“Yumbo”
Review of Yumbo Centrum

Yumbo Centrum
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Lots of shops, restaurants and bars to visit both during the day and at night. Be aware that you need to be a bit broadminded, especially at night

1  Thank Paul P
Write a ReviewReviews (5,007)
All reviews
in 32 reviews
"great night"
in 47 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

There are plenty of shops but they all sell the same stuff, bags, hats, shoes etc. You do get mithered a bit but remember to haggle as they try to get as much as they can for things. san Augustin is cheaper.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This place is geared up for nightlife (predominantly gay). Pretty bleak and boring in the day, with lots of shops selling cheap tat and a few nice clothes shops.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Yumbo is good fun on a night out, we spent many nights at Society, Sparkles, CocoLoco, Mykonos and Mantrix.

There's lots of tat shops and a cheap mediocre restaurants during the day and early evening. Later at night though it's good fun.

It's an ugly building, with lots of loud music so if you are after a stylish evening out, this isn't the place to go. If you want a few drinks and a dance with friends you'll probably have fun. I can see why people wouldn't like it and why some people have said it's a place in decline, but we had fun every night and made some good friends in coco loco.

As with anywhere in a resort like this, be careful with valuables and don't go flashing money, phone or wallet about. I had a trouble free time though.

2  Thank thomasc452
See more reviews
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was looking forward to going here all week, once I arrived on the 13th July 2013, i walked around the centre just to look at what shops were there before i started to buy, I did this so I knew where I was getting a better deal. Any ways I walked towards the back of the yumbo centrum ( I dont know exact location but it was close to burger king across the road to the left and up a ramp on the 1st floor) and i was with my friends and we walked past everyone and always said hola, after we walked past this one shop a man comes up and taps me on his shoulder and says come with me, i politely said no thankyou, because i generally thought he was trying to sell me something you get this alot over there people pestering you to buy things, he then said i have cctv footage of you stealing from my shop, i said no i havent stole from your shop so i went to go with him but something told me to stop, like an instinct i turned to my friends and they said no dont go so i said sorry i am not coming in. Then this man started to get angry saying to my other friends you stole aswell, obviously now this man was deluded or something, thn he gripped our arms we luckily pulled away from him and ran into the neighbour shop across from his the man in this shop stopped the other man from attacking us and i said to the man i will not be coming in your shop and he said i will phone the police and you will go away from a long time i said f[i will phone the police and wait here myself. once he calmed down he told the nice man that I stole the bag I was wearing ( I bought it in the UK from matalan bear in mind) I denied it because I did not steal and then he said no its not the bag its my keys I didnt even hold any keys then he started to say again it was my bag so now his game was up, i gave my friend my phone, wallet and purse so he couldn't steal them and I said now check my bag as soon as I pulled out the first thing his face dropped and he said this girl did not steal from my shop and apologised, I was completely in shock of what had happened, cut the story short, he tried to get me into his shop so he could steal whatever was in my bag i thank everyone who stopped me that day because who would have known what would of happened. I feel sorry for the other shop keepers because many people who watched moved to the front shops away from the crazy man, now he has given the other shops a bad reputation. I would tell you were he came from but I have no idea he came out of nowhere. be careful at yumbo centre and do not go into any ones shop if they say you stole just run and phone the police if you are innocent. They are more friendly at the front of the centre and we made friends with a lovely shopkeeper at the front in one of the bag stalls, he liked my hair and referred to me as ginger :) I even bargained with him for a bag :) he must like gingers haha

Just be careful at the yumbo centrum

10  Thank AmandaJHoare93