“Dated”

Paraiso del Sol Apartments
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I didn't know what to expect when booking into this place but I was extremely disappointed. Room's very dated. We had asked for an upper floor room overlooking the pool, got an bottom floor room looking out onto a back ally way. The room consisted of a bathroom and kitchen/bedroom the walls where blue with green tiles which made the room look extremely dull. At the end of the room was a single sliding door. Im my opinion if it had been a double door it would have made a lot of difference to the lighting of the room. We asked if we could change rooms but had to wait until the next day as they were fully booked. Had to make up an excuse to get a different room ( friend was allergic to cats and there was to very scanky ones roaming around). Second room had the walls painted a light yellow and the tiles painted white which was soooo much better. Not ideal for people with walking difficulties as there is alot ofststeps. On a plus side everywhere was spotlessly clean.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a studio room ask to see pic of the rooms as we didn't see any.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fiona M

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with 2 other girls and we went for 12 nights we were a bit worried as when we read the other reviews people got robbed so we specifically ask for top floor. When we arrived we got a bottom floor as far away from the pool as possible so I complained just because we wanted to feel safe the manager understood totally and the day after we moved above reception and we had no problem at all. The food after nearly 2 weeks was repetitive but always something to eat. It was a 10minute walk to the clubs so no need pay for taxis so pretty loud at night but nice and chilled in the day I would stay again if we were going on an average binge drink holiday.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is a pretty avaerage hotel. The pictures on the 'On The Beach' website I'm sure are of a different hotel. We saw nothing like this.
The staff were pleasent but not over enthusiastic. The rooms were basic and clean but not to any sort of standard.
I would visit Teneriefe again but i would pay the extra to stay somewhere else. It seems to be quite a dirty place in general.
The location is ideal as it is close to everything.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Gillian R
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Overall, everything was fine and what we imagined it would be. The location is less than a 5 minute walk to the beach and the strip which really were the most important factors for me and my friends. We were all inclusive and the food was nice, we especially loved that there was snacks available when it wasn't breakfast lunch or dinner. The pool was a nice size with shade if you need it! Although we had issues like mould in the bath which resulted in us having to move rooms with no air con (i'm not sure any rooms had it), a kitchen that made me glad i was all inclusive and a slight issue with ants the reception dealt with it straight away. Whats more a couple of nights we saw a rather odd man at around 4am and later sat by the pool and bar area alone and we had not seen him through the day or at food which was disturbing, however, upon telling reception the maintenance man we absolutely adored sat and waited for us to return home from a night out (so, very late!!) to make sure we got to our rooms safely. We stayed in a 1st floor apartment so we didn't get any roaches and only got 1. Although the complex isn't huge it plays English music by the bar and pool all day. The balcony we had was pretty big which we used at night for drinks and chats and drinking games etc. It had a table and chairs and space to hang wet towels etc to dry. I would stay here again because another plus is that it's on the end of the strip where it's quieter and you tend to start off before working your way up to the bigger clubs!!

Room Tip: Ask for 1st floor apartment near the pool where your door is directly behind the pool, good location...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rach0903
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Although just back a month from my last holiday in June my husband said to go away without him to join my friends and I booked this last minute to stay up the road from them who were staying in the Palm Beach Club just down the road where I spent most of my time. On arrival the reception staff were very friendly and my case was carried to my room. Very basic and clean but as I was on my own it was sufficient. I was on B & B board and the breakfast was very good, couldn't fault it. Overall I was satisfied, but only because I didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel. I certainly would not stay there with my husband, we are used to 4 and 5 star hotels, but hey ho, this was in the middle of Playa and in peak season and at least I had a bolt hole to Palm Beach Club. Very good budget hotel. One thing I was not happy about was having to pay for TV and WIFI, but having said that it was not very expensive. Also last comment, very noisy when sitting on balcony or terrace of a night but when doors closed no noise, well I slept like a baby, could have been down to the odd vino or two!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Marguerite232
Reviewed August 20, 2013

First time staying in these apartments as the place we usually stay was booked up, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. The staff very friendly, carried our bags to our rooms. We were self catering and the kitchen was full equipped and clean for our stay! We went in peak season (end of July) and still had the pool to ourselves pretty much! Next door to a supermarket which is reasonably priced and a 4 minute walk to the beach and one of the best places to go in Playa da las Americas - The Monkey Beach Club! I will definitely be returning next year!
Only thing that didn't work was the wifi, however they happily gave us a refund as soon as we told them it didn't work in our room and we just paid a couple of euros if we needed to use the internet in reception area.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room near the pool WITHOUT the pool bar as more chance will be less busy and you w...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lucy S
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Im 27 and my friend is 25 so the location of this hotel was awesome for us. Close to the beach, shopping and close to all the good bars and Clubs. We had a really Nice stay in Paraiso del sol. Both the one bedroom and the studios are Nice. Good size rooms, and great big balconys, Big bathrooms. Towels changed when needed.

The pool Area is also great, with room for everyone. A lot of sunbeds to.
The hotel had some entertaiment during the day like billard, Water aerobics and ping pong. At night there Was parrot shows and flamingo.

All the hotel staff spoke English and were Nice and helpfull.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends