Stayed here in September 2011. First impressions were "God what have we walked into here".
The Reception was closed and all was in darkness we had to phone a night Security guard and wait 40 minutes for him to come and give us our room key. We had to use our mobile phone as a torch to find the room as none of the lights worked. The Building work next door is extensive and as others have said it is long term and they start at around 7am until approx 18:00pm with lots of drilling and hammering so if you like it peaceful be warned! and just as a bonus they have now started building refurbishment on the neighbouring hotel on the other side of Fayna as well. Fayna itself could do with some maintenance with virtually everything electrical hanging off the wall in our room, lots of cracked/uneven floor tiles and the TV/Video seems to have been ripped off the wall in reception.
A couple of unwritten rules for the unsuspecting visitor
1. You have to put the key card into the holder just inside the door if you wish the lights to
work. (not the problem we had mentioned above)
2. Do not move the combination dial on the security box and do not use the manual key
more than once to lock/unlock or you will not be able to open the box.
3. There are no english TV Channels provided so do not bother paying for the remote
The plus points are that the staff (especially the receptionist) are very friendly and helpful.
The pool is nice and no problem getting a sunbed.
The location is very good and very handy for the beach and Yumbo centre.
As others have said if you can get a good deal it is basic but worth staying at.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Apartments Fayna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartments Fayna Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Apartments Fayna Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria