Overall a very enjoyable stay. Apartments are spacious, well-equipped (cooker, microwave, kettle, coffee machine, plates and cutlery), cleaned daily and the design feels fresh and modern. Big, comfy beds. Very reasonable rates.
Staff was friendly and helpful [and cute :)], though not necessarily fluent in English (not that it mattered much, we did get by without any hiccups).
Nice big pool, always kept clean.
Quite a bit of cruising going on, this may be a pro or a con for you... The crowd, during our stay, was young(ish) - mostly mid-20s to late 30s - and of your typical gay gym-bod/party variety. Again, this may be a pro or a con, but if it's quiet or a family holiday you're after, this is perhaps not your best choice.
Some small caveats:
* Air con in one of the two apartments we booked didn't work, and for some reason this could not be rectified nor would we be offered some sort of discount for this (and I don't mean a free night, but perhaps a courtesy drink on the house or some such).
* You better like like (or don't mind) disco/dance music, as the pool area was insonified for a couple of hours each day. That said, rooms are double-glazed, so you don't need to get too much of it.
Would we come back? Definitely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new AxelBeach Maspalomas - Apartments & Lounge Club offers the best experience and fun of the island with the best atmosphere, facilities and leisure so you can enjoy your holiday in Gran Canaria, both day and night.Located in Maspalomas, just 1.5 Km from the sea, the new AxelBeach Maspalomas has 92 modern apartments, distributed over 4 floors and perfectly equipped to provide the maximum comfort and convenience. The complex, for adults only, has also several leisure areas conceived and designed exclusively for you to find the Axel cool atmosphere and the most cospomolitan meeting.Outside we can find the Sky Bar, the most crowded space in Axel and ready to live moments of fun, with a great outdoor pool in which you can refresh, sunbathing and disconnect in the sun loungers, moreover you can attend the best events and parties we organize throughout the season. A few meters away there is the Axel Lounge Garden, located in a large and pleasant garden area surrounded by Palm trees that make it the ideal place to relax and escape from the world. If you are a fitness addicted, the hotel has an own tennis track in the same facilities, this is your place along with the Axel Wellness, a fully equipped gym with dry and wet saunas and massage cabins to shape your body and chill your mind. Axel Wellness will give you the chance to meet new people and socialize as it's usual at the Axel Hotels.AxelBeach Maspalomas offers free Wi-fi connection in the public areas as well as car and bike rental service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your AxelBeach Maspalomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- AxelBeach Maspalomas Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria