Fabulous hotel, staff extremely helpfull and polite. Beautiful pools, the service is excellent and the bed and bedding to die for, BUT be prepared to pay way over the odds for everything else at the hotel. 13 euros to have a dress ironed, 5 euros for a small bottle of water in the restaurant and 30 euros for a bottle of wine you could probably get for 8 or less in the supermarket. I'm happy to pay a mark up and could afford the prices but I don't like being taken for a mug. The area it is situated in is also not great. To go anywhere nice for an after dinner drink be prepared to get a taxi. There's nowhere really you can just have a stroll to to walk off your four course dinner and have a nice cocktail. Food is fab if somewhat tedious by the end of the holiday. Breakfast is a huge selection but the same day in day out, by the end it started to feel a bit like torture. The evening meal is the same, great food but soup as a second course every night! what I wouldn't have given for a nice green salad. Same if you opt for the cheese option for pudding, few slices of pretty tasteless cheese with pieces of dried fruit. That said the freshly baked bread is heavenly, especially the sea salt and cummin seed crusted rolls, the main meals were all of excellent quality and a nice variety. I enjoyed my week but I wouldn't go back. Oh and lets not forget old sparky on the balcony...............light up chairs that come on everynight by timer. Very uncomfortable hard plastic chairs. If you opt for the suite you get a day bed on the balcony which is fine but we couldn't open both balcony doors as the bed was in the way. Little bit of style over substance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bohemia Suites & Spa, a sophisticated lifestyle oasis for adults surrounded by the volcanic beauty of Gran Canaria, combines luxury with multifunctional surroundings and offers a secluded setting for guests to get pampered in total peace and privacy. By transforming what was once a run-down building into a modern, ocean-front hotel, Bohemia Suites &Spa has created a place where friends can meet, share ideas and belong. At Bohemia's rooftop restaurant, a spacious indoor-outdoor space, guests mingle with one another while soaking up panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and the softly undulating dunes of Maspalomas. Lime-infused cocktails are sipped next to huge panoramic windows that open widely, while diverse Mediterranean and Asian flavors are fused flawlessly on the plates of local diners. In the sultry Siam Thai Spa, Mandala-inspired treatment marquees and rooms provide a tranquil setting for original Thai massages by Thai therapists. Meanwhile, fragrant aromatherapy baths of jasmine, mint and lemon let guests revel in complete secluded luxury. Outside, waves and warm breezes provide the perfect conditions for kite surfing and other water sports. Bohemia's 67 rooms and suites are fully integrated living spaces, where balconies and bedrooms merge seamlessly into one. Rich mahogany floors, native olive-wood furnishings and shades of yellow, purple and terracotta harmonize with the natural environment, rooting guests firmly in the heart of this sun-scorched volcanic island. Bohemia Suites & Spa is an adults-only retreat combining sensory spa experiences with a native design concept that allows its guests the freedom to connect with the jagged volcanic landscape of the Canary Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bohemia Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bohemia Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Bohemia Suites And Spa
- Apolo Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Bohemia Suites & Spa Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria