This is the first time we have stayed at this apartment complex. The reception area is modern with good quality decor and comfortable seating. The outside terrace and pool area is lovely with plenty of sunbeds and Balinese loungers. There is also a small friendly pool bar with reasonably priced snacks, but not so good a selection of wine. The chairs are uncomfortable and could do with being replaced. The apartment is basic, but adequate. Good points are: the flat screen t.v. with BBC, ITV terrestial channels, bathroom is brightly lit, good storage in a large cabinet above the toilet and always hot water (only 2 of us in the apartment, so not sure if it is sufficient for 4 if getting showered one ofter the other). The apartment lacks any little extras i.e. cushions on the sofa, small tables by the sofa bed or table lights. The kitchen is adequate with just enough, cutlery, crockery, pots and pans for 4 people. We did not use the oven or microwave so cannot comment. The kettle, toaster was OK but not top of the range. Apparently our apartment has been refurbished, but definitely not gutted and some of the pictures that are available on various websites are of the more luxurious Flamingo Suites that are situated over the road and bear no resemblance to the timeshare apartments above Harleys. Plenty of sunbeds were available no matter what time of the day it was. Pool towels can be hired for 20 Euros deposit (repaid when towels taken back). You also have to pay a deposit of 10 Euros each for the safe and also the remote for the t.v - also reimbursed when taken back. Cleaning was good and towels were changed regularly, but not every day. Bed linen changed once a week. Rubbish also taken away regularly. Bedroom adequate was a good size with small glass dressing tabler, but no chair. Large outside balcony overlooking the pool with uncomfortable chairs and table (same as pool bar) and small balcony overlooking the main street. No washing machine or air condioning. There is a lovely bar /restaurant inside the main reception area that was never packed which is a shame as the barman was very friendly and informative. There is a separate children's pool with adequate sun beds for parents as well as a small jacuzzi. The complex does not have any parking facilities and when asked about this, we were told to park in the street. This we did about 10 minutues walk away and if you are not familiar with the area, can prove difficult. You can pull up outside, with difficulty to offload your cases. I would suggest the refurbishment was a general updating rather than a full refurb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Flamingo Club Tenerife is located in one of the most sought-after areas of South Tenerife for holiday makers, Costa Adeje, and benefits from the most stunning sea and mountain views.Overlooking Playa La Pinta (La Pinta Beach) and with magnificent views of the adjacent Marina, Puerto Colon, Flamingo Club is a perfect base for your vacation whether you are looking for a family beach break, activity holiday or simply want to relax and get away from it all.The hotel complex has 18 studio apartments, 64 one bedroom units, 22 two bedroom units and 3 deluxe two bedroom suites. All apartments have a private balcony or terrace, and many of them benefit from a view of the ocean so that you can relax and watch the glorious sunsets over La Gomera.Flamingo Club apartments are fully equipped for self-catering and feature an oven, hob, fridge freezer, and microwave, plus all the utensils, cutlery and tableware you would need to cook a meal inside the apartment. The nearest convenience store is within a 5 minute walk, and there is also a large supermarket (Mercadona) which stocks both Spanish and English goods. For holidaymakers who prefer to eat out, Flamingo Club is proud to present their newly refurbished à la carte licensed restaurant, the Cinamo Bar which offers a mouth-watering selection of Spanish and European fare and wide range of wines and spirits. There is also a pool bar which serves snacks and refreshments throughout the day, and offers the ever-popular ‘happy-hour’ in the afternoon when drinks are buy one, get one free.The immediate vicinity is home to numerous bars, cafes and restaurants featuring a huge range of gastronomic delights from all corners of the earth. The obligatory Chinese buffet and Full English breakfast are of course widely available, but a thorough search of the wider area and you will uncover rarer treats such as Morroccan, Japanese and even Mongolian. A veritable gourmand’s delight!For those of you who like to get active, there are numerous options within a short walk to the marina. Fishing trips, snorkelling, paragliding, jet-skiing and many more pursuits are available for very reasonable prices. Our Flamingo Club reception staff will also be happy to assist you with arranging activities and excursions such as horse riding, jeep safari, hiking trips, bike hire and much more.The infamous water park, Siam Park is a short bus or taxi ride from Flamingo Club and is one of the most popular day trips for holiday makers in Costa Adeje. Tenerife’s newest water kingdom opened its doors in 2008 and features spectacular attractions such as ‘The Tower of Power’, a 28 feet freefall slide and ‘The Wave Palace’, an artificial wave pool with waves reaching 3 metres high! You can even relax on the white sands of the artificial beach and watch the action unfold around you. Siam Park is an excursion not to be missed! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Flamingo Beach Mate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Club Hotel Playa De Las Americas
- Flamingo Beach Mate Tenerife/Playa De Las Americas