The last time I was in Playa del Ingles was about 15 years ago and I decided not to go again as there was nowhere decent to stay. This has now changed with the Bohemia Suites and Spa and their excellent ans attentative staff. I had a junior suite with ocean view and it was lovely. The room measured about 20 feet by 30 feet and the front is all glazed to take full benefit of the view of the dunes. I had wondered if the curtains would cut out enough light at night but they are very well fitting blackout material and the room was in total darkness, apart from the 12 standby type lights ! I soon covered them up !
I also counted 24 light switches, completely over the top and I never did work them all out !
The television, that I had problems with that were efficiently and cheerfully sorted out by Antonio, had many channels including British news, which was good.
The wellness centre is amazing, with numerous exercise machines and 2 saunas, steam room plunge pool and ice. With no requirement to wear a costume it was far more relaxing than the stuffy spas in the UK. I enjoyed the hotel so much that I am returning next month !
Other postings have mentioned the number of steps that have to be negotiated to reach the beach, although this is correct it is nothing to do with the hotel. The area is hilly and unfortunately is not suitable for those with limited mobility. The local shopping centre, Yumbo, has steps everywhere and I did not see any lifts. It has to be admitted that Playa del Ingles is not a classy resort, but it has a relaxed feeling to it and while I was there the weather was lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bohemia Suites & Spa, a sophisticated lifestyle oasis for adults surrounded by the volcanic beauty of Gran Canaria, combines luxury with multifunctional surroundings and offers a secluded setting for guests to get pampered in total peace and privacy. By transforming what was once a run-down building into a modern, ocean-front hotel, Bohemia Suites &Spa has created a place where friends can meet, share ideas and belong. At Bohemia's rooftop restaurant, a spacious indoor-outdoor space, guests mingle with one another while soaking up panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and the softly undulating dunes of Maspalomas. Lime-infused cocktails are sipped next to huge panoramic windows that open widely, while diverse Mediterranean and Asian flavors are fused flawlessly on the plates of local diners. In the sultry Siam Thai Spa, Mandala-inspired treatment marquees and rooms provide a tranquil setting for original Thai massages by Thai therapists. Meanwhile, fragrant aromatherapy baths of jasmine, mint and lemon let guests revel in complete secluded luxury. Outside, waves and warm breezes provide the perfect conditions for kite surfing and other water sports. Bohemia's 67 rooms and suites are fully integrated living spaces, where balconies and bedrooms merge seamlessly into one. Rich mahogany floors, native olive-wood furnishings and shades of yellow, purple and terracotta harmonize with the natural environment, rooting guests firmly in the heart of this sun-scorched volcanic island. Bohemia Suites & Spa is an adults-only retreat combining sensory spa experiences with a native design concept that allows its guests the freedom to connect with the jagged volcanic landscape of the Canary Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bohemia Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bohemia Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Bohemia Suites And Spa
- Apolo Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Bohemia Suites & Spa Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria