“Private Apartment”

Ponderosa Apart Hotel
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I am afraid I can only give a part review being in a private apartment in the Ponderosa and not taking any meals at all, although I believe that for 22.50 euros you may have 3 meals and all you can drink for one day which can't be bad if you like a drink
The apartment was very clean and easy to maintain with all the facilities needed constant hot water not like some hotels where first up is best dressed so to speak
Being in a private apartment there was free wi-fi but not having English TV was a bit of a pain but I was able to stream most channels using filmon.com
One other comment is that the safe cost of 22.50 per week is a bit excessive but other than that the hotel was well placed for the beech and being close to the bus station made travel easy
I personally have no complaints about my stay

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Davros97

Reviewed December 22, 2013

me and my girlfriend stayed here in november all inclusive for 6 nights. we chose this hotel as it was very cheap, basically only £70 more for all inclusive as opposed to self catering. i'd read the reviews so wasn't expecting it to be great. when we arrived the hotel looked very nice, very friendly women on reception and a great room on a high floor with a great view. yes the hotel is a bit dated it has 2 pools and a large bar,but you do get what you pay for so i don't know why people moan. the food was nice, breakfast not brilliant but not much different to your usual spanish concoction. the dinner and evening meals were great. chips every night with a few various fish and meats and salad. the bar was ok, a bit understaffed but they tried there best. like i say you get what you pay for. all in all for the price we payed i was more than happy and would definitely return. oh and great weather as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Phil747
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Having seen this historic hotel in person, my friends and I cannot wait to spend 4 days in luxurious surroundings with state of the art facilities. Being churchgoers, and 1 Amish, we were coerced into booking all inclusive, just in case we take a notion for a small half of beer when dusk settles. For some this will be their first visit abroad and for others the first time weve holidayed in style. The place looks stunning, can't believe each room has its own WC , very modern, and no bunk beds either. I just hope one of us doesn't have 1 too many sherrys and ruin it for everyone else. And if our japes get a little out of hand, we have our own Baptist minister who will bring us back into Jesus's flock

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank FleeceDannunzio
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Me and my partner stayed at the ponderosa apar hotel and I don't mean to be crude but it was awful! I think and my partner thinks that it partly ruined our holiday we was both glad to be bk home on Sunday.

On arrival receptionist man was very friendly very helpful. We went to our 1 bed apartment which wasn't bad if I'm honest very basic and needs updating but liveable for a couple for 1 week maximum (would not recommend families to stay here).

We kept an open mind after reading the reviews about this hotel and I can understand why. The bathroom was thumbs down. The toilet flusher was broke so it moved around when flushed and had to be flushed a few times to get rid of waste. The bathroom also had a lingering smell of urine upon arrival. That was resolved with abit of bleach.

Still keeping an open mind we went down for dinner. Some of the things on the menu: mushy fish rabbit chips that tasted as though the oil hadn't been changed for years. Awful!!!!

We was all inclusive n ate out everyday. There was only 1 staff member a Time manning the dining area and the bar so they would have to run between the 2!!! (You need more staff). Jimmy was very helpful and made us feel very welcome.

Location was good about 10 minutes from strip.

The maids cleaned the room twice during our whole stay and the 1st time we had to ask and she only made the beds! No fresh sheets. We looked and she was gone I had to call her back and ask for a mop as the floor was sticky from spilt drinks.

Alcohol quite watered down but still gets you drunk. Drinks at breakfast and dinner service were awful I've never tasted orange juice like that in my life.

I could go on! We met some lovely people and there was a few nights of entertainment but that is all. I wouldn't recommend this hotel and we wouldn't go back. I'm not fussy but this was beyond a joke with regards to some of the service we had the food and the cleanliness of the rooms.

Gracias.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Morgan05687
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Ignore reviews of this place being dark, unclean and out of date, they were written by people who want 5 stars for 3 star prices, I wanted a cheap break in the winter sun, and that's what I got.
The hotel was clean if in need of a lick of paint, the entertainment was non existent except for the karaoke on a Monday.
This place is full of people getting their belly full of cheap drink before heading to the clubs, it's not rough or rowdy though, I found everybody respectful of each other, couples and singles.
The food was ok, not great and the bar area was fine, but again needs updating.
If ya wanting a 5 star break go to a 5 star hotel, if ya wanting a good place to rest after a good night in town, this is the place.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank michael c
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel/apartments is good value for money. It may not be a 5* but for what i paid (£350ish) for the week including flights and transfer I wasn't expecting the Ritz. The staff are friendly and helpful. Food is edible. Beveridges are drinkable. Rooms are fit for purpose.
I wouldn't recommend it to a young family though as there is not much for kids to do.
In short, the hotel is what you should expect from a 3* in PDLA.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Markrobertson83
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We arrived at ponderosa the first impressions of the hotel said it all the name above the hotel half of the letters weren't lit up. The room was awful and needed a clean our bed was two singles pushed together one matress was higher than the other I complained went out and returned to the room and they had took a leg off the bed and left it on the bedside drawers. The food was awful we was all inclusive and ate out at restaurants everyday the food was the same every day. The only good thing about the hotel was the beer was free and tasted good I'm just glad we was only there a week and didn't have children with us. The hotel needs updating everything is old. We had to pay 20€ deposit for our room key and got that back when we was leaving u had to pay for wifi daily if you wanted it also 20 € for a safe that was in the wardrobe. There was no entertainment on, the lights on the corridors going to your rooms were never on o broke. I would not recommend the hotel to anyone and take my advise it is a run down hotel

• Stayed: October 2013