Hotel THe Anamar Suites(Playa del Ingles)
$103
  • Restaurant
AxelBeach Maspalomas(Playa del Ingles)
$90
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

Sol Barbacan Hotel(Playa del Ingles)
$123
Occidental Margaritas(Playa del Ingles)
$136
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Seaside Sandy Beach(Playa del Ingles)
$198
Bohemia Suites & Spa(Playa del Ingles)
$258
$186
  • Restaurant
$201
$184
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $213/night.

Apartamentos Dorotea(Playa del Ingles)
$510
3,664 results
All reviewsanimation teamno air conbritish barbanana barhonolulu barquiet poolquiet sidesaladgran canariasnack barbig hotelgreat holidaypool areabusy hotelplenty of choiceslush puppieshalf board
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was a bit aprehensive about staying here after reading some of the bad reviews, but I was actually really impressed with the hotel.

The rooms were spacious and clean, and although there was no air conditioning we would leave our balcony door open slightly and didnt have much trouble sleeping at all - the weather was really hot during the say but there was a cool breeze in the evenings I had to take my cardigan out with me most nights - we stayed from 4th-14th July

There was so much variety when it came to the food I dont think I've ever eaten so much in my life and when the food hall was closed you could always get snacks or slush puppies.

Four of the bars are all inclusive, one by the quiet pool, one inside called Mon Cheri bar which was always empty, two by the livlier pool, which was where all the evening entertainment took place so there wasnt really any need to use the other bars any way - you could get spirits, sangria and beer and a small variety of cocktails on the all inclusive - or if you wanted you could use the non-inclusive bars at a discounted rate - the only problem with drinks was that the soft drinks had no taste I'm pretty sure they were all the same but in different colours.

We managed quite easily to get a sunbed by the pool everyday and even if we went out and came back later on there was still enough spaces to find somewhere to sunbathe.

The animacion team worked from morning til night 7 days a week, we stayed for 10 days and there was a different show on every night we were there. They have a mini disco for the kids followed by some entertainment for the adults. They speak a number of different languages so everyone call follow what's going on.

The location is perfect, close to everywhere, the most we spend on a cab was about 5 euros to aqualand.

I really cannot fault this hotel, for the size of it they do an excellent job of accomdating all their guests. Also being English we were in the monority but it didnt make the slightist bit of difference, everyon was just there to enjoy themselves. I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Hayley R
LopesanHotelGroup, Manager at IFA Buenaventura Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Dear Mrs. Hayley R,

On behalf of all the workers and employees of the IFA Buenaventura Hotel we would like to thank you for your sincere commentaries which we are sure will help other customers to get to know our hotel a little better.

May we also thank you for your public appreciation of our hotel through TripAdvisor and we do hope that we will be able to welcome you again very soon.

We also hope that on the occasion of your next holidays on the island of Gran Canaria we will get the opportunity to show you again that we are doing a good job.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I went on holiday with my Mum to celebrate me graduating University (I'm 21 and Mum is 47) and we both had a fantastic time. IFA Buenaventura is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The hotel is beautiful, the pool areas are fantastic and the rooms were really spacious and spotless. The service was great; all the staff was friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The maid service was great, she even made our sheets and pyjamas into a swan pattern one day which was a personal touch. The food was the best part of the whole holiday. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all great, with a huge variety and really something for everyone. The chef made a lot of the stuff fresh in front of you. My favourite part of the food was the fresh made paella which was amazing. And in between dinner there was wide selection of snacks, ice cream and slush puppies available.
The hotel was right in the centre of all the action in Playa del Ingles.
Was a real fabby hotel and amazing value for money would recommend to anyone. Do not have one bad word to say about it. I am booking back up to go in October with my boyfriend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank HannahP281090
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

•Good morning amiga Hanna,

Thank you very much for sending us your beautiful commentaries about your stay at our hotel. It’s a pleasure for us to be remembered back because of good experiences. We assure you that our commitment as workers and employees of the IFA Buenaventura Hotel is always determined and strong.

All the members of our staff are being informed about the commentaries our guests transmit us and on behalf of them we would like to thank you for appreciating their work and services.

