“Very enjoyable holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Parque Santiago III
cardiff
“Very enjoyable holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

I am just returned from Parque Santiago 3 and was very pleasantly surprised. This is my 4th trip to Tenerife previously however I have stayed in Costa Adeje. After last years disaster at the hotel Family Isabel in Adeje I decided to look elsewhere in the resort and although nervous about a Las Americas location I couldn't have been more pleased.
Since my first 2 visits to Tenerife I have become disabled so that is a very important consideration the location of Parque Santiago is ideal for the disabled traveller due to the mainly flat location. We booked with Thomson First Choice and sadly yet again although we booked as a disabled passenger requiring either a ground floor room or access via a lift when we arrived for the 2nd year running the information wasn't passed to the hotel. Initially we were put in a 3rd floor apartment with no lift. This was one of the duplex apartments.
The Duplex apartments are meant for 4 but there are some issues over the location of the bathroom being that you can only access it through the upstairs bedroom, if like me you have mobility issues this will not suit you, it was however a spacious and well equipped apartment with both a sea and Teide view
On checking in we advised the hotel management the requirement for an easy access apartment also showing them the written instructions on the booking form regarding a disabled passenger and an access apartment and although they were unable to give us an apartment on the Tuesday they promised us we would get one Thursday. We also approached the tour rep who was exceptionally helpful and he also ensured that the Hotel would make available a ground floor apartment for us.
I should add I do not blame the Hotel for this but the Holiday company for failing to ensure that firstly the hotel could accommodate us that week but also ensure the hotel are aware of the requirement.
On the Thursday morning as promised a wonderful ground floor apartment was made available to us and the holiday for me could start.

I found the apartments nicely equipped with a more than adequate oven and hob and fridge, the cooking utensils were ideal as were the crockery. The beds were OK I have had far worse but as others have previously mentioned there are plastic mattress covers which I removed as I found them too hot with them on. There are 4 English TV channels on the TV along with numerous other language channels.
We had housekeeping in every day who were exceptionally polite and good at their job.

The whole environment is delightful with beautifully maintained gardens and pools, the heated pool was 32C which was very swimmable in, the unheated larger pool was cooler at 28C and a little too cold for me but both pools were well maintained and delightful. There is a further children's pool area, we didn't travel with children so couldn't make an honest assessment but it looked great fun and unlike the Hotel Isabel was not a noisy environment.
That would be my general assessment of the complex in that it wasn't noisy but a delightful environment to enjoy a holiday.

There is a very well stocked Supermarket opposite the main entrance, it is part of the Parque Santiago complex , I note some have claimed it was expensive I felt it was reasonably priced. They have an excellent pattiserie and charcuterie counters and also a large stock of alcohol if that is what you desire, fresh fruit is a little expensive but bananas obviously being grown on the island very reasonably priced.

Although the complex has a number of bars and restaurants connected with it we did find them a little more pricey than those just a short distance away along the sea front towards Los Cristianos, but there is ample choice price wise in the vicinity, we used the Green banana card on a few occasions to get 10% off in many food establishments too.
If like me you enjoy shopping there are some good shopping experiences nearby as well.

The mini golf course next to the supermarket is fun although not the cheapest but well worth a go.

All in all it was after the ground floor apartment got sorted a lovely complex with great facilities both in and out of the apartments, it is nicely situated it isn't noisy but there is plenty of entertainment nearby for those who want it.
If like me you have mobility issues push your holiday company to contact the hotel management to ensure a suitable apartment.
Would I go back, absolutely infact we are looking at renting privately one of the larger 4 bedroom villas next year.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank CardiffFlo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Gloucestershire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

I stayed in parque santiago 3 with two friends for 12 days. The room was clean but on the small side and one person had to sleep on the camp bed, which barely fitted once put down. The kitchenette had everything we needed and the bathroom was spacious in comparison to the rest of the room. The best part about the room was the balcony as we had a view of the beach. We stayed in the 'Gran Canaria' building which was also very close to the beach entrance and shops and restaurants.

In terms of facilities the hotel has many shops and restaurants. The only restaurant I would recommend however is the 'happy stable' where they do fantastic steak. The Italian restaurant I found the food average and the service lacking.

The hotel swimming pool is big but is saltier than the sea, therefore I only swam in the sea where if you swim out central from the beach there are some rocks with loads of fish life that are good for snorkelling - Warning though the sea is not warm and the waves are very strong.

The hotel location is fantastic, very close to beach, restaurant and shops and within walking distance from night life (veronicas strip) but far enough away to not be disturbed by noise on quiet nights in.

Activities we did whilst there included visit to loro animal park, visit to siam water park, jet skiing, whale and dolphin watching boat trip,horse riding and hired a car and drove to the volcano mount teide. The best activity however was the scuba diving with tenerife sun who took us to a dive site to swim with turtles.
I would not recommend booking any activities with the tour agent as they are much cheaper and there is more choice at a activities shop near parque santiago 4 complex.

