“Great value for money and location.”

Paraiso del Sol Apartments
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We booked the Paraiso del Sol last minute, and as we were travelling with our young son (16 months old) we were a little concerned. We booked an appartment and the hotel supplied a travel cot which could be wheeled between the bedroom and lounge as required. We really enjoyed our stay, the staff were very friendly, it was nice and close to numerous supermarkets and we'd really reccomend the pizza place beside the hotel.
You are in a two star hotel, but it is clean, close to the beaches and great value for money. I could imagine it could get pretty busy in peak season. But we had no issues with noise at night.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Shiminy
There are newer reviews for Paraiso del Sol Apartments

Reviewed September 19, 2010

stayed at the paraiso del sol with a group of lads, typical lads holiday...drinking fun n games etc, had no problems with this place, perfect location, cheap, fairly clean, to be honest we used it as a base, for somewhere to sleep, in the days we were out mostly, good shops on site and next door, also pizza place next door, real nice n cheap, id recomend it to any group of lads.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Five of us stayed in Paraiso Del Sol for a week in March 2010. I have to admit i was dreading it, having read some of the reviews. It is a two star rated complex and does not try to pretend its anything else. We stayed in appartment 502 (above the reception) and it was great. Yes it was dated! The toaster did'nt work, only one gas burner on the cooker worked and the furniture was pretty old fashioned. However, it was really clean! The only cockroach i saw was on the stairs outside, and lets face it, Tennerife has a lot of cockroaches!
We had a two bedroom appartment, spacious living area, big bathroom and huge balcony. The pool was really nice and the bar was friendly. The cleaning staff were great, they came every day and changed towels and linen regularly. Its quite noisy at night when everyone is leaving the pubs, but your on holiday so you dont really mind. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2010

I booked this apartment with my partner quite last minute. We had a late check in, which was quick and efficient. Our apartment was on a different location than the reception (other side of the road, 10sec walk), we were given a map, so we found the 1st floor accommodation easily. It was a nice surprise, as for the little money paid, the apartment was very clean and spacious. The towels, bedsheets, kitchen utensils.. all very clean and nicely organized. We also had a balcony overlooking the pool.
On the first night we had a slight issue, as we got locked into the bedroom. We called reception and the security guy came shortly. It was a bit of a challenge explaining him what happened, because he spoke just a little English. But he helped us out ( having no better idea) by throwing a knife on the balcony, so we could open the lock.
During our stay, the bins were emptied, bed made, towels changed every 2nd day.
Luckily there were quite a few families with small children and couples staying, so we had peaceful nights. In the morning the families were already at the pool by 10am, kids screaming, but as we are both good sleepers, we had no problem with that even with opened balcony doors.
However 2 noisy group arrived on the last night of our stay. One of the groups right next to our apartment, banging doors, and I don't know what else, but they were quite annoying. But again, as it was our last night, did not really care. The other group was just above a nice couple with a small kid, they got very upset about the noise the group made. The guy went to reception, and security came back with him few minutes later, went into the noisy apartment and had a conversation with the noisy ladies (4 girls...) and after that they kept quiet.
The area was surrounded by fence, and we had to use a plastic card to get in (however lazy people often left it opened...as it wouldn't have been for their own good and security..)
All in all, we were very satisfied with the quality of the accommodation, the accessibility of the staff.
I would only point out 2 things:
1.) We paid for a ground floor apartment with private garden (it was slightly more expensive a normal ap.), and we got a 1st floor apartment with obviously no garden. I think it was because we checked in late and all the garden ones were taken. However we had the best view from our balcony, maybe this is how they wanted to compensate us.
2.) When we booked, the accommodation was advertised with full air con, which was not there at all... We saw no air con units at all on the wall of the other apartments in our complex either. The temperature was bearable, so we did not complain, and also other apartment complexes had no air con unit on the walls either, it is just the false advertisement that bothered me a bit.

About the location: very good, 5mins walk from the beach/restaurants/shops, 10mins walk from Veronicas.

