I am currently writing my first ever review on trip advisor, whilst sitting on the balcony of my room at this hotel! I would be out in the sun, however very burnt therefore thought i would embrace the opportunity to write this review.
firstly please do not read the negative comments, i cannot understand them!
As for people writing there are alot of Germans, throughout the week i have been here there has been a fair mix of spanish, swedish, germans, british and french!
so on this holiday there are 6 of us, me and my boyfriend both 23, my sister and brother 20 and 17 and mum and dad 47 and 48 and we are all inclusive for a week
there is plenty here for us to all do! a lovely newly upgraded gym with equipment you would see in a david lloyd gym, activities every day including, water polo, archery, squash (yes there is a squash court here!) football, basketball, table tennis, mini golf. You get the bats ect with a deposit from the reception, an inside games room with snooker, poker and table football, ps2. computer room with mac apple computers.
i am using my laptop on the balcony using the FREE wifi, although can be intermitant in places this is to be expected with a large hotel.
loads of sun beds, it appears they have clamped down on people reserving sunbeds with use of a towel.
large pool and childrens pool, jacuzzi for outside use. kids play area and a help yourself drinks counter, and 2x snack bar open around the pool.
very clean hotel, staff always cleaning up, i think its unfair to say that the hotel is dated, it just has a different feel alot of marble walling ect and bright carpets. rooms are spacious although slightly dark however this is a good thing when your sleeping! hardly any noise from other peoples rooms, other then the cleaners moving furniture during the day when cleaning to be expected!
there is a wide selection of food for everyones tastes, icecream and chocolate fountain are recommended! different speciality of food each day from different parts of the world, see the menu outside of the resturant for more information. no complaints about the food at all! fresh food being cooked on the gridle, including fish and meats. also avaliable salads and soups, fresh cheese board, cakes, yogurts and fruit ect.
breakfast include fry ups and continental with fresh breads ect
wide selection of drinks: wines, cocktails, spirits, hot drinks, fizzy and still - i saw someone request a bottle of wine that you can enjoy together. al le carte menu at lunch time at one of the outside bars.
evening entertainment for both children inside, including animal shows, caboret, magic shows ect and outside on the stand are singers and bands playing. If you like a good nightout, head down the town, booze cruises, pacha and MTV nighclub ect, bar crawl, haggle with the promoters for the price. yambo centre appears to be more for the gay community with drag queens ect.
free bus every hour down to the beach, however not far to walk, go to reception they have the timetables for this, reception staff very friendly and helpful as are all the staff. cleaners in everyday to strip the beds and change towels
as i think other people have mentioned the extra bonus to the hotel has to be the wellness centre, it is like champneys, with dead sea, pools, jacuzzies, sauna, steam room, ice room, wirlpools all free, avaliable all day, everyday, outside puplic have to pay 50 euro for two hours- kinda shows you the qaulity. you can book yourself for extra treatments for a reasonable prices.
in summary, we paid £386 each for a week all inclusive with thomas cook for the easter week. this was well worth every penny! would recommend to all, have noticed thomas cook are now advertising this as a 4 star on their website and rightly so.
I hope you all find this useful, and enjoy your stay here as much as we all have!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Eugenia Victoria Hotel is one of the most popular 3 star hotels in Playa del Ingles and offers something for everyone with multiple attractions, sport and leisure. It has one of the largest SPA center of Playa del Ingles, with free access for clietents of the hotel. It also offers a free shuttlebus to go to the beach. The hotel has many modern facilities and a wide range of cuisine what make the Hotel Eugenia Victoria the ideal place for a pleasant and relaxing holiday. From a privileged location in Playa del Ingles, the Hotel Eugenia Victoria has excellent facilities and spacious gardens that help to make your stay in Gran Canaria a real pleasure. Playa del Ingles is the best known of the island of Gran Canaria tourist area with a lot of shopping malls and leisure facilities, great entertainment during day and nighttime and with a good public transport connection to all directions. There is a free parkingplace on the side of the hotel and wi-fi is free of charge and available in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Eugenia Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eugenia Victoria Playa Del Ingles
- Eugenia Victoria Gran Canaria
- Hotel Eugenia Victoria Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria