Overall: I would definitely recommend this hotel, purely for the amazing pool and facilities it offers. Considering this, I think it is very good value for money, especially with half board. The room may not be stunning but with the amazing pool and facilities more than make up for it. The service provided by reception is prompt and efficient. It is not a place where people come to party, which for me, is a real bonus! Very civilised and pleasant. I plan to come back to this hotel when I return to Gran Canaria.
Room: I asked for a double bed, they gave two single beds pushed together but I think that is standard for the entire hotel. The beds were comfortable enough. There was plenty of cupboard space for two people. Having read the other reviews, I would agree that the bedroom area is somewhat dark and you would need to have both bedside lights on to get a decent amount of light, but having said that, I didn't find that this was a problem because there was a sunny balcony to sit on. Speaking of the balcony, there was plenty of space with a plastic table and two chairs. It was always pleasantly light. The sunlight would hit the balcony in the mid afternoon and stay until about 5pm. (We stayed in an even numbered room, so if you prefer sun in the morning, ask for an odd numbered room). All the balconies face the pool area. It was a little noisy at night, because by the pool area is a bar and dance floor where they play loud music. We stayed on the third floor so maybe the higher floors didn't have such a problem, but we didn't find it too intrusive. The bathroom is brightly lit, with basic amenities (including a hair drier), but no toiletries supplied, only a couple of small bars of soap. There is a comfortable seating area with a TV with some English speaking channels, and a small fridge, enough for 4 cans and a couple of large 1.5 litre bottles, which is convenient as the hotel does not provide drinks in the room. There is a safe within the room, you need to purchase the magnetic key from reception. There is no air conditioning, which wasn't a problem for us. There is a ceiling fan, which is a little noisy at night but not too much, it depends on how heavily you sleep!
Facilities: The pool area is beautiful, the water is clear and clean with plenty of sun beds and umbrellas. There is an adult pool and a smaller but equally nice children's pool adjacent, with an additional small play area with water jets and fountains. During the day, there are activities and entertainment by the pool, including aqua aerobics and even a fashion show! There is also a ping pong table, mini golf and a basketball area, so there's no shortage of activities. The gym is well equipped with a wide range of cardio exercise machines and weights, and the glass wall means there is plenty of sunlight. There is a billiard a room and arcade, but I never visited this part so I can't comment. The spa is beautiful, with the sound of running water, and is free for hotel guests to use. It's great for if you've had too much sunshine and need to get out of it for a while! Children are not allowed after midday.
Food: I found the food to be quite good. We went half board so I'm not sure what lunch was like. Dinner was good, with a wide range of things that changed every night. The desserts were quite nice, with a range of cheeses for afters too! Drinks are not included so you have to pay for wine etc. but they do provide free carafes of cold water, tea and coffee. Breakfast was good too, with a choice of hot items including eggs, bacon and sausage, as well as cereals and toast. If you like pastries, get there for the first half of the morning service but they also provide muffins after the pastries run out. Juice is provided with breakfast, including squashes and freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eugenia Victoria Hotel is one of the most popular 3 star hotels in Playa del Ingles and offers something for everyone with multiple attractions, sport and leisure. It has one of the largest SPA center of Playa del Ingles, with free access for clietents of the hotel. It also offers a free shuttlebus to go to the beach. The hotel has many modern facilities and a wide range of cuisine what make the Hotel Eugenia Victoria the ideal place for a pleasant and relaxing holiday. From a privileged location in Playa del Ingles, the Hotel Eugenia Victoria has excellent facilities and spacious gardens that help to make your stay in Gran Canaria a real pleasure. Playa del Ingles is the best known of the island of Gran Canaria tourist area with a lot of shopping malls and leisure facilities, great entertainment during day and nighttime and with a good public transport connection to all directions. There is a free parkingplace on the side of the hotel and wi-fi is free of charge and available in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Eugenia Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eugenia Victoria Playa Del Ingles
- Eugenia Victoria Gran Canaria
- Hotel Eugenia Victoria Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria