“Sickness, sickness, everywhere”
Review of Eden Catamaran

Eden Catamaran
More attraction details
Owner description: Come with us to watch whales and dolphins and enjoy a lifetime experience. We are eager to share with you the amazing secrets hidden under Canarian waters, which have the largest concentration of cetaceans in Europe, and one of the largest in the world.Our crew is friendly and speaks fluent English. The standard tour takes 2 hours, and there is a 3 hours tour where we stop in a bay for swimming and snorkelling.
Huddersfield, UK
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Sickness, sickness, everywhere”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My teenage daughter and I had gone to look for Whale Adventure. On reaching the harbour we were mobbed by people selling trips, the first one we actually spoke to said Whale Adventure wasn't running anymore but he could get us on another boat that was just about to leave. It had been windy previous days but wasn't windy on land on the day we travelled. The lady at the gate said they were fully booked but might get us on as a cancellation might arise and (unluckily for us) this seemed to happen. We didn't have to travel that day as we had nearly another week of holiday left. We did feel a bit pressurised to go there and then.
Once we had paid up and the boat had cast off, it was announced that as it was rough out to sea the chances of us seeing anything was slim. I know people have to make a living, but I do think , bearing in mind there were old people and children on the boat, that they should have been told before embarking and given the choice of another day. Probably 20% to 25% of the people on the boat were physically sick. A lot of the others, my daughter included, felt sick , and people vomiting all around her did not help. We did not see any whales or dolphins. One of the crew said he saw a dolphin. The trip was less than two hours and we were not offered a refund or a free trip - not that my daughter (who sails) would have taken them up on the offer in case everyone threw up again.
I asked, after returning to shore, how it worked with the trips that offer a refund if whales/ dolphins aren't seen. Apparently only one person on the boat has to see a whale or a dolphin . Which presumably includes a crew member.

Visited April 2013

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Lovely experience”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Excellent excursion. We saw (pilot) whales and (bottle nose) dolphins ! Crew are friendly and provide lots of information. Not expensive and excellent value for money. Highly recommend!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank M4B
Gloucester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“bad weather,”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

we went on the cat, but the sea was so rough. people whwere seasick, and we saw a couple of fins. was impossible to swim so the trip was cut short.was a waste of money and time. we should have been given the opportunity to have another day.o.k. staff whas frindly but that is theyr job.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank els1941
Stafford, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Brilliant value for money”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We went on a catamaran trip on 28 January, for my birthday. We booked it the day before, and asked about the chances of seeing dolphins and whales, we were told 99% whales but not much chance of dolphins. The trip cost 25 euros each.
When we went on the trip we were impressed by the organisation. The crew were great and good fun, and they spoke many languages. The lunch was only a sandwich but the drinks were plentiful and you could have as much as you wanted.
The pilot whales were amazing, and put a show on for us. I suspect they were showing off! Then a great big one put in an appearance - WOW!!
I told the crew it was my birthday and on our return to the Harbour they announced it and everyone sang 'Happy Birthday' and then they presented me with a bottle of chilled champagne. Needless to say I wont forget this birthday in a hurry.
Fabulous trip and I recommend anyone visiting Tenerife should do this if they do nothing else.
All in all a most excellent and memorable 3 hours. Money well spent.

Visited January 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Don't over feed the wild life err passengers!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Booked the trip direct at the office following consideration via Trip Advisor.
Excellent boarding process using boarding cards - better than airports!
The trip was very good, altough I have to say the advert regarding food and drink is a little misleading - We got a ham and cheese sandwich wrapped in cling fim, and were offered 1 drink and this was not with the sandwich! While waiting to board, we'd arrived early a passenger asked where she could get some food and was told that she would be fed on the boat! I guess the only upside is no one was sick!
The whales experience was excellent, we saw loads of Pilot Whales and up close, got some fantastic photographs and film footage, unfortunately no Dolphins..... We spent a good amount of time Whale watching, and then went to an offshore mooring buoy for a swim - lovelly clear Bue warm waters, lots of sun very nice.
The Captain and crew were good guys, and we weren't overcrowded, the boat takes 50 passengers, there were 40 on our trip and it ws not shoulder to shoulder, everyone got to see the whales wherever you sat, well done Captain moving the Catmaran around to ensure no one was disssapointed.
We were out 2 hours and 50 minutes, and did not feel cheated by the 10 minute under 3 hours.
Overall an enjoyable excursion, well worth the money even if the food and drink was a little short in supply!
I would certainly recommend Eden, and we will be using them again, maybe another one of their excursions next time.

Visited September 2012