“Two week holiday”

and 1 more site!
Parque Santiago III
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had a one bedroom apartment that was very spacious. It would have been better if the apartment was South facing as we had no sun on a very large balcony at all. Other problem was that the property wide WiFi which was 20 pds /week did not have a signal in our apartment. Reception were very helpful and reimbursed this but then we had to rely on the free WiFi in the lobby area only.
On the plus side the beds were very comfortable and there was good maid service.
The best parts of this complex were the excellent pools and extensive sunbed areas and of course the excellent weather at this time of year.
Overall a great holiday which was arranged through Coop travel through Thomsons. All aspects of their organisation including the flights were great.

Room Tip: Have a south facing room and check if WiFi will work if you want it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank David N

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Just back from these apartments and on first impression lovely layout,then on being allocated our apartment situated on the road side disappointed as across the road the music at night was deafening and early mornings we were woken by the sound of the recycling bins being dragged to the roadside for emptying.
The apartments on the plus side were well equipped and spacious but in need of upgrade in furniture especially the sofa ,I'm glad that we wouldn't have had to sleep on it as it was really uncomfortable. The rooms were cleaned every day and on arrival a basket of fruit and a bottle of wine were left in room. As with previous comments check in was slow and room wasn't ready but we were given a complimentary drink in the hotel bar.
The swimming pool area was really great plenty of beds and three pools,the only downside were the rather overpriced bars on the complex and round the immediate vicinity.
There are plenty of decently priced eating places just off the main area at the rear of the safari centre Brahms and Liszt do good reasonably priced meals and beer from 2 euros a pint also recommend Daniels restaurant just opposite la siesta hotel .

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Having read the reviews on here I was quite disappointed with the resort (although maybe i had set my expectations too high). We were allocated a room on the Main Street, which we didn't mind too much until it got to midnight and three of the bars had singers performing with the sound ringing in our ears. I always sleep with ear plugs in on holiday and I could still hear the noise through those. We complained to reception and we told to go back the next morning. We did this and were informed that we had to wait another 24hrs to be moved, not ideal especially as I'm 5 months pregnant and had to endure another bad nights sleep.the second room was much better as it was on the side of the complex. The room was very outdated (pink bathroom suite) and there were bugs in the kitchen cupboards (in the 1st apartment and the second apartment), apart from that the cleaning staff did a good job of looking after the apartments and we had fresh towels every day. The welcome fruit basket was a nice touch along with a small bottle of wine and some water. We didn't use the pool as the water was freezing and the heated pool had green mouldy grunge in it. We also could not access the wi-fi (although n holiday I did have some work to do) when I enquired at reception if there was a problem a rather rude chap told us it was fine. He would not listen to what I had to say and even showed me on his own personal phone that it did work! I explained that my iPad and iPhone could not connect and could he let me have a login etc he just dismissed me and sent me on my way!!! The same chap was also quite rude when we went to enquire about our airport transfer (not all the reception staff were like this and some we very helpful indeed). So unfortunately I would not return to this complex, we had family members staying at the conquistador and las palmer as and they were much nicer

Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank n_wilton
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Married couple early 50’s and sister law stayed in one bedroom apartment in Santiago 3. Sister in law slept on sofa bed and found it OK and privacy was no problem as there was door on the bedroom. Had garden view and although asked for sea view soon got over disappointment. Half bottle wine of wine and bowl of fruit welcomed us upon arrival. The cleaners were in every day with fresh towels and bedding and overall did a great job.

About 300 apartments over four floors in horse shoe configuration with open end on sea front. Under the apartment complex there was about 80 + shops in a `T’ shaped formation. The accommodation was a mixture of privately owned and rented apartments. Very large free form swimming pool and Jacuzzi surrounded by loads of sun beds. Because of the shops the complex is open to the public so beware but was very quiet after sundown.

The resort in the immediate area was always clean and well maintained and more up market than Los Christianos but still very busy and highly commercialised and a downside was the large amount of nuisance itinerate Africans selling sunglasses, fake DVD’s etc.

The restaurants in the Harry’s bar complex about 300 metres away from Santiago 3 are nice but well overpriced and you can find equally good food in numerous places at half the price. As for exchange rates there are loads of places around and even the worst rate was better than the best in UK so exchange your money in Tenerife. As for tobacco prices we went in eight shops and found all the same prices and so bit the bullet and bought the stash, however, a couple of days later when going a bit further into Los Christianos found most prices about one euro cheaper for a box of 200 so shop around.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank hotpoint
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at PS3 on the reccomendation of friends who have stayed there for the past 3 years.
The hotel is placed just right,15 mins steady walk to los christianos,10 mins walk to the madness of las americas and a 2 min walk to the beach.You dont need to go that far as there are plenty of good bars and resturants on the strip outside the hotel.The pools were great although cold (even the heated pool was not very pleasent but it was january)and the mini water park would keep the kids amused for about 4/5 cold beers at a guess(we didn't have the kids with us).
The rooms had all you needed,but needed a lick of paint,beds were comfy and the shower had plenty of power.
The only reason I didn't give 5 star was the pool bar incident....we arrived at the hotel at 16.30 so after dumping the wife and cases in the room,I went to the supermercado across the street for the essentials,water,milk,beer,sugar,beer and some beer and after returning to the hotel called in at the pool bar on the way to the room,for some errr beer,I ordered a large beer and the waiter promptly served me 2 large beers,I told him I only wanted 1 but he said it was happy hour 2 for 1 ok says I "how much do I owe you?" 4 euros he says,4 euros for 1 beer I said ,but you have 2 beers he says,but I only wanted one,how much for 1 beer , 4 euros he says ,I'm now looking for the hidden camera,I decide to cut my losses and pay the 4 euros...Guess what I only took 15 euros to the supermrket and all I have left is 3.89 ,11 cents short, I tell him I dont have 4 euros and he swiftly takes my 2 beers back off me and threw them down the sink ,c'mon Miguel get you s##t together.
Hope this helps,all in all a very good holiday.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bean1957
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Been to this hotel 3 times and love it the appartments are excellent the pool is massive service is great.This hotel is great for families as 24 hour security and no latenight noise is tollerated maid service is excellent these are selfcatering apartments but the choice of places to eat are endless the supermarkets are also very good they stock everything you could want.They are close enough to Los christianos to afford a lovely walk down to see the boats would def recomend this for anyone who wants a relaxing holiday the kids pool also looks amazing and plenty of life guards all day.I just wish they would do some sort of all inclusive option that would make it even better and in my eyes untouchable.Also when we arrived there was a lovely basket of fruit a bottle of wine and bottled water as a gift great touch and terrific start to the holiday

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Joanne K
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I travelled to these apartments with my husband and 3 year old daughter and we loved it! The apartments themselves are very centrally located with a long street of bars and restaurants all very reasonable too. It is a little walk in playa de las Americas it's on compostella beach which I would class more of Los Christianos end, which surprisingly I thought being a little further out to the noisy playa de las americas strip was better. Loads to keep you busy here. The pool is huge and loads of sunbeds so was never a problem getting them. The kids water park and play area was fantastic kept our daughter occupied for hours. It's also located on the beach front. Only downside to these apartments was when we booked we wasn't aware that the apartment was spread over two levels which meant concrete stairs with a 3 year old! An accident did occur with her falling and hurting herself on the bottom concrete stair but due to over crowding there were no available one level apartments for us to move to. They also have no stair gate to hire so for toddler safety they would have to sleep downstairs with adult on the pull out bed as the top of the stairs meets with the end of the bed to a completely open stairway! That aside we loved our holiday here and found the whole area very reasonably priced! we will most definitely be returning in years to come.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family