On the return flight the plane was delayed but first choice our tour operator put us up in a very nice hotel for the night and provided lots of food as well as keeping us informed. I would therefore recommend them as a tour operator for this holiday.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

We booked this holiday through a travel agent after reading all the good reviews on trip advisor. We had booked to stay in either Parque Santiago 3 or Parque Santiago 4. We were placed in Parque Santiago 5, which we had never seen mentioned on any other sites. The apartment was big, but it was directly above a supermarket. We had to cross a main road and walk through a shopping centre to the swimming pool. Talking to one of the sales people we were informed that 50% of Parque 3 and 25% of Parque 4 were privately owned. The remaining for rent through the hotel were all the ones that faced the road. Had we realised this we would not have booked through a tour operator. Parque 4 would be better than Parque 3, as this was secure for guests only. In Parque 3 anyone could access the area through either the shopping centre or the restraunt at the edge of the pool. Were very disappointed in the food in the local area. Were very shocked by the price of the drinks in the local bars and on site. A fanta was 2.4 euros.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed in Parque Santiago 3, but the 9th time we have visted Playa de las Americas! When we stayed here several years ago we had a ground floor room with a small garden and a view of the pools. This time we had a 2nd floor room with a side view of the sea.

The rooms are very spacious. We were travelling as 3 adults so we had the bedroom upstairs and a sofa bed downstairs. As ever in these places, the beds were very firm but a lot better than we have experienced in other apartments! The sofa bed was actually comfier to sleep on. As well as the sofa bed there was another, smaller sofa to sit on as well. There was a flat screen TV which had English channels including ITV, Gold, sky sports 1, Sky news etc. The kitchen and bathroom were of a good size and the shower was nicely powerful and easy to control the temperature.

There is a daily cleaning service and they cleaned to a very high standard - even tidying up all my books and junk on the table!!!!!!!!! Very friendly staff - we were given some flowers as we arrived at the reception for our room and when we got into our room, we had a bowl of fruit and some wine and water waiting for us! There was also a good amount of security staff within the complex.

The complex has a massive great pool with lots of sunloungers and umbrellas which are free for people staying there. Although we easily found free sunloungers, I imagine it gets very busy in the summer months. The pools are very nice and very clean but very cold (as most swimming pools are!!) They had a jaccuzi which I didnt go in as it was often full, but it did look very nice! Since we last visted they had made some changes - an area for kids which was like a mini water-park (I was very jealous that I couldnt have a go haha!) and a small gym (which I didnt use!!!).

Overall, I highly recommend Parque Santiago 3 - when we next go back to Tenerife, it will be one of the first places I will look to stay in again!! Wish I was back there now!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Mclovin86
Southport, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2011

We have just returned from a fun week at Parque Santiago III. The facilities for children were excellant. My children adored the playground and the waterslides.
Our appartment was lovely, great location. The ammenities were great, my younger children were able to watch their favourite dvd's before bed!
Parque Santiago III is in a perfect location, Los Christianos and it glorious beaches were only 10 minutes walk away.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
NORTHERN IRELAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

Location....... Excellent, right in the centre of everything, across from the hotel you have wonderful restaurants at the Safari centre, a reasonably priced supermarket, Lots of shops, crazy golf, and entertainment bars within 5 mins walk, if you go out the back of the hotel your on the main promenade between Las Americas and Los Cristianos with your choice of beaches and more restaurants!!

Rooms....... We were lucky enough to get upgraded to a 4 bed villa on the seafront, so i can only tell you about those rooms, they were very spacious, spotlessly clean, the maid was in everyday and cleaned everywhere and left fresh towels. The kitchen and utensils again very clean we ended up making our lunch in the villa everyday.....normally i would be very fussy about doing this!!

Staff......All very pleasant and always willing to help!!

Pool......The pools at the hotel are all salt water, large and very clean, tho in January a bit chilly :-) The children's area was excellent, lots of slides etc to keep them entertained

Food..... We ate in a couple of the restaurants at the hotel, all very good we didn't have one bad experience between 5 of us, very reasonable prices too!!

Overall I had a fantastic stay and will definitely be returning, I have been to Las Americas numerous times and the Parque Santiago 3 is without a doubt the best, The only down side was having to come home.

I am a Travel Agent and will be highly recommending to all my customers!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Ashford, Middx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

Parque Santiago I is mainly a residential complex but a lot of owners do holiday lets. We stayed at No 133 with my elderly mother. Unfortunately this is a very chilly apartment and in January there was no sun in the garden either. It is fine if you just want somewhere to sleep, but we had intended spending a lot of time in and around the apartment due to my mothers age, but we had to go out a lot because of the apartment. The ones opposite us were lovely they were light and airy with bright sunny balconies. This is a nice complex but obviously some apartments are not very good for the winter months. We would return but would ensure we didn't have a north facing apartment. Parking could often be difficult as well.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family