“"Wouldnt send my worse enemy there!"”

Ponderosa Apart Hotel
East Kilbride, Scotland, United Kingdom
“"Wouldnt send my worse enemy there!"”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Ok, where do i start? After the death of my mother at the end of may, my father and i and son needed a break away. My father booked this hotel without checking it out and when i came bk from work and looked it up, i thought OMG! the pics looked ok but reviews were mixed. I thought to myself, well, everyone has different opinions of a holiday. So i decided to just wait and see but prepared myself for it not being that great! We arrived and the reception area looked ok, staff seemed alright then was given a room. When we got to the room it was old and run down, was gonna ask to change rooms but my dad said see how it goes. The view from the balcony was spectacutor!! The room had no air condition and the camp bed for my father kept collapsing. Next day i swaped the camp bed for one of the beds in the room as i thought it will be ok for my 6 yr old son to sleep in. Well, things didnt get much better. Staff in restraunt were rude with exception of one lovely girl leia. Food was terrible, my son ate chips and lettace for most nights lunches was terrible, food had no taste. Breakfasts was ok, untill a friend i met said there was ants in the cereal. OMG!. The hotel was dirty, they treated toilet roll like gold dust and was reluctant on giving you it.The whole 9 days stay there was 2 nights of entertainment. One parret show which was ok, my son enjoyed that, and snakes which entailed the guy coming round with a big snake and wanting money for ur picture taken which was 10 Euros per pic! There was no kids entertainment, if u could call a bouncy castle next to the pool that, which in my view was very dangerious as kids sliding down the slide inside it, was sliding right off it. Pool table the cues had no tips, money kept getting stuck and they wouldnt return your money. Drinks defo watered down, one drink per person per all inclusive band and in a plastic cup. If u wanted a glass u had to bring it from the dining room and cling to it for dear life!. Faulty towers was a great hotel in comparison to this. Our room never got cleaned, our beds was made on second day and we had to sign for towels. When my father asked for our room to be cleaned she said tommorrow, he argued a little with her and gave up! with no air condition our sheets were soaking in the morning. We only got hot water from between 5-7pm. even for a3* hotel this was the worst ive ever experienced, especially after such a traumatic time loosing our mum. I could go on forever here but whats the point! if ur thinking of booking Dnt! the best part of this holiday was the people we met and we all had something in common which was slagging off this hotel. Such a same, understaffed and a little smile with proper service you would expect could go a long way!!! Andrea, Ronnie and Angelo from Glasgow.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I was supposed to stay at the ponderosa hotel for 7 days & flew back after 3.. Worst experience of my life!! All inclusive, excluding the usual hygiene requirements of toilet roll etc, and when politely asked for, was rudely informed that the 3 members of our party had used our of 1 roll allocation in 3 days?
DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL, it is the armpit of the world, would have had better customer service and cleanliness in a war zone! disgusting room, cockroach in the fridge, blood in the bath,

Room Tip: DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL under any circumstances
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Playa de las Americas hotels

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2011

this was one of the most terrible experenises i we have had .food bad take money to eat out .hotel unclean no maid service to be seen had to ask for toilet paper and towels to be changed .To top it all the staff were rude and do not know the meaning of customer service .i pool area not much better and if you want a drink be perpared to wait .

Room Tip: sorry 4 rooms all bad all i can say is don't get a ground floor as my daughters were over run wi...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Ok I'm writing this review, after returning from the ponderosa yesterday.
Me and my boyfriend went to stay for a week, we checked the reviews first, we was a bit worried, but put it down to fussy people, and because were not like that, we decided to book it anyway.
We wernt expecting 5 star quality when we returned anyway.
We first walked to reception, staff were friendly and it looked nice and clean. We signed something and then given our room key.
I wasn't too dissapointed of our room, it looked clean and fairly spacious, basic but what I expected.
Although when we went down to get drinks, there was a small guy with slick back hair and white tshirt on, that seemed very annoyed, had a serious face, and for some reason seemed very annoyed that we wanted him to make us a pernot drink. We decided to tip him to make him a bit friendlier, but he continued to be rude.
The drinks we very watered down, couldn't even get a bit tipsy after loads of drinks.
It seemed a bit dead, not many people round the pool, or on the chairs, we was wondering where everyone was, considering the amount of rooms there was.
Everytime we went to lunch the food seemed to be getting worse, fish with no taste, and loads of bones in. brussel sprouts everytime, and chips. Not much meat served. Hard rice in the salad area.everything had no taste.
Every dinner time I looked around and all I saw was miserable faces, noone looked pleased atall with the food.
Not much lighting, everything looked dark, especially the bar. It all looked quite morbid and creepy.:(
There was one young english white girl with brown hair behind the bar her uncle owns the place. She tried to flirt with my boyfriend the whole time, she was flash, and rude to me when I went up for drinks, instead of my boyfriend. Unbelievable.
We saw no entertainment atall the whole holiday, all we missed was a short parrot show, so can't comment on that.
One night was asked if there was going to be entertainment, and they sed yes football on tv, but it was all in spanish couldn't understand it.
Really stale sandwiches and tomatoes as snacks that nobody was eating.
My boyfriends staff pass for free travel was stolen out of the room.
Was gonna get a safe, but had to pay 55 euro for the week, plus 30 pound deposit, I couldn't believe it. Because we refused to pay it, that's when he's pass went missing. We thought that was odd.
No air conditioning so couldn't sleep in the night, was absolutely boiling, even when door open.
Staff unhelpful, especially a slightyly podgy looking spanish woman with black hair at the reception desk. Was unbelievably rude, and snatched the room key off me, wen we checked out.
Although I thought I should warn you, you can make your own mind up about it.
But definitely would not recommend this place, or go back again.
It was quite a nightmare.

• Stayed September 2011
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2011

1stly DON'T PAY FOR XFERS!!!!! The titsa bus at Tenerife South Airport is outside the airport arrivals door and is 2euro's 50 to get to Las Americas Terminal, which is a 2 min walk to the Ponderosa Hotel!!!!

The hotel is dated, shabby and stale smelling. The reception staff were harrassed and helpful to a point.

Plastic cups for all drinks, the pool was dirty and we had a nightmare with young people getting trollied and waking you up from 3am onwards.

We only ate in twice and that was due to the food not being labelled and being really poor when you did eat it.

Black russian cocktail was lethal but yummy, helped cope with the state of the place really.

No aircon, entertainment was dire, barstaff were useless, queueing for a long time.

Afternoon snacks were stale sandwiches and tomatoes

Overall, would not go back if paid for, for me, had an awful time and only thankful that we have friends in los christianos to be able to escape to!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank btoz_1999
Reviewed September 12, 2011

After reading the reviews I was very concerned about staying in A Ponderosa. There was Myself and 4 friends staying in the hotel all inclusive. We had had rooms 512 & 514 which they allowed us to make into one large room via a door that separated the rooms. The rooms were reasonable in size, was as clean as could be and had spacious bathrooms with working showers! The food in the hotel was more than edible, although by the 5th day it was becoming a bit repetitive! They had hot and cold food areas to suit everyone's needs with plenty of salad and at least one fish/meat option! The breakfasts were by far the best meals with proper sausages! Only let down was the fatty bacon but it was still on my plate every morning! There are two pools, we called one the adult and one the kids pool although they were virtually the same size.. The pool was cleaned every morning! The staff were great.. There was one small fella with slick black hair who could be taken the wrong way but he was always joking about.. we called him sexy beach cause he hated making sex on the beach cocktails! The hotel is the closest to Siam Park (the best water park I have ever seen) and you can see a couple of the rides from the balcony! The hotel is 10 mins away from the Veronica strip which we visited every night! There are pool tables and table tennis dotted around the hotel and a small area with two computers with wi-fi access. We payed 404 each for the holiday which was worth every penny! We will be visiting again next year but in all honesty we may try a different hotel. Hope this answers a few questions.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Craigybaby87
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2011

we stayed here for a week all inclusive mid august.we had 3 rooms and the age range was 17-44 with 6 of us
..things you want from a hotel..food-plenty of it,always hot but got a bit similary towards end of week-needs more variety...showers all 3 worked well and plenty of hot water...staff-50/50 some laughed some grumped...hotel pool was nice as kids had own pool and you werent always surrounded by kids?...the hotel itself could do with a bit of a overhaul but its a 3* and keep that in mind...
OK BAD POINTS
a purse left in a drawer inside a wardrobe had 50 euros taken from it..informed reception straight away who didnt do anything but listen and smile..asked for manager who was more interested in what was happening out the window! so we called police made statement and was told they would inform us of any finding-still waiting!...my 20yr old daughter took off her necklace to go to a water park-hid it in a box...went to put it on 2 days later and it had gone-we all searched-nowhere..then as we packed to come home we looked on top of a shelf that was 7ft up (daughter is 5ft 5 and in cast with a broken leg! could not have put it up there!) and there laid out flat was the necklace?? bizarre- am convinced it had been placed for a return collection...there are safes avaialbe BUT they dont all work- and the swipe cards open more than one safe...
after speaking to other people in restaurant we discovered that 3 others had money taken too over the week...but the manager didnt care less!..police did nothing and it was a shame because our holiday was great... would not return to ponderosa though even if it was free

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank rach871
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Las Piramides
#45 of 58 in Costa Adeje
Hotel Zentral Center
Hotel Zentral Center
#29 of 58 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Ponderosa Apart Hotel? Share your experiences!