“Get what you pay for”

Ranked #104 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
kent
“Get what you pay for”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have recently returned home from this holiday. I went with 8 other girls. Basically you get what you pay for. We wanted a cheap weekend deal and didn't expect a lot. However the hotel was clean, staff were friendly and the food was actually quite good!! We were told that the food doesn't change that much so staying more than a week would be too long.

The beach was a 2 min walk from the back of the hotel, this was lovely. The pool did become a bit scummy around the edge of one side, but we just didn;t swim that end!!

We had a great time, so if you want a cheap and cheerful holiday then this is good.

Room Tip: There are rooms that accommodate 5/6 people. We had this room as it was a big balcony, and it faced...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Holly d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This has got to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I read the reviews before booking and ignored the bad ones as I believe it is all personal opinion but this truely is one of the worst hotels I've seen. People say that you pay for what you get but I stayed in gran canaria last year in a beautiful hotel and paid £100 less than what I paid for this Rubbish. The rooms are TINY and hot.. You can pay an extra 60 euro for air con but if it goes anything by the hotel it will be just as awful. We stayed self catering thank god- no kettle provided and very little cutely or cooking utensils. Our room was out the front by the pool which as 20 year old girls we didn't feel very safe considering our only window in the room doesn't actually lock until we had to call for someone to come. Somebody stole our towels one night which made us uneasy to relax and a used condom was found in our neighbours front terrace which isn't surprising since we were both right at the end in the secluded part. Which made it even scarier. If the accommodation wasnt enough, the hotel staff are the rudest people I've ever come across. They don't know the definition of customer service. When we arrived even though we had all our flight and hotel confirmation we were told that we could not check in without hotel vouchers. Even though we were on the system and we explained this to the man at reception all he said was no vouchers no check in without any care to try and help us. He stayed this unhelpful for the rest of our stay. Also, one night after returning from a night out, we returned to one of our friends room a few floors up. 10 minutes after we got in our doorbell rang and when we asked who it was we got no response or answer. We looked under the door to see a pair of trainers and continued to ask who was at the door. Once we for no reply we said we would call reception and without an answer we did. They said they would send someone up once we explained there was a random man at our door. Turns out it was security and he has come to tell us to keep the noise down which is odd as we has only been back for 10 minutes and our voices were gone from the night out. This was very scary for us as we are all young girls and having someone knock at our door at that time of the morning without saying a word was scary enough. When we confronted reception about it all they could say was that we should have been quiet. No apology for scaring us to death or anything.
Honestly the worst hotel. Only good point was meeting our lovely neighbours, the beach is a 5 min walk away and the strip is a 10 min walk . Worst hotel ever never going back!

• Stayed June 2013

Travelers are raving about these Playa del Ingles hotels

Charleville, Ireland
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was an independent, middle-aged traveller staying at CR, it may not be the Hilton but i got what i paid for. I needed the bed and bathroom basically, was out for all day hiking & sightseeing. Room was cleaned regularly although it was no need for, i used to leave my place tidy. Towels were changed every second day and it was no need again, i got two sets of towels in the room as they're prepared for 2 people sharing. The things i didn't like was a really dirty window and the cooking ceramic hobs warming up for ages so if one wanted a cup of coffee in the morning had to rent the kettle (12 euro per week plus 20 euro deposit) or - even better - buy the small one in the town for less than 10 euro :D as i did and paid actually 7,50 so i have it now for my trips :D I wouldn't say the staff was extremely pleasant but OK, i never had issues with them as i don't usually need much assistance being pretty capable abroad. TV paid by coins but who the hell goes on holidays to watch tele? Wifi is c.r.a.p but who cares on holidays, i work with computer every day and it gave me great break; only went downstairs and paid 1 euro for 15 min to send messages to family and friends and check my bank account. Otherwise hotel is really good for not over-demanding tourists, cheap supermarket downstairs and other grocery stores in vicinity. Very convenient location - close to the beach and promenade, bus stop a couple of yards from the place (Parque Tropical). If you're - like me - prefer to explore the outdoors all day long - the place is for you, spend the money saved on accommodation for a drink ;)

Room Tip: Would recommend for tourists who come to spend time outdoor, good place for take rest in the night a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank glassempire
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I spent a wk at the corona roja hotel.all staff were polite and helpfully.hotel rooms were basic but extremely clean.a little noisy at times from young teenagers but you get that everywhere unless you want to pay for a 5star hotel..I do think this hotel should have a higher star rating.it's perfect locations good food, very clean, staff are very friendly and helpful.I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Kate-Mic
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Me and my partner stayd here last aug. We thought we'd ignore the bad reviews BUT we really should of listened to them. This hotel was awful, the staff let it down a bucket full they were ignorant and very cheeky. It was like a natzi camp and I'm not joking when I say this honestly iv never stayed in a hotel like it in my life. We went all inclusive and should really of went self catering we never ate any of the food the burgers were like dog honestly! We lived of yoghurt from the shop down stairs. The manager was very ignorant to us so we gave her a mouthfull before we left :-) HONESTLY LISTEN TO THIS REVIEW AND ANY OTHER BAD REVIEW IF YOU WANT TO ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank celtsps
Fredrikstad, Norway
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Before i left home i read all the reviews and was terrified...i thought i had to spend 14 days in a dump...so i was kind of suprised when i arrived the hotell and found it nice. The receiptionist was Nice and helpful. I got my room on the 13th floor and it was big and clean. Yes,the elevators is small and slow,but i actually do not see the problem...im on holliday and got no place to rush to.so i usually used the stairs and got some free exercise.
I did not have all inclusive but i had included breakfast and i dont understand the critic it has been given. Its not a 5 star hotell and yet for 5€ you got a lot of breadchoises,ham,cheese,boild egg,scrambeled egg,beans,several jams,cerials,some sweet cakes,yoghurt and Several juice and coffechoises. Not bad at all and actually better then some other higher stared hotells i have been to.
Cleaning was okey and every time i met any of them,They where very nice.
Yes,the pool had some broken tiles,but there was absolutly no problem using it. Neither was it any problem using the sunbeds.
The hotell is very close to the beach and a small shopping/ dining area witch makes it Even better. It is also close to the bus station and taxi
All in all, my tip is..if you have the correct expectation and meet everyone with a smile..this hotell is a good place to stay and i will go back.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank AnjaHelene
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a weeks stay can't complain went with party of eight got of to bad start with room allocation floor 2 no balconys. Then had to haggle for ones with balconys which they gave us was with party of 8 selfcatering ended up split up I and another couple got ground floor terrace next to pool was basic but clean but we settled for that I then saw the rooms members of our party had with the balconys and they were basic but fine we only paid 52pound each for our stay and were well pleased but if I was paying gd money I would be very dissapointed hotel facilitys were fine but I would prob not go back as other. Hotels looked really nice warning don't go to floor 2 as they will have limited balconys

• Stayed June 2013
#63 of 134 in Playa del Ingles
Aparthotel Buenos Aires
Aparthotel Buenos Aires
#11 of 134 in Playa del Ingles

Been to Corona Roja - Playa del Ingles? Share your experiences!