We were there for a week in the end of March. Hotel itself was very good and had lots to offer. Our room was standard, nothing special (a fridge would have been nice though). Lots of entertainment. Food was excellent and lots of varieties.
But then a big but for us: we didn't have all inclusive, only half board. So we had breakfast and dinner. We had a big disagreement with the hotel staff when we had wine and water with our dinner and heard that they are not included in half board and have to pay for them (water also!). The butler came and alleged that it is said in a leaflet we got when we signed in. We disagreed but paid anyhow leaving the money on the table when we left. Wrong done! Should have paid to the cash desk. The butler ran after us shouting that we have to pay!. Imagine that kind of behaviour in front of hundreds of diners for a few euros!
Anyhow we checked what it was said in that brochure we got when we game. There was a headline "All Inclusive Service" and advice for that but nothing for people having half board.
So you can imagine our feelings after that incidence every time we went to eat there. I think we were lurked by the staff!
But anyhow. Besides this incident the hotel is to be recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IFA Continental Hotel is situated very near to the centre of Playa del Ingles, a few minutes walk from Playa del Ingles beach, the promenade and numerous leisure and shopping centres. The magnificent Playa del Ingles, with its famous sand dunes and its 6 kilometers in length, offers a perfect setting to have long and pleasant walks next to the sea, besides being located next to one of the most enjoyable and entertaining tourist zones of Gran Canaria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your IFA Continental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ifa Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- IFA Continental Hotel Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria