Just returned from a week at the Bohemian Suites and can honestly say I was sad to leave. This hotel is a true 5 star, the staff cannot do enough for you, the rooms have all been beautifully designed with the most up-to-date lighting, apple TV etc. On arrival there was a complimentary bottle of cava on ice with 2 glasses as it was our 25th wedding anniversary which was a nice touch. The 360 degree restaurant with its amazing view of the ocean was the perfect start to the day serving high class quality food cooked to order in a relaxing atmosphere. We were given the opportunity to upgrade to a suite for an extra 700 euros for the week which on inspection was fabulous but as it overlooked the hotel next door which is being refurbished and was a bit of an eyesore and noisy during the day we declined and stayed in our room with a much quieter pool view. We were told that the refurbishment is due to finish in December 2014. Also the second pool was not open which was a shame as the main pool is quite small but as the hotel was quiet whilst we were there it wasn't too much of a problem. Playa del Ingles itself is a bit of a party town which was perfect for what we wanted but I can see why some people are disappointed with the surrounding area. Maspalomas is a 45 minute walk down the beach (or 10 minutes in a taxi) which is more up-market for those who want a quieter evening. I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to return again myself some time in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bohemia Suites & Spa, a sophisticated lifestyle oasis for adults surrounded by the volcanic beauty of Gran Canaria, combines luxury with multifunctional surroundings and offers a secluded setting for guests to get pampered in total peace and privacy. By transforming what was once a run-down building into a modern, ocean-front hotel, Bohemia Suites &Spa has created a place where friends can meet, share ideas and belong. At Bohemia's rooftop restaurant, a spacious indoor-outdoor space, guests mingle with one another while soaking up panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and the softly undulating dunes of Maspalomas. Lime-infused cocktails are sipped next to huge panoramic windows that open widely, while diverse Mediterranean and Asian flavors are fused flawlessly on the plates of local diners. In the sultry Siam Thai Spa, Mandala-inspired treatment marquees and rooms provide a tranquil setting for original Thai massages by Thai therapists. Meanwhile, fragrant aromatherapy baths of jasmine, mint and lemon let guests revel in complete secluded luxury. Outside, waves and warm breezes provide the perfect conditions for kite surfing and other water sports. Bohemia's 67 rooms and suites are fully integrated living spaces, where balconies and bedrooms merge seamlessly into one. Rich mahogany floors, native olive-wood furnishings and shades of yellow, purple and terracotta harmonize with the natural environment, rooting guests firmly in the heart of this sun-scorched volcanic island. Bohemia Suites & Spa is an adults-only retreat combining sensory spa experiences with a native design concept that allows its guests the freedom to connect with the jagged volcanic landscape of the Canary Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bohemia Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bohemia Suites And Spa
- Bohemia Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Apolo Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Bohemia Suites & Spa Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria