Good things: Can't beat the proximity to the beach. Room was clean and bright (but quite basic). Good shower. Decent staff; not overly effusive but no problems with them either.
This was my first experience with an all inclusive vacation, and I was disappointed with that aspect. Food was definitely plentiful; breakfast was good, lunch was okay, dinner not so good. Food sits on buffet until congealed and everything kind of tastes the same; very ready to not eat that anymore after a week! Felt like a second class citizen as an all inclusive guest; my husband asked for coffee after dinner (which is on the list of approved AI drinks) but was told he had to go outside. During the day, drinks are only available from a special AI only pool bar, which serves basic drinks in throwaway cups--and is RIGHT NEXT to the "real" pool bar which serves gorgeous cocktails and beers in real glasses. You have a choice of 3 cocktails as an AI guest (pina colada, tequila sunrise, san francisco); I like margaritas, white russians, and mai tais so I was disappointed. I have pretty low standards as far as wine goes but the house white was horrible.
Pools are tiny but the beach is right next door. We had bad weather, which was disappointing, as other than the beach and sunning there's not a lot to do. We're not party/disco folks. We're in our 30's; most guests were in their 60's (and german) which was ok with us but might not appeal to other younger people.
I would stay there again but I wouldn't do the all inclusive option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally situated in the area of Playa del Ingles, only a few meters away from the main beach and a few minutes walk from the shopping centers “Kashba”, “Yumbo” and “Cita”. You can find several bars and shops in the direct surrounding of the hotel.The hotel consists of 56 tastefully designed rooms in the main building and 65 Apartments in two neighboring buildings. Facilities include a lobby with reception, lifts, internet corner and wireless internet access (against charge), a restaurant with smoking area (on the terrace), bar and terrace. At the sheltered backside of the hotel you will find the swimming pool with sun terrace. Another fresh water swimming pool is located in the apartment complex belonging to the hotel. Sun beds and umbrellas at both pools are included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your HL Sahara Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sahara Playa Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Sahara Playa Del Ingles
- HL Sahara Playa Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria