Tripadvisor can make booking a holiday so much easier… or sometimes so much harder. With such a variety of people a holiday has to appeal to, you never really know what to expect or what the person who is writing the review is like, but believe us - we simply had the best holiday ever. Yes the weather was great, Yes we managed to venture out on a couple of trips… but having the Hotel Eugenia Victoria to return to after a day out on an adventure or having a relaxing day by the pool, really did make our holiday. So much so we are looking at returning in September.
Many reviews have the hotel down as dreary with out of date décor… it really doesn’t. Yes the staff may seem to favour other guests when you first arrive. But after a few smiles and “grassy [--]”, you won’t have any problems getting served for drinks. We can’t write a review without mentioning the absolutely fantastic lady (Blonde hair and glasses, not the pregnant one) who works at reception. She really was a gem with so much knowledge of the area and trips. She also helped us with confirming our transfer back to the airport. If you ever have any probs we’d certainly recommend going straight to her.
Our room was a really great size. Nice big sofa and dining area. All of the rooms face the pool (even number rooms get the sun from midday onwards). The hotel doesn’t have air conditioning but we can honestly say we didn’t get too hot despite temperatures of around 19 degrees during the night so don’t let that deter you. There is also plenty of wardrobe space and a nice bathroom with hairdryer.
Towels are put on the sun loungers by the pool at around 7.30am. If you’re planning on sun bathing from 10ish we’d recommend trying to beat the early risers. However if you don’t fancy an early start then the sun loungers start to free up from 1ish. We found the sun didn’t really come over the pool until after midday. Much better to either take a (free) bus to the beach, which runs every hour OR as we did, go to the Wellness Centre. This place is amazing. Saunas/menthol room/steam room/Jacuzzi/waterfalls/snow room/dead sea/ice bath. Considering we were moved to the Eugenia because the outside pool at the hotel we originally booked was out of service and we didn’t want to spend a lot of our time in an indoor pool, it was pretty ironic that we spent at least an hour every day inside the Wellness Centre!! Make sure you also take a trip up to the roof top solarium, even just for the views.
We’ve never done all inclusive before so we can’t really make any comparisons with what’s on offer. Breakfast caters for all, English – cooked breakfast, Germans – cooked meats, yoghurt and fruit. French – a variety of breads. Lunch is served in the restaurant, poolbar and at the bar next to the Wellness Centre. Don’t bother with the restaurant and only go to the poolside bar for snacks. The bar next to the Wellness c
Centre is by far superior. They offer a steak on a stone and a mixture of grills/pizzas all made to order. Dinner service consists of four different meats/fish cooked on a grill, with salads, chips, pizza, pastas. A lot of it is aimed at the German clientele but its interesting trying new things, especially when it’s free!! There is a large cheese counter and pastries for dessert. Not forgetting the numerous varieties of icecream they have.
Entertainment was …limited. Do not expect much when you see “the Hotel Eugenia Entertainment team” around the hotel, this consists of three people! It starts at 9pm, this includes bingo, karaoke, musical renditions and on one night we had four parrots that could count and ride bikes! By the pool bar there is a live house band (husband and wife?) who sing and play the oldies. It’s quite entertaining watching the Germans dance the night away. For the kiddies there is a crazy golf, play area, two swimming areas and downstairs arcade room with pingpong and pool. We recommend a pack of cards around the tables near the swimming pool!!
To summarise, the Hotel Eugenia is a fantastic hotel. It has many things to offer and we are sure 99% of its visitors leave feeling refreshed and having had a great time. We were actually really sad to leave!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eugenia Victoria Hotel is one of the most popular 3 star hotels in Playa del Ingles and offers something for everyone with multiple attractions, sport and leisure. It has one of the largest SPA center of Playa del Ingles, with free access for clietents of the hotel. It also offers a free shuttlebus to go to the beach. The hotel has many modern facilities and a wide range of cuisine what make the Hotel Eugenia Victoria the ideal place for a pleasant and relaxing holiday. From a privileged location in Playa del Ingles, the Hotel Eugenia Victoria has excellent facilities and spacious gardens that help to make your stay in Gran Canaria a real pleasure. Playa del Ingles is the best known of the island of Gran Canaria tourist area with a lot of shopping malls and leisure facilities, great entertainment during day and nighttime and with a good public transport connection to all directions. There is a free parkingplace on the side of the hotel and wi-fi is free of charge and available in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Eugenia Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eugenia Victoria Playa Del Ingles
- Eugenia Victoria Gran Canaria
- Hotel Eugenia Victoria Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria