“Excellent family break!”

Ranked #14 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Llanelli, S Wales
“Excellent family break!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Just back from a 7 night break and wish it was longer!

First impression after arriving early evening was a bit reserved! The playground near the main bar/outdoor stage area was decrepit to say the leAst, however in the true light of day everything was so much better!

We stayed in a family suite which was overlooking the main pool. We travelled with our two young sons and it was a bit loud in the night if they went to bed early (ish) but it was all quiet by 11pm and my boys were so wrecked by their fun days that it didn't matter, we were close to the bar to go back and forth. Bungalows look like they are all being renovated a few at a time! Ours wasn't yet but it was great. Two bedrooms, air con, comfortable, clean with your own terrace and sun loungers what more could you want? No disturbance from the renovations didn't know they were there other than seeing them now and again!

Pool facilities are tremendous! Kids of all ages are in their element!

All inclusive was fantastic the food being gorgeous! We are well travelled and anyone who complains should be cooking their own because it was excellent!

Location is well back from the beach we used the hotel courtesy bus, YUMBO centre is walking distance for shops restaurants etc.

All in all I would say it was one of the best holidays we have had! It's not the grandest hotel we have ever stayed at but definately one of the best quality. Can't wait to return! Already looking! don't hesitate!!!

Room Tip: Upgrade for aircon
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank RachCleo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We narrowed our choice of first holiday abroad with our children, aged 8 & 6, down to Parque Cristobal after sifting through many others. It was worth the effort and was exactly as the brochure, and other excellent reviews here, suggested. The superior bungalow with aircon was perfect, both in quality and location (almost immediately next to the smaller of the two excellent pools.) The children thoroughly enjoyed it; by overlapping the european based animation team and Thomas Cook's kids club, there was always something for them to enjoy. To be honest the animation team were a bit more proactive with adults andALL children; they regularly spoke to us and I would say my daughter in particular felt closest to them. Excellent choice of food and drink on all inclusive, nothing too much for the staff whatsoever. Local beer on tap for AI was good and cocktails are strong, so take your time! Free to pour your own drinks, very relaxed atmosphere, difficult to fault. Return flight wasn't as good as outgoing; plane was very tired inside and in flight entertainment wasn't the best. If that's the worst thing I can think of, then it must tell you how much we enjoyed the package. Muy, muy bien!

4 Thank JPWOODING
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Thought I would write a quick review whilst we are still here and memory fresh.
Just coming to the end of a 10night stay. We came as a family of 3 adults plus 2 children aged 4 and 2.
I have to start by saying the hotel is remarkably clean and well kept. It is not English exclusive if that is what you are looking for and therefor the entertainment areas are shared between the Thomas Cook reps and the hotel entertainment team who try to cater for all nationalities. We did not go see the entertainment in the indoor theatre as we found it too warm down there. My eldest used the Thomas Cook kids club, but because the hotel not English exclusive, it was always very quiet so not much socialising for her.
I can't fault the food, but if I returned I would stay half board as felt ended up eating at lunch for the sake of it and because the rooms have excellent kitchen facilities and supermarkets accessible and drinks cheap then don't feel you need to use the all inclusive facilities here.
It's great the the rooms are all bungalows.
Very child orientated and safe, plus they cater for the young kids, cots, high chairs etc.
There are plenty of sunbeds/shade around the pools and again cater for the younger end. Although didn't come with older kids, i don't feel this hotel really caters for teenagers.
I would rate this as a 3 star hotel, but with a little work with the restaurant (as this is also too warm to sit in), theatre, and the smaller pool bar this could be increased to a 4star hotel.
Like I say. I haven't been out off returning, just wouldn't pay for the all inc options.
For those interested the drinks on offer for all inc:
Tropical is the beer
Diet coke, full fat coke, fanta lemon and orange, sprite.
Wine included but wasn't to my taste. No sparkling wine. Limited cocktails that were pre made so tasted different everytime. And some local liqueurs and spirits. I must say their idea of a measure is like a double/treble of the UK measure.
Various coffee/tea and juice at breakfast.

5 Thank Vicky R
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I dont know were to start!! what a beautiful hotel! We really couldnt fault it!

Bungalows were very spacious- we had a two bed. They were very clean, plenty of storage and even tho we were all inclusive we still had a kitchen. Very handy with having a 1yr old.
the grounds around the bungalows were beautiful!

Food was great lots of choice. good drinks selection too.

Staff were lovley and helpful.
Entertainment team were good not much in the way of entertainment for the under 2's but having said that there quite happy running about.

Only negative is the kids play park by the main resturant needs abit of work. it was very wobbily cant really see it lasting much longer. having said that i did notice alot of renovation work going on so maybe they have plans to update it.

overall we had a fab holiday and would defo go back!! met some lovey people...my daughter was very sad to leave behind!!

4 Thank brisky2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Took my kids here from 29-05-14 to 05-06-14 daughter 11 & son 7.

I found this place via trip advisor so thought I would give back by leaving a review.

We all had a fantastic time and cannot recommend it highly enough for families. If you are holidaying without children then it's probably not the place for you.

The hotel at the time we went was equally british and spanish people, with a few other european nationalities. I don't particularly like to go abroad and be surrounded by english people haha so it was great.

Rooms

The bungalows are great, we had a 2 bedroom and they are laid out in blocks of 2 so you only have 1 immediate neighbour.

They are spacious and very clean with 2 loungers and table and 4 chairs outside if you don't fancy sitting round the pool.

We went all inclusive but they still have a fridge, 2 ringed hob, microwave oven, kettle, toaster, cups, plates, glasses etc.

There is a hairdryer in the bathroom but no iron (we didn't need one, not sure if that is available at reception though).

There is a tv mainly in spanish but you can get bbc 1 & 2 and itv which are around channel 65 you'll have to flick through and are not identified as those channels they are something like tv finland and nks1.

No dvd player but again that may be something available at reception.

Food/drink

There is a great selection of hot & cold food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Don't expect 5 star dining but as far as all inclusive goes it's the best I've had. We didn't eat out once even though we planned too so I think that says it all really.

Selection for kids wasn't great usually only one dish each day, they can have food from the adult section though, if you have a really fussy kid like my lad then you may have some problems.

Hot drink and fruit juice machines for breakfast were a bit of a pain, small cups probably aimed at trying to reduce how much is used haha.

Ice cream/ lollies for all inclusive are only available at certain times of the day.

Entertainment

Bit of a strange setup really as there are 2 entertainment teams.

That said no matter who you travel with your kids can get involved with both.

One by thomas cook (all british) and one called the animation team (mainly spanish) both excellent.

We like to get out but on the days we spent around the pool there was stuff to do all day for both adults and kids.

There is entertainment every night, don't expect a broadway show but the guys and girls work really hard, how they keep up their energy all day and night I'll never know.

They try to get everyone involved and many times will just sit down with you and have a chat which was a nice touch.

One night some professional spanish dancers (female) did a show which was excellent, all the dads had smiles on their faces :)

Facilites

There are 2 good sized pools, one has a small slide, and there is a baby pool too.

There are football pitches (concrete) and tennis courts, table tennis, pool tables etc.

There's a gym which I didn't see so can't really comment, although the mrs did and said it was a decent size.

Weather

The weather was fantastic ALL week generally around 28 degrees even though the brochure says 22. I was told they only get around 10 days of rain a year so you're pretty much guaranteed good weather. In the summer months it can reach 45 degrees (ouch) so you may want to avoid then if you have kids.

Activities

We went on 3 days out booked through Rob (TC rep) at the welcome meeting.

Canarian combi

Great day out.

You are taken to puerto rico harbour where you board a boat and go on a dolphin/ shark hunt.

You may want to stay on land for this bit if you don't have sea legs, the water is quite choppy and 3 out of 4 of us were sick, me being the worst :(

After that you have lunch provided as part of the trip at a small restaurant (chicken or fish).

Then you are picked up by open topped 4x4's and taken into the mountains, you stop off for some pics and a camel park where you are taken on a camel ride, you can purchase some VERY reasonably priced general souvenirs here not just camel ones.

Last you are taken off road which is bumpy and very dusty so wear old clothes, I loved the camels and the off road stuff :)

You can buy a dvd filmed throughout the day for 29 euros.

Palmitos Park/ Aqualand

These are 2 separate trips but can be purchased together for a discount.

Palmitos park has parrot, dolphin, birds of prey shows all excellent. They also have fish, meerkats and lots of other animals.

There are some incredible views of the mountains too and is set in really nice grounds, lots of photo ops here.

Taxi to palmitos park is around 32 euros round trip, there is also a bus service there not sure how much that was.

We all really enjoyed this day out.

Aqualand is a swimming park with lots of slides and water based rides.

Kids enjoyed it but word of warning everything is based on height if your child is taller than 140cm's then they will charge you adult price and they can't go in the area for kids (small slides) luckily our daughter is bang 140 so she was ok but believe me they are very strict on it and she was measured at least 6 times by various members of staff!

After reading this back it may come across as a bit negative in parts, that is not my intention we had a fantastic time just wanted to be thorough as possible and hopefully you found it useful.

We loved gran canaria and the parque cristobal and will be going back again :)

Pete, Maz, Taija & Mason (Manchester)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
12 Thank Peter M
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Parque cristobal gran canaria is the most excellent hotel I have ever been to. My son loved the entertainment reps Alice, Mollie, Lauren and the one only man mark. The entertainment was spectacular through the day and night and they always came to see if you like to join in if not they would sit with you and have a general chat (keep the up the good work guys). Food was fabulous everyday there was something different, the apartments was always clean and tidy, and the hotel was always clean as well. The reception staff are excellent and friendly and will help with any thing you need and bar staff where great. This is the best holiday and hotel I have been to by far. I would recommend this hotel and staff to everyone. Thank you for the wonderful holiday and will be back again soon :)

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jem C
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

This was our first family holiday outside of the UK, and it could not have been better. The poolside entertainment was amazing and the staff were fantastic. The nightly shows were very good. The pool and grounds were kept immaculate. There was a different themed buffet every night with a kids choice as well. I was very impressed with the friendliness of all staff, Thomas Cook and the active team. especially Mark and his potatoes! (you will have to go there to understand that one ). I strongly recommend the parque cristobal for anyone travelling with kids as you will be well looked after.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family