“lovely bungalow,with lots of space”

Santa Clara Bungalows
Ranked #42 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Reviewed November 4, 2012

just returned from a fortnight at the santa clara.my daughter and grandson were with us,but in a seperate bungalow.we went to see ours first number 196,it was lovely,paved patio area,fenced for privacy,2 sunloungers and a table and chairs in the patio.dishwasher,touch control cooker,fan assisted oven and grill,memory foam matress.all the utensils needed for cooking,really good pots and pans,couldn't believe our luck,it was lovely.we went to my daughters next,sadly hers was just a bog standard bungalow,i small 2 ring hob,microwave and toaster,plenty of utensils and pots for cooking.i would still be more than happy to live in the one that she was in.cleaned every day,clean towels nearly every day.the pool bar was nice too,run by steve,prices are very reasonable.really enjoyed our stay,will probably book there next time i'm in gran canaria

Room Tip: 196,the best bungalow available
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ninascotland
There are newer reviews for Santa Clara Bungalows

Reviewed October 30, 2012

we came here with mixed feelings after reading about what some thought about the place, but they must have stayed somewere else as we found that the facilities and the accomidadion were very good, always clean and the rooms were cool and nice. If we would have stayed on site all the time , it might have got a bit boring , but then who does that, in playa, lol. I sopose if you want the ritz then you might be dissapointed but for anything else its good well better than good.

Room Tip: we had the bungalow right opposide the reception as you get into the site no8 i think it was , great...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

These bungalows are set in lovely gardens, with enough space for our family of 4.
You do have to hire a kettle if you want one but they have them at reception so you can get them when you check in.
As we stayed there in Feb, the weather wasn't hot enough to use the pools but they both had kids sections & seemed very nice.
The bungalows have their own little patch if garden so you can sunbathe there, and they are all set back a little so you get privacy.
Reception is manned but you also have a key to get in the gate next to reception which was handy for the buggy.
Overall I'd stay here again in a flash.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank kezzaseaweed
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I already reviewed this place last year, so won't go in to all the detail again, just look for my review on info about the accommodation, best shopping etc.

Feel compelled to write another review this year as I think standards had dropped a little. The price went up by circa 40% from the same time last year. I didn't mind that as the service last year was outstanding, so worth it.

My main gripes: last year towels changed every day except Sunday. This year it was haphazard, we were expected to go from Friday morning to Monday morning on one set of towels. That said, Pedro at reception immediately gave me clean towels when I questioned it.

The bed was not changed during the whole week. Last year it was changed twice, which was probably excessive. I would have been happy with one change.

There was no dust pan or brush, there was a strong wind and little seeds from the tree in our garden were blowing in the bungalow. It was frustrating not being able to brush them up.

The washing machine wasn't working. I did one load and apart from the pool of water coming out underneath I assumed all was well. But the washing didn't seem clean. On my next load I opened it after it had filled to find out the water was stone cold. I reported it. 2 days later i asked if it was fixed and was told yes. I put another load in, opened it and it was still cold. So I was down 12 euros and had to hand wash 3 loads of clothes as they were covered in washing powder that didn't dissolve in the cold. Fellow tourists are a little culpable in this as I heard one say 'the machine only washes in cold, but it gets your clothes clean'. So I would strongly advise that you a) ask if the heating element on the machine has been fixed and b) open it after fill and check its heated the water (its US style top loader).

The apartment was basic but functional. Great shower. Only gripe was leatherette couch - not ideal in that climate. Had to how a blanket over

At the right price, absolutely. Apart from the above, which are all fairly minor and posted more in the hope that the Santa Clara management sort it, the rest of my review from last year still stands. Little oasis in the resort and Pedro on reception has a can do attitude if its something he can fix right away.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank shopaholic888
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just returned from staying 9 nights at the Santa Clara Bungalows. Having read the reviews on here I have to say I was worried about what was awaiting me when I arrived. But I have to say my fears were not met. This place is great and does exactly what it says, it offers affordable accommodation that is clean and comfortable in an excellent location, and I would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Previously I have stayed in Rebecca Park three times before, but they have since been done up since my last visit and subsequently the price has went up. Hense why I chose Santa Clara. This place is far better!

I stayed in bungalow 259, along the back row which meant during the day it was private and not overlooked. PERFECT. The only downside however was that the road was at the back and a few nights I was woken by the party goers walking home at 5am. No big deal.

The bungalow itself was really nice, large enough for two people but could become cramped with more. Living area, breakfast bar and small kitchen (2 ringed hob, microwave, fridge, toaster). I see people complained that you had to hire a kettle - what's wrong with boiling it in a saucepan? Does the same job. Kitchen was more than adequante and modern in appearance.

Bathroom was a little more dated and could do with freshning up, but it was fine and served its purpose.

Bedroom was fine, large enough with double wardrobe, bedside lockers etc. Beds comfortable.

Room was serviced every other day (I think) with clean towels provided and the sheets changed twice.

TV in living room that is coin operated. A man came to empty the the coin box on the last day and apparently my TV was not working. News to me - it was never switched on.

Facilities: Two large pools - one deep and older in style, the other newer and shallow. I went to the newer one simply because it was closest. Plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas - no need to reserve a sunbed. Newer pool also had a baby pool, jacuzzi/whirlpool aswell. Quite a lot of Spanish about particularly at weekends, but they were no problem. Pool bar that served drinks and snacks (toasties, english breakfast etc) that was reasonably priced and great quality. Wifi is also available at the poolbar and surrounding area, just ask barman for the code. Tennis court too and there are self service laundry facilities too.

Should mention that there are quite a few residents that live on site too, as if over the years some bungalows have been sold off. They posed no problems, some were quite friendly.

General maintenance of the grounds was good, always somebody out cutting the grass, pruning a bush etc.

Excellent location: 2 mins to Gran Chaperal, 5 mins to the Yumbo and 10 -15 minutes to the beach.

Overall this place is good and I was pleasantly surprised. It was cheap. If you're looking for the Ritz then this is not the place for you. If you're looking for a affordable week in the sun staying somewhere that is basic but clean and comfortable, then go for it!

I'll be returning again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Michael L
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here on Monday 17th Sept 2012 for 1 week with my boyfriend! Was very worried after I had read the reviews on here and didn't know what to expect! Arrived at 8pm to a slightly irate group who were unhappy at having to pay for a kettle (22 euros for the week which I agree is a little cheeky for a self catering apartment you expect a kettle) the receptionist was helpful he showed us on a map where our bungalow was located (was a little tricky as most of the lighting outside did not work so a little dark wandering around). Apartment was clean, no air con though and ceiling fan in bedroom and living area seemed to make it feel hotter, must admit the beds were not great, had to ask for an extra pillow as mine seemed to be stuffed with cotton wool balls but they brought me 2 pillows within 15 mins. The location of these apartments is ideal only a 5 min walk to the main centres for shopping and nightlife. It had 2 swimming pools Which were well kept pool bar was small and closed at 6 but food was nice! Pool became a bit busy at weekends compared to mid week. Cleaners came frequently and brought towels although didn't make or change beds. Would definitely go back and to be honest you get what u pay for if u want luxury u need to pay for luxury and at the end of the day your on holiday your apartment is a place to shower and sleep! Overall pleased with this accommodation and definitely pleased with playa del ingles!

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank Katlil84
Reviewed September 21, 2012

On arrival on 11th September I was given the Keys to bungalow 304.
When I got there and turned the lights on I was shocked at the state of it. The Fan in the living room was rocking and banging loudly, an Electric socket was hanging out of the wall underneath the sofa with wires exposed and one of the wall lights in the bedroom was hanging off of the wall by the wires as the nails that were holding in had fallen out.

Click on the following link to watch the video i took before i went back to report it.

I walked all the way back to reception and informed them I was not accepting that bungalow as it was dangerous and he basically called me a liar and said there is nothing wrong with it.
I then showed him the movie I had just taken of bungalow 304 and he then realised I was not lying.

He then gave me a set of keys for bungalow 240 on the opposite side of the complex.
He said to let him know if there was anything wrong. I got there and checked it over and apart from the Glass shelf in the bathroom hanging off the wall and the fan in the bedroom not working at all it was ok. I walked back and informed him of these two things and he said he would get the workman in to fix it in the morning. Well in the whole time of our stay, not one workman came to see it or fix anything.
I also informed them that the shower was not draining properly and he said it must be sand and he'd get it unblocked, again it wasn't seen to.

I was disgusted at the poor quality of the rooms and poor service to the customer, that I have decided that this year was the worst year for staying there and I will not be spending a holiday there again, and I think that Hotels4U need to get someone to check these places over as it is worth a MINUS 2 stars and not a two star rating.

My next holiday will definitely be booked at different accomodation.

I wrote to Hotels4U.com and told them about this, and so far i have received no response.

Room Tip: If you go there and find the rooms are not up to standard, go back to reception and demand another o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends