All reviews sea view half board deluxe room excellent hotel other guests pool area putting towels small fridge hotel bar ideal location short walk to the beach sun loungers main bar restaurant staff most nights great holiday yumbo centre
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

As the heading says this hotels main attraction is its location. The hotel is very close to the beach which can be accessed via a gate next to the lower level swimming pool. If you wish to go up towards the shopping areas just take the lift to reception floor 7 and exit the hotel on this level. The hotel and rooms are very clean and well maintained. The food is above average for this type of hotel. Only complaint I have with this hotel is the way the buffet is laid out for evening meals as their can be quite long queues. Their are three swimming pools at this hotel on various levels. Their appears to be plenty of sun beds so no matter what time you turn up their we're always a good few available. Outside of the hotel their are plenty of restaurants and bars along the sea front. The beach is very popular with plenty of water sports available. If you turn left along the sea front and walk up the hill their are more bars and s shopping area, these tended to be a little bit cheaper than the seafront bars. If you exit the hotel through reception and go to the end of the road and turn left you will come to a couple of shopping centres with bars and restaurants.
So would I recommend this hotel ?
If you wanted to stay in playa del ingles I can't see any hotel in a better position

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mal1963mal
Ifa D, Public Relations Manager at Corallium Dunamar By Lopesan Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2016

Dear Guest,

Firstly, we would like to tell you that we are very happy to know you have really enjoyed your stay with us, although there were some point you were not very happy at. We want to thank you for sharing your opinion and review about IFA Dunamar Hotel with many other future guests around the world and many thanks for taking your time for such a motivating comment.

We would be more than glad to welcome you again very soon to IFA Dunamar and do not forget to mention your favourite room number when booked your next trip to Gran Canaria in order to fulfill your future requests.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2016

Fab hotel in a fab location, access to the beach via lift through gardens. access from floor 7 to shopping area Kasbah. Can't believe that anyone can say this hotel is dated. I must say that the maintenance team and cleaning team both indoors and outdoors were first class, immaculate hotel. Two downsides, we were in the North annexe and the pool had no refreshments facilities and the evening meal was not always the best of choice but always managed to get something. Would stay at hotel again, but do not like Gran Canaria, Playa Ingles is a poor resort, not a lot to do there

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Mrs. Mc Lean,

On behalf of the hotel management and myself, we would like to thank you for having taken time to review IFA Dunamar on TripAdvisor. All our customers’ opinions and reviews are really important, as they enable us to improve our daily service.

We apologise to read that we did not achieve all your expectations during your stay. We wish you have had a pleasant stay despite of all and we look forward to your next visit. I personally remain at your disposal for any further inquiry or comment you might have. Please do not hesitate to contact us at dunamar@lopesan.com; we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 4, 2016

We stayed at this hotel for 11 days. We had booked a deluxe room and had not paid any extra for a sea view or pool view so were pleasantly surprised when our room on the third floor was overlooking the pool and with a sea view. The room was nice and spacious, quite a large balcony and nice bathroom. The sunbathing terraces on different levels were also nice, as was the spa in the pool areas.
A negative is that the hotel is very much geared towards German guests and this is reflected in a lot of areas, we found the food, especially at breakfast time, did not have a good range of hot food for the British. Every morning it was fried eggs and beans or hard boiled eggs. The bacon was not enjoyable and stuck together in clumps when you tried to take a piece. No sign of any English sausages whilst we were there.
I would still give the hotel a good rating as we enjoyed our stay but just feel the British would feel a bit more welcome with one or two small adjustments.
Also an onsite shop selling such items as newspapers and water would be good but the supermarkets are close by.
Great location and easy access to promenade.

Room tip: High floors but we were unable to find a contact email for the hotel so took pot luck
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ifa D, Public Relations Manager at Corallium Dunamar By Lopesan Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2016

Dear Mrs. Wendy,

Firstly, we would like to express our most sincere appreciation. We really take into account all our clients comments, as they are a real help for us to improve our service and know if things are well done or not. For this reason, many thanks for your time and having reviewed IFA Dunamar Hotel on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure for us to know you enjoyed your stay with us, although there were some points in which we did not achieve your expectations.

All the comments are read by the management team in order to find the best solution and keep on improving our services every day. Again, thank you your time, we would be very pleased to welcome you back and achieve all your expectations next time. Should you have further comments or inquires, do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 16, 2016

Just spent a week at this hotel one of the most enjoyable holidays I've had since becoming a solo traveller at the start of the year as soon as you pull up outside you are greeted by the floor to ceiling glass and chrome entrance very lmpressive even nicer when you step into the reception area you can see by looking around this hotel has very high standards after a mix up with my room which was promptly dealt with I was given a upgrade to the biggest room I've ever had in a hotel it was fabulous the views from the balcony over the pool area right across to the beach were stunning this was room 403 right on the front corner of the hotel I couldn't have wished for a better room many thanks for that the restaurant was also very impressive huge selection of food available not always as hot as it could be I found it got very busy earlier on and you would struggle to find a table but come later on there was plenty of room this was the case at breakfast time as well my room was kept spotless everyday a big thank you to noelia for that I only found a couple of things I think should be looked at in the future one being the reserving of sunbeds there is a printed leaflet in your room signed by the management stating you are not allowed to reserve sun loungers or brollys this wasn't the case I witnessed a particular group of people coming out at 7amevery morning putting towels on six sunbeds and not coming back to use them till lunch time this happened everyday I also counted 21 sunbeds on Sunday with towels on empty for over 4 hours I think this is very selfish and a practise in the future that's needs to be dealt with a number of hotels I've stayed in at Tenerife have a good system in place you are given 60 mins from placing a towel down to returning to that sunbed otherwise the towel is removed and taken to reception there are big notices all round the pool area stating what will happen maybe that's something you could implement in the future my second thing is dress code in the restaurant at the evening meal it's such a nice place with a high standard but you've still got a minority coming dressed in shorts and swimwear and some turning up in what they've been in allday surely it wouldn't be a bad policy to implement a dress code for the evening meal saying smart casual no shorts or swimwear allowed other than that a lovely hotel in a prime location with polite helpful staff and I'm looking at returning again next year but for two weeks this time one week goes to quickly

Room tip: 403 must be one of the biggest rooms with amazing views from the balcony
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank john s
Ifa D, Public Relations Manager at Corallium Dunamar By Lopesan Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2016

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to express our sincerest gratitude that you have chosen our hotel and also for sharing your opinion with other travelers on the website TripAdvisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and we appreciate the nice words that you have posted. Your friendly open words on TripAdvisor are an inspiration and motivation for us to keep our high standards and quality.

For us it has been a real pleasure having met to you as guests and all our staff would be happy to welcome you again on future holidays.

With best regards,
Public Relations

Reviewed June 14, 2016

This was my first time at this Hotel and wont be my last. Everything was amazing from the welcome to my departure.
I found the staff very friendly, was so clean, both in my room and around the hotel.
The restaurant for breakfast and dinner buffet style was wonderful lots to chose from everything you could possible want.
Some people said in a review dinner gets busy I didn't find this
plenty of room and always found a table with ease, and as I was down early for breakfast very few in there.
My room amazing on the 13th floor spacious balcony and sun terrace with 2 sun loungers, that's where I spent my day no need to reserve a sunbed early we had are own, the views was amazing, you do pay extra for the 13th/14th floor but it was worth it.
The beds were perfect firm not hard, bathroom double vanity unit bath/shower, full size hairdryer and lots of towels.

If you have a late flight they will try and accommadate you with a late check out, if not they have a courtesy room you can book to shower in and change for you journey home.

They have a good selection of pools on different levels, cant comment no more as I didn't use them, you can hire pool towels if needed as well. We did see some of the entertainment they provided after dinner, was excellent.
The location is right on Playa Beach some of the bars are open late along the boulevard slight noise but being we was on the 13th floor didn't bother me.

All in all the stay was wonderful loved being there shame it wasn't a longer visit worth the money, some folk can be very picky when writing a review, and I took these on board before booking this hotel and in my opinion some comments are uncalled for, some people just like to complain remember you cant please every one.

Will be returning to this hotel in September, thank you for making my stay so wonderful.

Room tip: 13th/14th floor superior deluxe rooms spacious fab views
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank DBJONES2014

Dear Guest,
We highly appreciate your comments posted on TripAdvisor and we would like to thank you for your confidence in us by choosing our hotel.

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was to your full satisfaction and that you found everything in our hotel what you need for a perfect holiday. We are especially glad about your praise of our restaurant and locations.

It was a real pleasure for us having you with us and we instantly hope to welcome you back on future holidays.
With best regards,