“You get what you pay for self catering only”

Parque Cattleya Apartments
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I got back from this hotel this morning, reading the reviews I was worried, if your staying all inclusive I advice you not to even think about staying! It looked awful!! Probably the worst ever. But luckily I was self catering and It was possibly one of the best places to stay considering you have a choice of 4 different pools all in one complex, it was massive! Security guard walking around at all times. It came to about the 4th day and we had been to Siam park and came back around 6pm to find a watch we had bought the day before went missing, the doors were locked there was no way someone could of
Got in without a key, so all we could think of it was the cleaners even though they seemed friendly, we did report it and the receptionist was extremely helpful advising to fill out police report go and collect it from them and claim from the insurance but we spent 10€ on this so we just let it go, our room was out the way so that was good still a bit noise and the workman drilling around 8:30 in the morning for 3 days which annoyed me as it was right above us, a dunno if we were just lucky but we had not one cockroache in our room which was amazing! We even ended up leaving the balcony door open a bit at night and in the morning there was still none and we were basically on the ground floor. Apart from the watch going missing and the noise in the morning we loved every minute of it, I think the ont thing that made it perfect is the location it was brilliant I used to liv out here and I couldn't of wished for a better location. I would happily stay for a quick get away again but I wouldn't dream of it if I wanted a nice relaxing holiday

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank TONIEEEE

Reviewed September 12, 2013

When we pulled up we were taking the mick out of rhw people that got of the coach because of the state of the place they were staying in, and then we realised that we were staying there too! From the moment we checked in the staff were unhelp full, by not even telling us any info about where to eat, where the pools where/what pools to use. Didn't tell us what times dinner were. They didn't offer and fans (no rooms have air con) a safe or even help with our bags as the hotel were full of stairs! We were taken through the main hotel las piramides to the back where our apartment was! The room was somthing from the 60s. After arriving back that night our apartment was swimming with cockroaches! At reception they refused to do anything and said they wouldn't change us rooms because they were more money! The appartment block was where the staff stayed and they told us it was normal and said to ask to move to the main hotel because its cleaner and safer! While in reception asking to move someone was there complaining there room had been broken into! Its not.a secure hotel and people were walking in and out! We had a few things go missing, nothing o high vale just clothes and out make up bags and been got through! There was no need for anyone to have even been I'm our room it was still our first day! The pool area stunk of sewage and was bust covers in rubish! There was never enough chairs so people had to sit on the floors to use the all inclusive menu! What ever was for lunch was then used for dinner! There was a rim of scum around the pools water line! The staff always asked for tips and if you didn't they were rude! It was full of rowdy drunk people all the timw to the point we never really stayed by the pool much! Its very noisy at night and this didn't stop till 3am! Most sunbeda were brittle from the sun and we saw loads of peoples snap as they sat on them! Do not take children here!!!! One our first daywe were warned by loads of people about muggings in the area. I'd of rather stayed at center parks in the UK! This hotel ruined our holiday experience! For the people on here saying it OK I would love to see what your houses our like!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013

wow! this place is really dreadful! i wouldn't tell anyone about it! i was ashamed to tell people i actually stopped there! for a start the apartments were in a complete different place to the hotel, me and my partner couldn't walk across the floor with no shoes on our feet were black if we did, the bath had a dirty big stain, had to pay for the t.v, ants were everywhere, food was dreadful! paid for all inclusive had to eat out almost every night. no entertainment, awful. would come back to Tenerife but not here!! was not for couples!! the hotel was for familes and apartments were for single men and women! hated it, if anything this place ruined our holiday!! DO NOT GO!!

Room Tip: too noisy dreadful rooms not clean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

These apartments are all part of the Pyramides resort, which COULD be lovely! However, they are trying to cater for too many types of people - we travelled as a couple, there were young families there and lots of groups of young people, which made it unacceptably noisy! We are quite laid-back but I had to complain 3 times in a week about the noise, and we heard lots of other people complaining whenever we walked through Reception. Not everyone was all-inclusive which meant that you had to queue at the bar, even for soft drinks, and the all-inclusive finished at 11pm sharp. There's no air-con but you can hire fans or air-con units.

The staff were friendly though and the food was good - a decent selection every day and good quality!

Room Tip: Would suggest booking at the Pyramides not Parque Cattleya as this is where they seemed to put the g...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helen F
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews on this site before my holiday I was dreading my stay here! I personally loved these apartments - clean, safe, friendly & not one cockroach in site!!!! Would recommend for a party holiday !! Would stay again !

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank xbsx
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was the most disgusting place i have ever stayed in my life, Third time in Tenerife, I went with four friends and when we arrived we found out we were on the fourth floor with no lift so we all had to carry our suitcases up four flights of stairs, then inside the room there was a dead cockroach, the bathroom door would not close so we had to use a chair to keep it closed and there was also no toilet roll and the only toilet roll we had was stuck to the bathroom door, the beds were uncomfortable, the sheets were dirty a swell as the towels and the area was just awful and full of prostitutes! I have never been so happy to be back home in my life!

Room Tip: Never ever come here!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Liv G
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Just got home from my week in Tenerife. Before I went I had read all of these reviews and I was so nervous about what we were all staying in. However; we didn't have a single problem! Out of the whole week we saw 4 cockroaches, all of which were outside on the path at night - NONE IN OUR BEDROOMS! 10 of us all together, had 2 rooms of 5. Clean towels provided regularly, beds changed and even our washing up was done! We were close to everything which was great (as a group of 18 year old girls this was vital). The staff were wonderful & so helpful. The hotel manager came to check how we all were and just all staff were fantastic. The pools were awesome with enough sun beds to accommodate for the 10 of us plus plenty of other guests! I really cannot understand how other people had such an awful time. Nothing was stolen from us, security guard patrolled the hotel every night & after 12 at night, anyone wishing to be loud was to go to the bars as it was unfair on the other guests :)
Overall, this was a fantastic holiday & I would highly recommend this hotel. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013