusive drinks - you can serve your self with wine and beer and soft drinks and they don't question how many you get each time, local spirits are served at the bar and again you don't get asked or questioned even if you double up YES! .You can also upgrade to get all well known brands.
Now for the mixed bag
Food - I agree with what some people have said on here, the food isn't too bad but it could be warmer and the overall service could be better, far too many times things ran out and no one was available to refresh certain foods, especially the more popular ones. The variety is good, and there were some nice dishes but most things were bland and tasteless. The choice for children was also a little limited at times. The choice at lunch time was more limited, but it was better taste wise, warmer and more flexible for children. Breakfast was about the best for us.
Entertainment - The entertainment wasn't good at all, and on some nights it was that bad only a handful of people were left, not surprising when your dishing up parrot shows, eagle shows (both of these were more interested in making money for photos) and dodgy local singers. The kids disco wasn't brilliant and the location of the disco is a bit ropey, they all dance on the edge of a staircase down to the pool.... a health and safety nightmare. I would like to think the entertainment gets better as the season roles on.
Daytime kids entertainment - Not bad, always something to do but a maybe a little more creativity needed.
Location - The hotel is situated about 20 minutes walk from Las Americas, and the same down to Los Cristianos or a free bus....Siam Park is a free short bus ride away. There is also a beautiful Golf Course connected to the resort.
Considering we only paid just over £250 each for a week, I would say that this is great value for money. I have stayed at better hotels and much worse and even though there were some issues its worth a visit, but only if you can get a good deal, I honestly think if you pay too much you will be disappointed.
Hope this helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gran Oasis Resort invites you to enjoy a 4-star hotel in Playa de las Americas, a holiday resort in the south of Tenerife specially designed for families and couples who want to relax and discover this fabulous Canary island. Choose the All Inclusive plan, bed & breakfast or half board plan and live an experience your own way. The Gran Oasis Resort is located in front of Las Americas golf court, between Playa de Las Americas and Los Cristianos bay, in the south of Tenerife. This hotel is ideal for families, as it is located close at hand from Playa de las Vistas beach, 2 km away from the largest waterpark in Europe, the Siam park. Make your holidays an unforgettable experience with the services of the Gran Oasis Resort: miniclub, free transfers to the beach and to the centre of Las Americas, adults and children's swimming pool, restaurant, pool bar, gym, spa and beauty treatments, supermarket, garage... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gran Oasis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Oasis Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Gran Oasis Resort Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas