“Brilliant”

Parque Cattleya Apartments
“Brilliant”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Just got home from my week in Tenerife. Before I went I had read all of these reviews and I was so nervous about what we were all staying in. However; we didn't have a single problem! Out of the whole week we saw 4 cockroaches, all of which were outside on the path at night - NONE IN OUR BEDROOMS! 10 of us all together, had 2 rooms of 5. Clean towels provided regularly, beds changed and even our washing up was done! We were close to everything which was great (as a group of 18 year old girls this was vital). The staff were wonderful & so helpful. The hotel manager came to check how we all were and just all staff were fantastic. The pools were awesome with enough sun beds to accommodate for the 10 of us plus plenty of other guests! I really cannot understand how other people had such an awful time. Nothing was stolen from us, security guard patrolled the hotel every night & after 12 at night, anyone wishing to be loud was to go to the bars as it was unfair on the other guests :)
Overall, this was a fantastic holiday & I would highly recommend this hotel. I would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Holly P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

when reading all the reviews I was actually dreading arriving at these apartments! I just arrived home today and they where actually really really good!! pretty basic but everything you need if you are there for a party holiday with a group of mates. the rooms where cleaned every second day and the maids where always so friendly if you where a little rough and couldn't move, don't believe the reviews everyone loves to complain that's why I'm writing a good review! would defiantly go back again!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank douglasje
Warwick, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Before visiting this hotel i was worried about cockroaches or stealing after reading some reviews, but it was one of the best places i've stayed in. We went in a group of 10 girls, and it was perfect for what we wanted. The staff were polite and helpful and our room was cleaned frequently, with fresh towels being given to us on a regular basis.

As of cockroaches, throughout the whole week i only saw 1, and that wasn't even in the hotel, so don't panic about them! The balconies are completely safe and all issues get sorted out quickly, so we were very pleased with that.

Overall i would say that it is a perfect hotel for groups and younger people, being merely 5 minutes away from both the beach and the main strip. However, i would advise anyone going to STAY AWAY FROM PR'S ON MOPEDS who offer groups 'deals' for nights out. They will completely rip you off and have no shame taking your money and lying about how good their nights out are. Honestly, it's not worth it.

The veronicas strip is full of PR's offering drinks deals, most of which are 2 drinks, 2 shots and a shared cocktail for 5 euro's each, making it very cheap to go out.
As well as this, holiday reps will visit you for a 'welcome talk' as soon as you arrive, trying to sell a week long package, again this isn't worth it and you will be completely ripped off.

Finally, all staff are extremely helpful and will go out of their way to make your stay as good as possible. However, for families this might not be as well suited due to the 'escapade' focus meaning the hotel is largely filled with young groups.

Room Tip: The only problem we found with the rooms was that people sleeping in the living room area and not th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Claire F
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Myself and my friend stayed in these aprtments about 2 years ago and to this day it still haunts me just how many cockroaches there were in these apartments/complex. Having stayed in Gran canaria and not seeing hardly any since I thought i would write a review.

On arrival everything looked ok , basic but clean and the complex was perfect for what we wanted as it was 18-30 so most people on the complex were our age. You get a free bottle of red wine in room on arrival but its un drinkable. On our second evening I entered the bathroom to see a cockroach on the floor by the bath, i woke my friend up as i have a severe phobia of cockroaches and knew i couldnt go back to sleep with that being in the room. I got back into bed and i felt something run up my arm, i turned the light on to find a further 6 cockroaches in our room, i was discusted and knew i could not sleep a wink after this, i screamed the apartments down.
I went to reception and told them of the problem, that our room was infested with cockroaches, must be a common complaint because all the receptionist did was shrug his shoulders and offer me a biscuit. That night i spent in reception as i could not face going back to the room. speaking to other guests they had the same problem.
The following day we got moved to an apartment opposite the one we was currently in and for the first few days i didn't spot any cockroaches in the room, just on the complex and out on the streets of las americas at night they were everywhere....you had to watch where you were walking yuk. On our last night a massive and i mean massive cockroach ran through our bedroom just as i was getting ready for bed, by this point i had had enough and spent another night in reception. i was relived to come home, the cockroaches totally ruined my holiday. So if you are like me and have a phobia do not stay in these apartments.....and also think twice about going to tenerife.

Room Tip: try to request a higher floor.....we were in basement level
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Playa de las Americas hotels

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just came back after staying there 2 weeks we were put at the back on the bottom floor,they squeezed 4 beds in a room no cot available for my 18month old,n felt the cleaners didnt do there job at all just gave us a mountain of clean towels to compensate,my standard of cleanliness is high but they didnt bother cleaning bathroom,would of rather they supplied the cleaning equipment so i could do it myself but no option for that unless u took it off the trolley while they wasnt looking,saw a few coacroaches but cant moan about that its a problem all over the canary islands so gotta give them some credit cus i mentioned it and they did try spraying to get rid.they need to consider putting a group of lads next to a family room, we didnt get any sleep last 2 nights cus the lads above us coming back drunk n banging and shouting angrily sounded like they were breaking things and felt very unsafe.also why people think its ok to leave the towels on a sunbed n go out all day n still think they have priority is beyond me,no space for kids at the kids pool cus all adults had put the towels on sunbeds n went out for the day,its very selfish so if u stay here n get a sunbed n want to go out or go for lunch dont forget to take your towels with you so other people can use them.

• Stayed February 2013
ireland
Reviewed February 12, 2013

just after returning from a week spent in the parque apts i find it hard to believe some of the reveiws our studio was cleaned everyday staff very friendly and helpful not a sign of a cockroach or any ladies of thenight the hotel was quite full little or no noise i can imagine what it would be like in the summer when there would be a lot of young people there the only negetative i have is we had requested a room on the2 floor we offered a room on thebottom floor which was way at the back of the hotel after a little chat with the manager our request was granted iwould have no reservations about going back

Room Tip: request a room on 2 floa
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Harry o
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Returned last week after a 4 night stay at these apartments. After reading the reveiws I was dreading our stay! We checked in at the piramedes which was a coincidence as my boyfriend had stayed there last september. We were taken to our room by security, once inside I checked the place top to bottom! It was dated but the place was clean and tidy and we would only be using the room to sleep in! The bathroom was clean and the shower was quite powerful! Our beds were made everyday and we had fresh towels. No cockroaches insite! Only concern we had was how loose the patio door was and it looked quited damaged so we didnt leave and valuables in the room. We had a choice of three pools, four including the childrens pool, the one in the picture was right out side our room and no one was around in the day so we could have it to ourselves and the sun was on it all day!, but the water was a bit cold for me. We were bed and breakfast so went to the piramedes for this, there wasnt much choice and the first member of staff we saw was rude and told us that they didnt do just bed and breakfast, but this got sorted at reception. All other staff were quite plesant and helpful when needed. As other people have said you get what you pay for so i knew it wasnt going to be 5*. My boyfriends sister also stayed at this place for 6 weeks when she first moved to Tenerife and had no problems. Overall our stay was lovely!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chloe H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de las Americas
Bungalows Barranco
#12 of 14 in Los Cristianos
Hotel Zentral Center
Hotel Zentral Center
#31 of 59 in Playa de las Americas

Been to Parque Cattleya Apartments? Share your experiences!