“Impersonal”
Review of Monkey Bar & Grill

Monkey Bar & Grill
Reserve with
Monkey Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Monkey Bar & Grill is a new modern concept of a steake house, a step out of the convencional with a exellent wine list and unique in cocktails. A big seleccion of steakes for the most demanding and a most sophisticated kitchen in the market for those who are not eaters of meat, we try to use all senses to transform the style of food and make contemporary creations for our customers tastes. When you arrive you notice that you are part of something special! Under old copper-pergolas, surrounded by furniture of asian design, palms and greenery, the decoration is only a beginning. Monkey Bar & Grill es un nuevo concepto de Asador Moderno, una salida de lo convencional con una magnifica carta de vinos y una cocteleria singular. La gran seleccion de cortes de carne para los mas exigentes y una cocina de mercado mas sofisticada para aquellas personas no tan carnivoras, donde desarrollamos todos los sentidos para transformar la comida en estilo y hacer creaciones contemporaneas teniendo en cuenta los gustos de nuestra clientela.Desde que llegas sabes que formas parte de algo especial! Debajo de unas pergolas de cobre envejecido, rodeado de muebles de diseno asiatico, palmeras y plantas salvajes, la abundancia de la decoracion es solo el principio.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Staff a bit impersonal. Busy busy with no sense of relaxing. Staff were very "get you fed and out" attitude. Food was good but found they forgot about you when it came to dessert and coffee. Ok at best

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Well after remembering the Monkey Bar and Grill from a previous visit i thought i would try it on this visit in March 2013 to Tenerife and so glad i did . What a fantastic place, the atmosphere is great, a little oriental in look with all the lanterns and a fabulous place to sit while waiting for a table or finishing the evening off with a coffee on the comfy sofas .Tthe food is fantastic,we both picked different meals and not only couldnt we fault them our praise is endless, portion size great, choice on menu great, presentation too is lovely. The service was brilliant and value for money is excellent . We would definately go again when on the island and would highly reccomend it to others you really must try it or you will miss out on a real gem .

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were attracted by the quite nice exotic look of the Monkey Bar and by its choice of barbecued meat. However, the overall dinner experience was highly disapointing.

Beside the fact that the quality of the meat was far below expectations, we felt cheated by the staff.

We had a bottle of red wine, but while eating, I had some doubts if it was really the bottle I ordered. So I asked for the wine menu again to check, which was quite easy since they reproduced the labels of the various bottles in the menu. Well, the bottle we got was not the one we had ordered. The wine was ok, so this wouldn't have been a major problem - but they billed the wine we ordered (35 €). When I complained that I was disposed to pay the price of the wine I have got but not willing to pay for a wine that I ordered and didn't get, the answer was: "Yes, but since you have accepted the wine, you have to pay that price." The waitress had even the audacity to pretend that the wine we got was more expensive than the one we had ordered. Hard to check, since the wine we had got was not on the wine menu...

Summary: relatively nice setting, mediocre food, try to rip off clients ... The Monkey Bar has all the major attributes of a tourist trap. Avoid !

1  Thank JacquotP
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We liked the look of the place. Cocktails were fab. Waitress was lovely. Hostess wasn't very suited to her job as she was very unhelpful and somebody else used the word snooty and I think that fits. The food was delicious. We ordered satay chicken skewers, duck spring rolls w mango and a pear an d blue cheese salad to start. All delicious. Mains we had maple salmon -my sister loved, duck dim sum -yum and I had the slow roasted Iberian pork. I didn't like mine but I think it was just a poor choice for me. Plenty more to choose from on the menu. I found the wine list extremely expensive €17 for a half bottle of Muga!!! You wouldn't even pay that here! I would go back and have my blue cheese salad for main course! :-)

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We ate there first for lunch. My wife had a decent sandwich but mine was very good. Sat once down for cocktails. Their mojitos are horrible but ride the monkey cocktail was good. We ate for dinners once and that was plain bad. THeir salmon was over cooked, tasteless and very overprice. Their soup was also bad. Service was rude.

1  Thank Hundurinn