“Great location, large rooms with good views, plenty to eat”

Ponderosa Apart Hotel
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed here April 2010, was good nice tall hotel good views, had massive one bed apartment with lounge, tv double balcony as it was a corner end room so was big and spanned across massive balcony great views out to see. Short walk 10 mins to main strip veronicas, lots of bars etc. Took some tours with a local british company I think those blanket tours, well worth it although they stop and give you the shpeel about bedding and beds etc but you get a quick bite and bottle of wine. Have to go see Mt Teide, no point visiting Tenerife and not seeing that.
Hotel was fine, pool was okay lounged by it a few times, visited the beach, dont think it was sandy. Nice promenade to walk along. Visited Los Cristianos and another area with really good shops cant remember what its called its down towards or maybe even in los cristianos? Also visited Adeje another resort also nice. Stayed about 4 days, lots of places to walk by the sea outside the hotel, right took you along the sea and shops, left took you to the strip.

Food in hotel was average but enough to get by on. Everything was fine, worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Irami
There are newer reviews for Ponderosa Apart Hotel

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Right where do i begin hotel is clean great location for beach,shops,nightlife not noisy at all,room was basic but who stays in there room on holiday all you need is a bed which isn't comfortable at all and pillow is way too soft,food at hotel can be very repetitive same food at lunch and dinner no labels on food so you have no idea what you are eating best times to go to restaurant is when it's opens as food is hot and fresh but there's oly so many times you can eat chips without getting bored of it.all inclusive people beware you can have as many drinks as you like up until 10:30pm then it's a strict 1 drink per person which is rubbish especially if there's a group of you,entertainment can be a bit boring lots of animal shows which are alright unless your petrified of snakes!!!! Overall proberly wouldn't stay here again just because of the food but that's just me,hotel was mainly full of English people which was good as got to meet a few people and make new friends,pools are cleaned every morning but don't go and put towel on subbed before 9am as they will take them off and dump them by the bins trust me they do we saw it happen,bar staff are friendly apart from one who never smiles but be warned you may have to wait a while for drinks as the staff do the bar and restaurant,more staff need at this hotel .

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Clive G
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews I was really concerned about this hotel, however I really don't know what everyone is moaning at. As a 21 year old, I had a fantastic time, we were close enough that we could walk to the strip with ease, however far away enough that it wasn't noisy.
The food was repetitive but there are differences every day.
I can't believe everyone is slating the staff, reception were fantastic at all hours, and I mean even the ones at three in the morning would do anything for you, the younger bar staff were fantastic, however there was a certain blond lady who only smiled when getting near the end of the shift and appeared very rude, howeve she appeared to be running the dining room and bar so I don't blame her really.
Pools were lovely and the views beautiful.

Had an amazing time, thank you.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank georgiaem
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Being allergic to pretty much everything I was worried about being all inclusive. However after asking the kind lady called Natalia on reception to translate all of my allergies into Spanish for the kitchen staff, I had no worries at all! Every meal time was thought of for my benifit, giving me either a set meal or a wide range of choices. The chefs were all so lovely and remembered what I liked and what I didn't. They even bought me special bread!

Also being a 20 year old female, I wanted to go out in the nights - the town is located about 5 mins away from the hotel (which makes the overall evening noise level as low as possible)

The pools were clean and there was always a space for us on the sun loungers!

The bar staff were lovely and knew our drinks before we said anything!

Overall I am exited to keep coming back to ponderosa. See you next year everyone!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Chloe993
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Food is average, service is average, rooms are average but you get exactly what you pay for! I went on holiday with 9 boys and 2 other girls in June this year - we had a brilliant time - if anything, we drank more than we paid for this hotel and I think that is what most of the other groups of people staying there at the same time with us were doing as well.

The pool area is clean, great location - the weather is fab and it's all inclusive - what is not to like! Anyone moaning about the food/rooms/service needs to pay more for their holiday!

The only thing we could have done with were a couple of extra staff members around the bar.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room! We had a corner room with a wraparound balcony which had the sun on it wel...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lolitaontour
Reviewed September 6, 2013

After reading reviews I certainly was worried about my 7 night stay All Inclusive here, if you see past reviews stating they take 100 euros deposit this is not true, they only take 20 euro deposit for your key which you get back on departure day. The reception staff were extremely helpful and friendly, rooms were dated but quite large.

Entertainment was poor, we had 2 nights of Karaoke and a parrot show, I'm not a breakfast person so cant comment, but lunch and dinner food was fairly repetitive but I eat chips everyday anyway so I didnt complain,

Beach is 5 minutes down the road with some restaurants just around the corner, Siam Park is also literally across the road, you can see the entrance from your balcony.

7 nights All Inclusive £360 x 2 including flights was a bargain for August and would certainly use this hotel again for a cheap Tenerife Holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Manchesterlad26
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Hotel needs a new renovation , food is a bit repetitive,staff were friendly, good location beach is just down the road. Overall you get for what you pay, we had a good stay but won't book with this hotel again .

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Susana F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Las Piramides
#45 of 59 in Costa Adeje
Apartamentos Borinquen
Apartamentos Borinquen
#34 of 58 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Ponderosa Apart Hotel? Share your experiences!