I would recommend this accommodation, we had very good experience. It is up to you if you want children around, or there might be noisy groups from time to time, but I guess it is the same everywhere, and like I mentioned the staff was very approachable, so everyone was happy at the end, all issues got solved quickly and efficiently.
Check out the attached pictures for more ideas. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I have never been too fussy about hotels/apartments but these apartments were bad!
I would like to mention I am not going to exaggerate my bad experience, this is simply how it was:-

We were meant to be staying at The Paradero 1 apartments but as our apartment wasn't ready so they put us in one available at Tropical Playa. I had read the reviews here before we left, where people were talking about it being much better than Paradero. So I thought it was great at first. When we arrived we had a lovely studio apartment with a small garden (you usually pay more for them). There was one problem, there was no key to the patio door. There was a lady who said yes we will fix it. It was not fixed that day so we came back the next day when there was a man working and they changed the locks the same day.

WARNING if you do choose to take the apatment with garden you are bound to have cockroaches and ANTS!!
We had one cockroach one night (remember though if you see one cockroach there is a 99% chance there is another one very close by). We had ants the whole 3 weeks we stayed, even though we killed them ourselves everytime, they live in the cracks in the wall and there are A LOT of them. Like I said I'm usually not fussy but the ants were honesly everywhere!

We woke up one morning to a man talking very loud on a phone.We had heard him all morning but always managing to nod off again. Untill finally we both got really annoyed and went to the window to check what the hell was going on. Standing there was the gardener literally screaming on the phone walking back and forth arguing. Let me just mention it was 9 oclock in the morning. Ok we ignored this although being annoyed and got on with our day. Very next day the exact same thing happens. We went to the reception, the man was very embarressed and called him (well I think). 2 days later it happened the 3rd time and I was getting very annoyed. After that, he did stop talking in the garden but he had moved to the back of the building, where we could still hear him but not nearly as loud.

We always put the "please clean" sign on the door when we went out for breakfast. Then we would come later in the day (4ish) and the room was never cleaned. I think they only cleaned 4 times in the 3 weeks that we stayed there. We always stayed out of the room for the period the cleaning ladies were working and asked the receprtion if they could please clean the room. They always said no problem but we pretty much always came to the room as we left it. I became really angry and eventually went to the reception and said If they can't clean the room at least give me some toilet paper and towels. The woman in the reception must have been new cos I seemed to be talking to a wall everytime I spoke to her. When we only had about 4 days left we once again asked for the room to be cleaned, the man in the reception answered and finally after all this time tells me they don't clean on tuesdays and wednesdays. It would have helped a little to let me know just a bit earlier...then again like I said our room was only cleaned 4-5 times anyway the WHOLE 3 weeks.

The fridge was sooooo noisy.

If you have a hangover/lazy day, you have to pay 3 euros to watch TV, they have a very limited amount of channels and none of them are any good..apart from yes Sky One :-) (they don't even have sky news).

The walls are as if they are made of paper. You hear when people are simply walking past in their flip flops.

The beds have given me a permanent bad back unfortunately.

The few good things I can say about this place is that the little patio we got with small garden was lovely. We loved sitting outside and relaxing with a drink and sometimes food every now and then.
There are plenty of cooking facilities and they had a comfy cover in the bed.

I think you get what you pay for, although I would have wanted to pay less with the lack of service and cleaning.

Sadly I would not stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stefani b
Reviewed June 30, 2010

me and my friends went to this hotel on a last minute deal and had a brilliant stay. The room was a great suprise for the price as we got a large bedroom for two and 2 sofa beds in the lounge, plus a lovely balcony. the towels were changed at least every other day and beds made every day. the location was perfect for what we wanted, 5mins straight walk to the beach, 15mins walk to the water park, 15mins to the bars and resturants all around. reception was always happy to help. i would definite go again!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2010

A really nice hotel for a very affordable price. We had a studio with a small kitchen and enjoyed it everyday=) the room was cleaned up everyday, towels were changed almost everyday, the staff at the reception quite friendly, however, maids badly speak English:) Surely it's not a luxury hotel, but for a 2* it's really good! A nice balcony with a 'palm view', nice and clean pool (however, it's better to enjoy the ocean!), only 3 minutes to walk to the beach, 7 min - bus station. Tenerife is a fairytale, will definitely come back and stay at the same hotel. We took last minute offer and payed really a low price for 7 days in a warm climate and clean and quite hotel!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple