All reviews sea view half board deluxe room excellent hotel other guests pool area putting towels small fridge hotel bar ideal location short walk to the beach sun loungers main bar restaurant staff most nights great holiday yumbo centre
Selected filters
Reviewed June 16, 2016

Just spent a week at this hotel one of the most enjoyable holidays I've had since becoming a solo traveller at the start of the year as soon as you pull up outside you are greeted by the floor to ceiling glass and chrome entrance very lmpressive even nicer when you step into the reception area you can see by looking around this hotel has very high standards after a mix up with my room which was promptly dealt with I was given a upgrade to the biggest room I've ever had in a hotel it was fabulous the views from the balcony over the pool area right across to the beach were stunning this was room 403 right on the front corner of the hotel I couldn't have wished for a better room many thanks for that the restaurant was also very impressive huge selection of food available not always as hot as it could be I found it got very busy earlier on and you would struggle to find a table but come later on there was plenty of room this was the case at breakfast time as well my room was kept spotless everyday a big thank you to noelia for that I only found a couple of things I think should be looked at in the future one being the reserving of sunbeds there is a printed leaflet in your room signed by the management stating you are not allowed to reserve sun loungers or brollys this wasn't the case I witnessed a particular group of people coming out at 7amevery morning putting towels on six sunbeds and not coming back to use them till lunch time this happened everyday I also counted 21 sunbeds on Sunday with towels on empty for over 4 hours I think this is very selfish and a practise in the future that's needs to be dealt with a number of hotels I've stayed in at Tenerife have a good system in place you are given 60 mins from placing a towel down to returning to that sunbed otherwise the towel is removed and taken to reception there are big notices all round the pool area stating what will happen maybe that's something you could implement in the future my second thing is dress code in the restaurant at the evening meal it's such a nice place with a high standard but you've still got a minority coming dressed in shorts and swimwear and some turning up in what they've been in allday surely it wouldn't be a bad policy to implement a dress code for the evening meal saying smart casual no shorts or swimwear allowed other than that a lovely hotel in a prime location with polite helpful staff and I'm looking at returning again next year but for two weeks this time one week goes to quickly

Room tip: 403 must be one of the biggest rooms with amazing views from the balcony
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank john s
Ifa D, Public Relations Manager at Corallium Dunamar By Lopesan Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2016

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to express our sincerest gratitude that you have chosen our hotel and also for sharing your opinion with other travelers on the website TripAdvisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and we appreciate the nice words that you have posted. Your friendly open words on TripAdvisor are an inspiration and motivation for us to keep our high standards and quality.

For us it has been a real pleasure having met to you as guests and all our staff would be happy to welcome you again on future holidays.

Reviewed June 14, 2016

This was my first time at this Hotel and wont be my last. Everything was amazing from the welcome to my departure.
I found the staff very friendly, was so clean, both in my room and around the hotel.
The restaurant for breakfast and dinner buffet style was wonderful lots to chose from everything you could possible want.
Some people said in a review dinner gets busy I didn't find this
plenty of room and always found a table with ease, and as I was down early for breakfast very few in there.
My room amazing on the 13th floor spacious balcony and sun terrace with 2 sun loungers, that's where I spent my day no need to reserve a sunbed early we had are own, the views was amazing, you do pay extra for the 13th/14th floor but it was worth it.
The beds were perfect firm not hard, bathroom double vanity unit bath/shower, full size hairdryer and lots of towels.

If you have a late flight they will try and accommadate you with a late check out, if not they have a courtesy room you can book to shower in and change for you journey home.

They have a good selection of pools on different levels, cant comment no more as I didn't use them, you can hire pool towels if needed as well. We did see some of the entertainment they provided after dinner, was excellent.
The location is right on Playa Beach some of the bars are open late along the boulevard slight noise but being we was on the 13th floor didn't bother me.

All in all the stay was wonderful loved being there shame it wasn't a longer visit worth the money, some folk can be very picky when writing a review, and I took these on board before booking this hotel and in my opinion some comments are uncalled for, some people just like to complain remember you cant please every one.

Will be returning to this hotel in September, thank you for making my stay so wonderful.

Room tip: 13th/14th floor superior deluxe rooms spacious fab views
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank DBJONES2014

Dear Guest,
We highly appreciate your comments posted on TripAdvisor and we would like to thank you for your confidence in us by choosing our hotel.

We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was to your full satisfaction and that you found everything in our hotel what you need for a perfect holiday. We are especially glad about your praise of our restaurant and locations.

It was a real pleasure for us having you with us and we instantly hope to welcome you back on future holidays.

Reviewed June 10, 2016

Dear Jet2Holidays,

I am writing this letter of complaint in regards to the Hotel in which my family & I were staying in over the period of our first family holiday together. On the Jet2 website this hotel is advertised as 4 star, what we received was no way inclined a 4* hotel. I fully appreciate there would be differences in what British and Spanish expectations are in regards to star ratings but as pictured (attached) and detailed in list below will cover some of reality. I feel very disappointed and cheated out of money.

· Worn out carpets in both corridors and rooms.

· Broken and chipped room furniture

· Cracked bathroom tiles

· Cracked Bath (which lead to another problem, will detail below)

· Single beds which were worn ripped and frayed.

· Cracked paint on walls which had crumbled away (some paint on floor)

· Electronics exposed by broken furniture (I have
a small curious child)
· Travel cot which has clearly seen better days bent

· Marks on walls (only be described as rubber sole of a shoe had been scraped across)

· Salt water pool (which was supposedly changed to chlorine half way through our stay)

When we arrived at the hotel and checked in I was not told any information in regards to meal times, where facilities were in the hotel (example pool, darts, club) we were chauffeured to our and left to our own.

As above in the bullet points the cracked bath which caused us to lose a day of our holiday thanks to the inconsiderate way in which it was dealt with as explained in next paragraph,

To begin with our hotel room was entered by maintenance staff without prior warning by any member of staff in the hotel. We were at dinner when they entered the room, when we finished dinner I had headed to reception to report problems with Wi-Fi which had been going on from the previous night (they were changing providers). To my amazement when I met my partner back at the room the door was open and 2 men were in the bathroom resealing the bath. I was quite annoyed at this as we could have any possessions around the room which could have been stolen including charging mobile phones. This now carried on for a few more days with maintenance staff appearing in & out of the room. On Friday after we had breakfast around 10:10am I received a phone call which they said there was a crack in bath and they needed to change us room. My partner & I packed all our items and got ready to move. I went up to reception and asked where we were moving to and they said room on 5th floor but its not ready yet, So I asked how can we get showered which was replied with a card and there is a shower on 9th floor. I got back to hotel room and explained to partner which she took herself and child to the shower, shortly my partner appeared back in the room and explained it is a shower cubicle no use for a small child. I went back to reception to find out what was happening and by this point asked to speak to a manager, I was told the public relations staff was on way and I would have to speak to her (Silvia). I went back to my room and waited then went back to reception. Now at 13:30 over 3 hours later we got moved to a room on the 5th Floor (one of the new updated floors). When we entered the room we quickly found this room was not suitable, the veranda door had no lock and what they called carpet was a plastic/rubber also it only had 1 sink where as our room on the third floor had 2 (This was meant to be an upgraded room with sea view yet our original room had sea view) they then said we can be moved to room 306 instead of 505, 306 was the room right next door to our original room 305 so why we weren’t just moved there in first instance is beyond me!

In total it took over 4 hours to move us room which meant we had to shower at 14:10 & my family had a very late lunch which is not acceptable when you have a 16 month old child. After I had a shower back of 2 I went and spoke with (Silvia Public relations) who didn’t really seem to care at all, I explained all of the above and the fact the rooms were very shabby. She openly admitted that quite a few floors needed updating. I showed her the pictures attached which had no comment apart from you are right and you will need to take this up with your agency also when I confronted Silvia about the hotel not being 4 star her words were because of location this is why we have 4 stars and the higher level is the way the rooms are rated not the way the rooms are presented.

To add to our problems the food was not the best. Breakfast was the same thing every day, Lunch was a really restricted in choice (1 or 2 choices) and dinner was same as breakfast in regards to the food was almost the same everyday; this has certainly put me off ever going full board in my life again. I thought this would be the best choice having a small child but in the end its cost us more money due to having to go out and buy food so she would eat, also we got tired of having the same food every day!

All in all I simply wish we had booked a 2 star hotel and went self catering as I would have had a better and easier time. You pay the money for the 4 star experience and only receive 2 star service makes myself rethink if I should book my next holiday with Jet2 or just go elsewhere.

To finish this off on our due date of departure there was 2 couples one from Ireland & 1 from Aberdeen who were both feeling very disappointed in the hotel themselves. The couple from Aberdeen explained they had been here last year on floor 13 & they loved it yet this year put in a lower floor with a room that was in bad condition. When I showed them the attached pictures they were shocked and couldn’t believe the state of the room. Also agreed the food was poor choice and pretty much the same everyday.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Mark M
Ifa D, Public Relations Manager at Corallium Dunamar By Lopesan Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2016

Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for choosing Gran Canaria and our hotel for your recent holidays and we for posting your opinion about your stay on Tripadvisor.

We appreciate your detailed recapitulation and would like to thank you very much for letting us know the aspects of your stay, all which helps us to improve our services and provide the perfect holiday experience.

As we explained we are renovating the hotel, but the problem was a confusion between the difference between family hotel and adult only hotel. The difference is that you could come to our hotel with your child and an adult hotel is not allowed.
We were talking to you and your agency and the problem was that made a reservation that was not the hotel you were looking for, try to reserve what you are looking for.
Once again, we thank you very much for your feedback.
With best Regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2016

Only four++ hours from rain to sun, we came for a short 5 day break from London, the hotel in on the sea front, although a very big hotel the service is 5 starts from the front desk staff who are very helpful, the resturant buffet is very good with lots on offer, we had room service which was very good. But five starts must go to housekeeping who keep the rooms very clean and tidy, thanks to Eusabet Valentin who look after our room.
DRH
London

Room tip: Ask for sea view
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

We appreciate your detailed recapitulation and would like to thank you very much for letting us know the positive but also the negative aspects of your stay, all which helps us to improve our services and provide the perfect holiday experience.

We would be delighted to welcome you back on future holidays and remain

Reviewed May 27, 2016

Just home from a week in Gran Canaria staying in the IFA Dunamar hotel. A great hotel, spotlessly clean, great food and really helpful staff. The hair dryer in our room was faulty, cutting off all the time. I reported this on our way to dinner. When we returned about 1 hour later the hair dryer was repaired. Couldn't ask for quicker service. There is only one drawback to this hotel. The Beds. I think the last guest to use mine was Fred Flinstone. It was so hard that on 2 nights I took the matress off the bed , placed it on the floor and slept on this. It was softer. Speaking to others staying here it seems that this is a common problem. Apart from this the hotel is excellent but I would not stay again until new beds have been put in place.

Room tip: Make sure you are not on the lower floors in the annex, below 6. No view at all
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank pmckinnie064
Ifa D, Public Relations Manager at Corallium Dunamar By Lopesan Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2016

Dear guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your recent holidays on Gran Canaria and also for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor.
We are glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and also for letting us know your constructive critic about the mention aspects. As we take criticism of our guests (positive and negative) very seriously, we have already forwarded your concerns and suggestions to the affected Department Managers in order to have a close look into the discussed matters.

Best Regards,