We hope to be able to welcome you again on the occasion of your next stay on the island of Gran Canaria.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We visited the IFA Buenaventura from 28th June- 5th July.
The hotel has great reception staff who all spoke English and were very helpful and checked us in and out quickly.
The animation team are all amazing and work very hard to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible.
They have a quiet pool with daytime games like soduko, fun bingo, ping pong etc....
There is a childrens pool and two jaccuzi's in this area.
The pool bar has parasols for shade and children can help them selves to soft drinks,slush and water.
The activity pool is where they play voleyball, shuffleboard etc.... and has music playing but not too loud.
There is also Air rifle and pistol shooting daily.
Rooms are spacious and cleaned daily.
The communal areas are cleaned constantly as is the rest of the hotel.
They have on site Gym, cycle hire, hair stylist and shops.
The beach is a ten minute walk away and shops, restaurants crazy golf end nite life is pretty much two minutes away.
Buenaventura is an international hotel and has lot's of German guests probably about 60-70% and the remainder English, French and Russian.No pushing in etc.. but no real queuing anyway.
There are also Gay couples who stay at the hotel, which seems to be the case in Gran Canaria.
Do not let that put you off as we did not see any kissing or anything that some might find an issue? not even holding hands!!
This hotel is an excellent 3 star hotel with a first class team and I would happily recommend it to friends and family.
As the title suggests there is a but.
There is no air conditioning in the rooms which makes sleeping a little uncomfortable and there is also a disco downstairs which can get noisy when they close at about 3am.
Because of the hotel layout any noise echoes.
From talking to other guests the main issue is with the air conditioning. Management please take note and get the full five star rating you deserve from Trip TripAdvisor!
Must thank everyone for making our holiday great but a special thank you to Olga who made us laugh so much. She is a real asset to the hotel.

Room Tip: If you prefer the quiet? try to get a room that is not overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ferrari44
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

•Dear Mr.Ferrari44,

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Just back from a week at this hotel. I must say that this hotel is value for money if you get a good deal. The pools are well kept and the public areas are spottless. I feel they overfill the hotel as it was packed from day one coach after coach. When we were there it seemed a little like a club 18 to 30 hotel with groups of young german lads n girls drunk until the early hours. The food is the same everyday pork pork and more pork , cheese pizza and fries. Cheap cereals that taste like cardboard and the the soft drinks you get on all inc are self fill and awful again cheap alternatives.The snacks are cheese pizza or dry ham and cheese sarnies every day. You can only get drinks from the two poolside bars day or night . having been before two years ago i feel its gone down hill and wont be going back sorry .

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank terry d
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Good morning Dear Terry,

It is one of the most important tasks for all the IFA Buenaventura Hotel’s staff members to receive and analyse the opinions of our hotel guests. We do regret that in your case it seems that we have not been able to come up to your expectations and we are really thankful that you have sent us your commentaries about our All inclusive service.

We accept your opinion without discussing it and we would really like to welcome you again at our hotel in order to be able to show you that day after day we are working on our improvement. In any case, if you come back to Gran Canaria again, please do not hesitate to contact me so that I can greet you personally.

Yours cordially,

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We went here as a family with my boyfriend and his 9 year old little girl and I couldn't of asked for anything more. It was so clean and the staff were forever cleaning and tidying up. I was really impressed with the standard of rooms and the maids were lovely. Each morning when I went back to the rooms the beds were made up lovely and made little bunny ears on her bed!

Food was lovely and was great to be able to chose when to go down to eat. We were all inclusive and the choice of food and drink thoughout the day and night was great, snack bar lunch time as well as the restaurant was open. Cakes and icecreams in afternoon and unlimited soft drinks/ water / local beer, wines and spirits as well as sangria on tap!

Entertainment was canny on an evening, the entertainment team work so hard day and night. There were 2 pools as well as a baby pool and play area. There was a quiet end and the other end had the music playing and entainment on but wasn't too loud or dancy.

I think this would be a great place for anyone to enjoy and would definitely go again.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank ILOVEWINE123
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

•Good morning dear I lovewine123,

Thank you very much for sending us your commentaries about your stay at our hotel. It’s a pleasure for us to be remembered back because of good experiences. We assure you that our commitment as workers and employees of the IFA Buenaventura Hotel is always determined and strong.