“It was OK”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Playa del Ingles
Green Sea Aparthotel
Ranked #104 of 135 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Reviewed July 8, 2008

I went with a mate on a girly holiday to celebrate our 21st's. The area was fantastic, the sea was gorgeous and we were only a 30min walk from clubs and bars which were really good, bit pricy though.
There were far to many cockroaches for our liking, being two wossy girls we werent that good at getting rid of them niether. there was gaps all round the room and a vent in the bathroom where they were coming from. We also had lizards in the room as well. We felt like we were put in the cellar being quite far away from the main hotel and down a tunnel where there was a vent outside our room with a funny smell coming out of it. We went into another apartment which was in the open and it was more like a house that was much nicer, we were just unlucky.
The food was awful!! Not much choice and some very wierd variations of normal food, not even the salad tasted right. We ended up eating out for half the week as we couldnt stomach any more of thier food.
Apart from that though the entertainment was really good. They had a drag queen show, parrott show etc. which was suitable for everyone.
The staff were ok, the reception staff were a bit miserable. Bar and enertainment staff were a reallg good laugh though. Me and my friend even done a caberet show with some other guests and staff, which really made the holiday.
There are two pools and we found the auxillary pool was empty most of the time so we had it to ourselves.
All in all I wouldnt go back to the hotel, but the area was great.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 23, 2008

Myself and my partner have just arrived back to the UK after staying at Green Sea. We booked an All Inclusive holiday which we thought was a 3 star hotel!. It wasn't until we arrived there that we found out that it was only 2 star. Don't get me wrong the apartment that we stayed in was very nice and so was the surounding area. What i didn't like on this holiday was the staff. I found them all very rude and not helpful at all. If you had any kind of problem they just shrugged it off. Which to me isn't what i expected even if it was i 1 star hotel. Second of all, the food is crap. They would put on the same food at Dinner as they had for Lunch, but if all the veg wasn't used at Lunch they would mix it up with something for Dinner!. They don't cater for young children, anybody with an allergy or veggie's. I myself am a veggie and i lasted on salad the whole week. My third and final problem was with the insects. I know that, that can't be helped, but if you closed our front door to the apartment there was an inch gap at the bottom of the door. This meant that we had cockroches in our apartment every night. My partner even came back one night and found a RAT in there. We never found out how it got there, but it did. I did report all of these problems to the staff at reception, but as i said before they just didn't want to know. But on the other hand, they were more than happy to help out the Spainish guests!!!!. I would love to go back to Gran Canaria at some point, just not to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2008

Having just returned from greensea aparthotel 2days ago myself and my boyfriend were well impressed with the apartments, having read all the reviews online i was quite apprehensive. The place is very clean the location is a 5minute walk from san augustin beach and maybe 10mins to playa del ingles, the bus service is very reliable and cheap and the reception staff were very knowledgeable regarding timetables etc. We had absolutely no complaints regarding the food i enjoyed every meal and for £300 for a week it couldn't be faulted....you have set times for meals 8-10am for breakfast, 1pm-3pm for lunch and 6pm-9pm for dinner with snacks served at pool bar 11-12 and 4-5 drinks were inclusive from 10am until 11pm i think.

The towels were changed twice a week and sheets once. There is 2 pools and a childs pool, the resort itself was maybe 70% spanish but they were very friendly and up for a laugh, the entertainment was good fun too. The main ppl i saw moaning regarding anything were us brits...maybe its us with the unrealistic options for a £300 holiday. All in all what a brilliant time and would definately return no doubt about it

victoria

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2008

i stayed here last october, after reading some reviwes i was deading it. we arrived around 2 am and were 'greeted' by some very rude staff at the desk who stodd talking for ages to eachtoher before they even bothered to come over. we didnt get showen to our room we were given some crap excuse of a map it took us ages to find. must admit the room was good no complaints about that, no cockroaches in the room, was a couple outside tho and seen a few dead ones near the pool. first day we went for breakfast, which was ok i throught, then it all went down hill from there. unless you are a veal lover you are [-------] it was absolutly deisgusting i spent a fortune buying food! one day i was really ill after accitdently eeting squid i had 2 stay in the room all day and night! but i got my moneys worth from the bar which has good drinks., my boyfrend who came with me is in jail now and he says the food there is better than at greensea! Bar staff are rude and AWLAYS serve spanish before you no matter how long youve been standing! the etertainment is pants he did try but i think there was 1 night out of 14 there was something decent on. we went out most nights. defianlty wouldnt go back there in million years!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2008

Me and My partner wanted a Last minute Cheap Deal! The Green sea Turned out to be The cheapest, Especially For an all Inclusive package!
Im only 19 and just wanted some fun and a nice tan for the week!
We arrived at the green Sea at About 3 pm, the weather was beautiful, the staff at the reception were not very helpful, he gave us our all inclusive bands, gave us a key and then drew us a map of were our room was, luckily there were signs, if there wasnt we would have surely got lost!

The drinks at the pool bar were fine! they actually tasted better than the normal brands of drink.
Unfortunatley i cant say the same about the food! I am actually quite a fussy eater but i tried the food not to be arqurd. I basically lived on cereal, chips and bananas for the week. The food was mainly catered for the germans! Dont get me wrong, some nights there was some nice things available but not very often.
I mean i didnt expect anything special...but the choice was awful. If you knew wat the food was, is that.

Our room was really nice and clean, but if im gonna be honest, right on our last day we did have a case of ants in our bathroom, i know the hotel cannot be blamed for this, but it was quite a put off!

The pool area was nice and the people were respectable. We met some english friends there which made the holiday alot better, i cant say much about the entertainment beacuse we didnt reali stay in to watch it, the main centres and attractions were only about 5-10 mins away and didnt cost much in a taxi.

I liked the area were we stayed but i would not go back to the Green sea, Staff just wernt interested in customer care what so ever. And the food was just Poor!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2008

I went to Green Sea Aparthotel back in July 2007, at the time I was going with a friend and she had booked the holiday so I wasn't really sure what I had got myself in for.

When we arrived it was late, approx. 9pm, and I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. At the receptionist desk, the lady that served us barely spoke any english and was rather abrupt. She threw two bracelets at us and didn't really explain what to do with them or why we had to wear them. Then she told us where our Studio Apartment was and drew a map for us, although you couldn't tell what it was meant to be of.

We walked around for at least 30 minutes, carrying our heavy suitcases! We must have walked around the whole of the site before finally finding our apartment. I do not recommend this hotel for anyone in a wheelchair as the are so many hills and the ramps are way too steep! When we entered our room, it was boiling so naturally we opened our patio doors but only to find cockroaches swarming the patio. It was disgusting!

After a restless night of sleep we thought things could only get better, but alas no. The breakfast was completely inedible..I opted for a apricot croissant but was a little concerned to find flies swarming around them. There was also bacon, eggs and sausages on display but they looked like plastic! If your a vegetarian then your basically stuffed because there is nothing apart from brown salad for you to eat.

Later on we sat by the pool, which I believed was quite nice actually. No problems here apart from you need to get up at 7am to secure a sun lounger for you to sit on for the rest of the day! The bar is right next to the pool and they serve a variety of drinks, but as long as your ok with them all tasting like chlorine! I ordered a lemonade and a coke and they both tasted the same! So instead of getting drinks from the bar, a few days I bought drinks from the shop on the site...but only too find it quite pricy.

The entertainer, Freddie, is very friendly and wants everyone to join in. He puts on many activities during the day, some of them being very fun, especially the water volleyball! Also there are shows at night but we stayed there two weeks and only 2 were put on but they were very good.

It's very close to the beach as long as you don't mind walking over a very steep bridge! And if you want a taxi, they come very quick and aren't too expensive depending on where you want to go. The maids were very good, they cleaned and tidied our room everyday, they switched our towels every 2 days and removed the bedding once a week and changed it. They swept up the room and washed it down with bleach everyday.

Everyday was the same though, same activites etc. We thought that the cockroaches may go away but when we went out in the day, we came back to find them dead on our floor, maybe 4-5, some even got into our wardrobe and fell out onto my friend. You couldn't leave the back doors open at night cause you would wake up to cockroaches on the bed in the morning. It was baking aswell in our room, everyday...we had to either stay in the sea for the day or the pool, just to keep ourselves cool. Our air conditioning vent had been boarded up so there was no cool air coming through! If you have fussy eaters coming with you on holiday, then don't go! The chef should be sacked, the food is rancid. You can't actually tell what your eating, I ate what I thought was meatloaf and it turned out to be some fish in sauce! There are many good restaurants in town though, so your best bet would be going to one of those!

One more thing...If you do still decide to go...then the one place you should check out is Palmitos Park, it was the best part of my trip!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2008

Me and four mates decided to book a 4 day break in the sun for Jono's stag weekend and the green sea came up the cheapest. I read the reviews and was horrified expecting to find a POW camp when we got there!! As you can probably guess it was absolutely fine nice clean rooms, nice pool, great location and we all agreed a mint holiday.

That said if you are going away for luxury and fine dining then you will be very dissapointed but then why book a 2 star all incers??? The food was as many others had said inedible much worse than a school dinner unless you love mounds of blubbery veal?! So we just ate out but enjoyed the mahou beer which we were served 5 at a time with no probs and vodka slush puppies.

Freddie the entertainer will organise whatever games and competitions you fancy and makes everyone laugh if you are the type of person who is prepared to get involved then you will have a great time.

We must have been the only 5 straight blokes in the resort the streets were lined with 6 foot men in suspenders and wigs but we didn't mind and actually it was great crack all round. Would definitely go there again and would take my family can't think of anyone who wouldn't like it apart from miserable stuck up snobs who have nothing better to do than complain about the consistency of their quails liver pate'!!! LOL

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends