“Very good!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

HL Miraflor Suites
Ranked #39 of 135 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
“Very good!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

We've just arrived from Gran Canaria and I can easily recommend Miraflor. The staff were ever so friendly. It's a very relaxing place and all the staff work very hard.
The bungalows are very modern. Great furniture and good attention to detail.
We didn't find the entertainment very good, but the entertainers work extremely hard to keep everyone happy.
The food selection was very good. Not five star food, but very good.
If I was to complain about, there were two things that could have been easily fixed: the bedding clothes and house maintenance. A bit of attention to details in the cleanness would be great.
There's one particular bar tender from England that was very rude (he made some rather disrespectful comments about me to another guest who I didn't know) but I just dealt with him with a pinch of salt. The others were 100% brilliant. We really enjoyed everything else. The guys at the reception were fantastic. The place is very well kept. I totally recommend. Many thanks.

• Stayed September 2013
6 Thank Eudu-de-Oliveira
HotelesLopez, Headoffice Hoteles Lopez at HL Miraflor Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your comment.

The entire Miraflor team is very happy to hear that you had a lovely holiday.
The different heads of department will be informed about your suggestion and experience in order to improve the services.
Wishing you all the best, we remain

with kind regards,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Poole, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

The entertainment team at the Miraflor suites are totaly fantastic they are the hardest working team i have seen brilliant just brilliant. not very happy with some of the bar staff seem to think doing other stuff was more important than actually serving customers but over all very very good big thanks to aitor,linda,bruno and coloma.

Room Tip: get a bungalow as hotel rooms don't have air con yet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jason V
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have just returned to the uk after a fab 2 week holiday. We have not been abroad for over 5yrs so were cautious about spending our well earned cash but it was money well spent on a family of 4 (2yr old and 5yr old) all inclusive holiday. The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially Ian and Jose at the bar and miraflor restaurant who were excellent. The food was of a high standard and there was some fatigue after 2wks all inclusive, but who wouldn't, however the outstanding Chinese buffet at the rondo and the great chef at the miraflor restaurant kept us looking forward to mealtimes!

The bungalows were clean and modern, the kitchenette was small but we had no use of it other than the fridge so not a problem. Security into the bungalows complex was good.

We have to say how fantastic the entertainment team were, Bruno, Ator, Coloma and Linda - they were inclusive of us all but didn't pester us. Kids club was great, Linda and Coloma were great with the kids and my two loved them both and as parents we couldn't have been happier. 6 nights a week there was a mini disco for the kids with the same music every night, and as others have commented this isn't to every adults taste.....but since it was for the kids it was excellent, mine learnt songs and actions to Spanish songs which we are still singing since coming home! No complaints from us.

Coloma did a great stretching/yoga class every morning by the pool & my husband even joined Ator after lunch to do aqua volleyball....something for everyone. The evening entertainment was varied and Bruno was a great host, particularly when some adults were not up for fun! The team were friendly and fun and an asset to the complex.

Things to be aware of are things like the competition for the sun loungers during the busy summer holidays, if you can't beat them, join them! The ice cream/lollies are not included in all inclusive packages at miraflor but once we realised we didn't really notice. Finally the restaurants aren't air conditioned but again once you acclimatise it's not a big deal. None of these are complaints just observations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Emma N
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Recently returned from our (me and my partner) week's holiday. We were thrilled with our hotel as soon as we arrived the service was friendly, welcoming and VERY helpful. We have never been to Gran Canaria before so were glad to be informed of the best places and bars to visit.

We were staying in the superior bungalows, which I greatly recommend as they were immaculate, very modern (even stylish) and perfectly suited to our needs. As we were all inclusive we did not need to use the kitchenette, however the fridge proved very handy as we chilled our complementary bottle of wine overnight :)

The food at the buffet was delicious, varied and kept really hot, this was important to us as we like our food to be warm! We very much enjoyed the separate Chinese buffet, all freshly cooked in front of you... delicious. Also all the waiters were very friendly, even though we were English. We also ate at the Grill restaurant which proved to be delicious, lots of different meats to choose from and grilled to perfection.

As we wanted a relaxing holiday, all we fancied was lounging by the pool and this was just lovely. Every day we managed to get the same sunbeds as no one seemed to come to the pool area until 11 am, it was like our own private pool until then. The grounds were extremely well maintained, the cleanest hotel we have been to, which is saying a lot as we usually stay in 5*.

One word of warning, me and my partner along with another couple were the only English people in the whole resort, the rest being German, so if looking to make holiday friends this may not be the best place for you.
Also a quick note to say that it is very child friendly, with the entertainment keeping them happy!

We had our air-con included in A.I package, however if you are not all inclusive you will have to pay!

We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely return!!

Room Tip: The superior bungalows are best.. avoid the hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SunnyCornwall19
Crawley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Currently on day 3 of this DREADFUL hotel. Whilst the hotel rooms and location are fine the staff are the worst I have ever encountered.. How this hotel ever got rated as 4 star amazes me .. It's a 1 star at a push... I have stayed in gran canaria on 14 previous occasions and this is the worst ever. Problems started when we arrived and they had no reservation.... This staffs answer was not to allow me to access their wifi but was to Make me pay 1 euro to log onto the Internet in reception to then go onto my email to forward them my reservation !! Great customer service straight away. The receptionists first 'solution' was for us to find another hotel !!! Once I forwarded the email they suddenly found us a room !!!!... Then we get into our room (which are modern and well appointed ) found we had to pay extra (42 euros) for air con dispute there being no mention of this on the booking .. You also have to pay 10 euros to borrow the tv remote control !!! 4 Star hotel ????... Then the pressure on the shower is so weak you actually dry whilst trying to shower .... Onto the worst part ... We go to the restaurant for dinner and the 5 of us that have paid a fortune are approached by the he'd waiter and told to pay 1 euros for a jug of water !!!.. You are allowed to have glasses of water but the jugs are reserved for all inclusive guests and as we were half board only we'd have to pay .. That wasn't going to happen so a full vocal argument followed !! ... Asked to speak to hotel manager so was as useful as a chocolate teapot ... We have 4 days left at the dreadful hotel ... They clearly don't like English people as this is obvious when you watch the staff interact with other nationalities .... If you don't want English then ill have my money back ... AVOID

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank paramount19
Dunkeld, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We have just returned from two weeks holiday 8th - 22nd May and stayed in one of the bungalows and have to say we wer really pleased with the facilities and cleanliness within, The cleaners even accommodated our not so early departures in the mornings (due to our very late nights !!!) by leaving our servicing till after midday, The grounds are well maintained - we were even welcomed one morning (3am) watering the grass and pants. WE ate most;y at the buffet servcie within the Ronda and must say that we were very happy with all aspects of this. The grill restaraunt was also very good. All staff especially the gentleman who both checked us in and out were excellent - THANK YOU. We would have no hesitation of staying here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank torwood
Braunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Returning guest with my Mother from last year.......so 2nd review which I feel I needed to add in favour of the hotel/staff/experience.

Few things have changed since my last visit But feel I must put a extra special mention about the new chef at the grill restaurant on the Miraflor site ....... this guy can cook a steak to perfection. So it is a must that you should book your allowed evening meal here as opposed to eating at the Rondo (that saying you are A/I - H/B and if your S/C make sure you do indulge yourself as much as possible). The multi-lingual barman/waiter Gian was still here and as helpful as he ever was last time and was also quite taken aback that he'd remembered me from the previous year. A few of the staff have changed but all very professional and very helpful/polite. I was also struck on hard the Gardener worked on the grounds around the bungalows and how beautiful it was kept.

So as a reminder of my last review of here, meals (if A/I - H/B) are taken at the Il Rondo across the road, where also you have all reception facilities and use of bar/pool etc they also serve (self-service) cakes/ pastries/coffee/tea at around 4pm each day. There has been mixed reviews regarding the buffet style food on here and I'd like to remind each traveller that 1: There is only so much you can do with Salad (here they present it well and try and keep it interesting). and 2: They have numerous nationalities here to please and cater for(Spanish/german/dutch/polish/French/English) and manage to do this, so personally feel it is unfair to mark them down on ratings just because of this.......afterall you're in the Canaries not England so don't expect it to be English!!!! The food is warm, edible, well presented and kept in good supply. I turned up 5 minutes before end of service at breakfast and the choice was still well available.

I can't say enough good about this prisitine hotel &bungalows .......... but there is something about the relaxing calm atmosphere here that made me want to return.....and I don't normally visit to the same place twice but in fact I am now pricing up to return later this year with my husband & children.

As for the area I did find myself less critical and more accepting of the surrounding area this time, the buildings I so unwrongly judged, in my last review, house local people who have moved into the resort so they can work here (and work hard they do)!

As for cigs/tobacco duty free etc I still recommend the Bazaar Sai at the c.c.gran chapparal (just round the corner) as the cheapest for those who like to feel they have a bargain.....and don't forget to drop into the Britannia/Windmill for a refreshment or bacon sarnie......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family