Returning guest with my Mother from last year.......so 2nd review which I feel I needed to add in favour of the hotel/staff/experience.
Few things have changed since my last visit But feel I must put a extra special mention about the new chef at the grill restaurant on the Miraflor site ....... this guy can cook a steak to perfection. So it is a must that you should book your allowed evening meal here as opposed to eating at the Rondo (that saying you are A/I - H/B and if your S/C make sure you do indulge yourself as much as possible). The multi-lingual barman/waiter Gian was still here and as helpful as he ever was last time and was also quite taken aback that he'd remembered me from the previous year. A few of the staff have changed but all very professional and very helpful/polite. I was also struck on hard the Gardener worked on the grounds around the bungalows and how beautiful it was kept.
So as a reminder of my last review of here, meals (if A/I - H/B) are taken at the Il Rondo across the road, where also you have all reception facilities and use of bar/pool etc they also serve (self-service) cakes/ pastries/coffee/tea at around 4pm each day. There has been mixed reviews regarding the buffet style food on here and I'd like to remind each traveller that 1: There is only so much you can do with Salad (here they present it well and try and keep it interesting). and 2: They have numerous nationalities here to please and cater for(Spanish/german/dutch/polish/French/English) and manage to do this, so personally feel it is unfair to mark them down on ratings just because of this.......afterall you're in the Canaries not England so don't expect it to be English!!!! The food is warm, edible, well presented and kept in good supply. I turned up 5 minutes before end of service at breakfast and the choice was still well available.
I can't say enough good about this prisitine hotel &bungalows .......... but there is something about the relaxing calm atmosphere here that made me want to return.....and I don't normally visit to the same place twice but in fact I am now pricing up to return later this year with my husband & children.
As for the area I did find myself less critical and more accepting of the surrounding area this time, the buildings I so unwrongly judged, in my last review, house local people who have moved into the resort so they can work here (and work hard they do)!
As for cigs/tobacco duty free etc I still recommend the Bazaar Sai at the c.c.gran chapparal (just round the corner) as the cheapest for those who like to feel they have a bargain.....and don't forget to drop into the Britannia/Windmill for a refreshment or bacon sarnie......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The bungalows of Miraflor Suites are situated centrally in Playa del Inglés, in wonderful gardens surrounded by palm trees, with sweet water swimming pool with integrated children’s pool, sun terrace, sun beds and parasol. Miraflor Suites is located in front of Apart hotel Rondo where the reception and another restaurant can be found.Distance to the beach 1500 meters, free shuttle bus service several times daily. In the neighbourhood you can find bus stops and shopping facilites. The shopping centres “Yumbo” and “Kasbah” are in short walking distance. All rooms are also accessible for elderly and disabled guests, with doors 86 cm, 90 x 90 cm and an accessible shower. Handles, toilet seat and shower chairs are available, pre reservation necessary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your HL Miraflor Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bungalows Miraflor Park Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Hotel Miraflor Park
- Miraflor Park Hotel
- HL Miraflor Suites Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria