Stayed at the continental in september for 1 week all-inclusive and had an excellent holiday!
The hotel itself is quite large and very well kept! plenty to do for everyone! Table tennis, shuffle boards, 5 aside court, small amount of arcades, well being centre, small pool with one slide, play park, kids club corner, hairdressers and a shop all in the hotel! There are 2 bar areas, one in the lobby and the other by the pool. Day time and evening entertainment every day! Although i do not think this hotel cater for children when it comes to the entertainment, however when we stayed here in september we were luck if we seen more than 3 families with children at this hotel.
Rooms are of good size and very clean, abit dated but fine! The showers were very powerful and always hot water all day. There is no air con in the rooms but there is everywhere else in the hotel. Rooms do get a bit hot so we hired a fan at reception for 15 euro for the week, 10 euro being a deposit which we got back at the end of our weeks stay.
I loved the pool area at this hotel, there are 3 pools, one kids pool with one slide, main pool with little waterfall and a quieter pool with jacuzzi. All pools kept very clean and we even saw somebody in the pools in the early hours of most morning cleaning them! there are also 3 other jacuzzi which were great!
There are plenty of sun beds to go around, but the same as when you travel anywhere there are always the ones who are up at the crack of dawn to reserve their sunloungers!
Location is excellent, just 2 min to beach although there are quite a few steps down to the beach, but there is a ramp for pushchairs and wheelchairs. Lots off water sports available at the beach and at a reasonable price to. There is also a bus stop and taxi rank just around the corner next to a few shops. one of the main shopping centres was about 10 min walk and the yumbo shopping centre about 20 min walk away which is great for shopping!
The foods was excellent, so much choice you are spoilt! Even the most fusy eater would bound to find something they like. The staff in the resturant did an excellent job of keeping it clean and tidy and you will never see a dirty table in the resturant! very friendly staff all round in the hotel could not fault them at all.
We went to the water park which is only 5-10 min in a taxi which will not cost anymore than 6 euro to get there. It was 25 euro to get into the park per adult plus if you want a sunbed you have to pay another 3.50 euro. food very expensive there so bring your own.
We also went to the drag show which was excellent, foods not up to much, couldnt really eat it but the show itself was great, was laughting from start to finish.quite an expensive night though think it was about 96 euro for 2 adults which included dinner and drinks with dinner only and travel there and back, a must though!
We also went on a camels trek which was 12 euros per adult and only 5 min away by taxi which was about 5 euro!
Would recommend this hotel to couples and groups and would stay again if there put air con in the rooms.
Transfers from the airport is about 25min!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IFA Continental Hotel is situated very near to the centre of Playa del Ingles, a few minutes walk from Playa del Ingles beach, the promenade and numerous leisure and shopping centres. The magnificent Playa del Ingles, with its famous sand dunes and its 6 kilometers in length, offers a perfect setting to have long and pleasant walks next to the sea, besides being located next to one of the most enjoyable and entertaining tourist zones of Gran Canaria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TravelUp, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your IFA Continental Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ifa Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- IFA Continental Hotel Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria