“Back again!”

IFA Buenaventura Hotel
Ranked #30 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is our second holiday to IFA Buenaventura since May. We have just returned and the hotel staff, animation team and all the support in the background made this another holiday to remember in a positive way.
The courtesy bus driver who took us to the beach was a lovely man and always had a smile for us all, even stopping for passengers who were running for the bus. (You wont get that service at home.)
If you have little one's then you will not be disappointed as Panchi the children's mascot is on hand to entertain them.
The mini disco is lovely to watch, and children of all nationalities got on really well, can't wait to take my little grandson with us next time.
This hotel has made us fall in love with the Canaries. This is the first time we have ever returned to the same hotel twice.
The food is good and the salads are very varied, but you will still get those Brits who like a good moan.
We rated this hotel excellent in all areas except the animation and this was due to the use of strobe lighting. However I did speak to the team leader Salvadori (sorry if I have spelt this incorrectly) and he reduced the use of it for me during my stay. The shows are excellent.
The only draw back is the fact the hotel lacks air con in the rooms, but do not let this be a reason for not booking your holiday.
Well done Buenaventura management for excellent customer service and my family and I look forward to seeing you all again in the new year.

Room Tip: If you would like a quiet room the the rooms over looking the pool with the bridge would be better f...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lavinia58
LopesanHotelGroup, Manager at IFA Buenaventura Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Good morning Miss lavinia58 ,

Thank you very much for sending us your commentaries about your stay at our hotel. It’s a pleasure for us to be remembered back because of good experiences. We assure you that our commitment as workers and employees of the Hotel is always determined and strong.

All the members of our staff are being informed about the commentaries our guests transmit us and on behalf of them we would like to thank you for appreciating their work and services.

We hope to be able to welcome you again on the occasion of your next stay on the island of Gran Canaria.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I'm originaly from Gran Canaria but I've been living in England for the last 10 years. Last june 2011 I wanted my boyfriend to meet my family has, it was his first time in Spain especially in Gran Canaria. I wanted to make it special, I wanted to be perfect for him!
So after going through lots of reviews from differents hotels and resorts, I found something according with reasonable budget/quality/good location the IFA Buenaventura. I knew the hotel, I knew the area but I had never stayed before and I have to say it was a fantastic selection.
We stayed 7 nights half board my boyfriend liked it, the hotel, the staff, a special mention to the lady who looked after our room and that unfortunately I can’t remember her name( I am horrible remembering names!) she was such a warm welcoming lady and very professional.
I was happy to see my boyfriend liked it and enjoyed it but in my case, I am more critical, and there was a few points that I was disappointed with:
*No air-con in the rooms
*No mini fridge
*TV channels only one or two spanish and the majority in german, not english channels at all just the BBC world news, not good. I personally am not the kind of person who goes on holiday to stay in the room and watch tv, but still I think is not right to turn on the tv and just find german channels. The hotel was really good, but it's a pitty that most of the times, not directly but I could feel that the hotel is a bit too orientated to please german guest/customers more than guest/customers in general.....
*The food was ok but I missed a bit more of our spanish cuisine.....

So saying all that which after all is just my humble opinion, in resume, IFA Buenaventura is a good hotel, in a good location, the beach is not too far but the hotel provides a bus every hour and if you are looking for a reasonable price this is the place and I honestly recommend and I definitely would come back.

Room Tip: Higher floors gave you a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Esther S

Good morning Miss Esther S.

All the members of the large hotel family would like to thank you for your commentaries about our hotel.

We are very proud to hear that our hotel is being appreciated for its facilities and services.

We do hope that in the future we may continue counting on your loyalty and be able to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

hi just came back from 9 days holiday in ifa buenaventura , stayed there for first time , and its huge hotel so sometimes you will get the room with 5-7min walk from reception , the food is ... not the best part of this hotel but everyone has different taste so dont want to talk about that too much, just i will offer for everyone to try banana bar dinner which is for free for all inclusive guests ,rooms are very clean and hotel staff is very friendly , now the best part is the animation team with Dzana , Sandra , Rafa , Joane , and the BOSS ,is the best i ever met they are nice with everyone , they are offering a lot of activities for everyone and for all age of customers , they are doing night shows aswell , so i would like to say BIG THANK YOU to all of them , and i hope i will see them again on january , Karolis

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear karolis111,

Our customers’ happiness and satisfaction during their stay at the Hotel motivate us to work every day with major enthusiasm trying to fulfil all our guests’ expectations and needs.

Thank you for having chosen our Hotel for your holidays. We do hope that we will be able to welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had two lovely weeks at the Buenaventure hotel from 24th Sept: to 8th Oct 2012.We usually go to 4 star hotels but because of the great reviews, we thought we would give it ago and were glad we did. Our room was spacious, really clean and bright and cleaned every day.Clean towels every day,a nice comfortable settee which i slept on because the bed was a little too hard for me.The food is quite good and plenty of it,we were all inclusive so there was plenty of everything all day until late evening.good entertainment throughout the day as well as the evening. The staff are all very nice and friendly especially the PR lady Begorn"a San Hose who really looked after us when we complained about something quite trivial.and sent me a bottle of wine in a bucket on ice when it was my my birthday,which was lovely.The shops not very far awayand a curtesey bus to the beach every hour.Rooms on the quitet side of the hotel are best for a good nights sleep.or an afternoon nap.some 4star hotels we have stayed in haven't been quite as good.We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose your room from 3rd floor upwards,if you dont want foliage blocking the sunshine and the view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SHANGRILAR
LopesanHotelGroup, Manager at IFA Buenaventura Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear amigo/a Shangrilar :

Thank you very much for posting a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. We highly appreciate your positive comments about our staff, room food and entertainment. Your feedback is of great importance to us and therefore, both the Management and the whole hotel staff thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you again at our Hotel very soon and hope to have the possibility to thoroughly spoil you once more.

Sunny regards from Gran Canaria!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is the fourth time we have stayed at the hotel, but it's gone backwards over the last two years.
The Rooms.
Ok but we had ask to be moved as we over looked the outdoor eating area( not very nice on a morning people looking into your apartment.
The Food.
This is where the standards have dropped way down. We are not fussy eaters but the evening meals were bog standard at best. Salads couldn't be faulted but the hot meals we very basic and same as every day. One or Two cooked meats which appeared as stews the next day. No Curries or sweet and sour dish, we saw a paella twice. We did get a chop suey on night but tasted like a stew. Even the beef stew was a sauce which the chef then carved a joint of meat and placed it in the sauce. In my opinion it was very lazy cooking.
The Pool.
Very clean.
But the towels on the sunbeds was just abused as the hotel staff just put a notice on the towels but never saw any towels removed. So if you want a sun bed get up early.
The entertainment team.
As with the last holidays them are about the best thing about the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Safcdave
LopesanHotelGroup, Manager at IFA Buenaventura Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Safcdave,

Thank you very much for having chosen the our Hotel for your holidays and for the time you have taken to inform us about your opinion. After reading your commentaries we would like to say that we really feel sorry for not having fulfilled your expectations.

We are working day by day to be able to offer our guests the best service quality and efficiency, so that they may enjoy pleasant and unforgettable holidays.

It would be a pleasure for us if you decided to trust in our hotel again and to come back and visit us in the future so that you can see yourself that our services have improved and that satisfaction is guaranteed.

Thank you again for sending us your opinion.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Just back from ten days all inclusive (19th -29th September 2012) at the Buenaventura in playa del ingles and it was fantastic. Do not believe any bad reviews trust me this is a great hotel.
1. Rooms - basic but very clean - maids lovely and rooms cleaned every day with fresh towels.
2. Food - I have a husband who is very fussy and he ate well every day. Plenty to choose from and fresh.
3. Drinks - this hotel isn't just an all inclusive hotel. There are two bars that are for all inclusive and we never queued at all. Proper pints and the beer is very nice. Spirits great and large measures! Happy hour every day at 4pm which we used to buy delicious cocktails. 5 euros for two - you can't beat that!
4. Location - five mins to the beach (which is lovely) walking but there is a courtesy bus every hour. Resort has plenty of shops etc. we didn't feel the need to go out that much as we had everything we needed at the hotel but when we did there was a lot of touts - if you go all inclusive flash your band at them!
5. Entertainment - outstanding! This is the reason why two 39 year olds didn't feel the need to go out of the hotel much. Animation team where brilliant from morning through to night with games and cracking shows. We also had magic acts, singers etc but the highlights where the animation teams shows. Great dancers and they are all so funny!

When we arrived we were given a room at the quieter end of the hotel which was ok but we prefer to be where it's all happening and we were given a new room right away which was a room overlooking the main pool and stage. Loved it!
Weather was brilliant with only a few hours here and there of cloud and slight rain over the ten days, came back with a great tan.
The hotel has a lot of nice Europeans and no Brit riff raff (sorry but you know the type I mean) which meant there was a lovely chilled and fun atmosphere!
Having been to Cyprus, Greece, mainland Spain, Mallorca and Tenerife I can honestly say that this hotel has been the best so far and one that we will be returning to soon!

Thanks Buenaventura for a fantastic holiday - see you soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank kazzybeee
LopesanHotelGroup, Manager at IFA Buenaventura Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

•Good morning Amiga Kazzybeee,

Thank you very much for sending us your beautiful commentaries about your stay at our hotel. It’s a pleasure for us to be remembered back because of good experiences. We assure you that our commitment as workers and employees of the IFA Buenaventura Hotel is always determined and strong.

Greetings from the sunny Gran Canaria,

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed in this hotel last year, hotel was great apart from the rooms. We were worried as we read some reviews about the noise but we were in the rooms that overlooked the quiet pool, I did feel sorry for anyone that had rooms over the pool were the shows are on at night. The bars are all around this area too which can be very noisy.

The rooms have no air conditioning and no fridge. We were buying bottles of water from the vending machines and filling the bath with water to try to keep them cool as the rooms were so warm but it was useless, it was so warm the cold water wasn't even cold. You can rent an air con unit but its just a fan blowing hot hair around the room.

The beds were so uncomfortable, we took it in turns to sleep on the couch. The floor might have been softer.

The hotel was full of Germans, we didn't meet any english speaking guests until our last day. The entertainment was a bit cheesy but it was good craic. The bars were booming everynight, you had to go down early to make sure you got a seat. Once the shows were over though that wasn't a prob as alot of guests had small children and they quickly moved off when it was over.

We mostly stayed in the hotel every night as the strip wasn't great, full of reps trying to pull you into bars. We had dinner one night in an Irish restaurant (beside a chinese) just around the corner from the hotel. This was dreadful, meat came out nearly raw so we stuck to the food in the hotel after that. Food there was nearly the same everyday. The sausages weren't great more like the ones you get in hot dogs, rashers were nothing but fat. They did have alot of selection for different cultures so there was always something edible but it was just the same every night but at least it was cooked. The soft drinks from the machines tasted like water with a dash of cola, orange etc. not great, you'd be better ordering from the bar.

As for not being allowed to reserve sun loungers, if you weren't down before 7.30 in the morning forget it.

I would definitely go back to Gran Canaria but not this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
LopesanHotelGroup, Manager at IFA Buenaventura Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Aladyn202,

After reading your commentaries thoroughly we would like to apologize for those small details which have caused your holidays not to be as pleasant as they should have and that in some way we have not been able to come up to your expectations.
We always try to solve problems in the fastest possible way even if it is only a small one.
Please be assured that we have taken notice of all your commentaries and opinions, since our aim is to improve our services day after day in order to reach the complete satisfaction of all our customers.

We would be pleased to be able to welcome you again at our hotel, so that you may see in person how we are working to improve and reach service excellence.

Yours sincerely,