“THE BEST THING THIS HOTEL CAN DO IS SHUT DOWN!”

Jardin del Atlantico
Ranked #123 of 134 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
London, United Kingdom
“THE BEST THING THIS HOTEL CAN DO IS SHUT DOWN!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Wow where to start... firstly I would not recommend anyone who is English to stay in this Hotel. As horrible as this might sound, hotel staff and OTHER GUESTS made us feel very unwelcome and if in some cases quite racist. We was a party of 10 with a 7 month old baby boy and the whole week we stayed in this hotel we was stared at, pushed in front off and worse of all strong comments made to and about us. We was heavily targeted and disliked from day one.

To top it off, in the 4 rooms that we stayed in 3 had something stolen from hotel staff. We had a camera, phone and IPod stolen in one, the other was money which was placed in between clothes in the wardrobe (this indicated that they were really snooping) but to show how low they were they stole nappies from a baby in last room. I like to point out that huggies and other brands of nappies are quite expensive to buy out there so I guess this was their motive. All theft was reported to reception and Manager which was responded with them laughing at us and saying they do not have authority to search their staff. When mentioned that we would like to get the police involved they further laughed in our face and said it was a waste of time, they weren't going to contact them and that we should make our own way to the police.

The hotel in general was dated, and in need of modernising. Rooms were rarely cleaned to an acceptable level... twice I had to ask reception for toilet roll as this was not replenished and towels were again rarely replenished with clean ones. Our group was booked in for All inclusive and the food was ok, however very much the same on most days and meats are little under cooked on some occasions.

The area itself was ok and in short distance to the beach and main shops/bars. I would come to this area again but NEVER in my life would I waste my time and money staying in what I can only describe a shambles of a hotel.

Room Tip: My advice.. don't bother staying here at all.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank carlyh1984

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

truely and honestly the worst hotel i have ever stay in didnt have our room clean once in a hole week stay. never any fresh towels and worst of all had my phone, ipod and camera all stolen from in this hotel! i believe the staff are all involved the do not care the manager does not care nore the police. if you are english and staying here you will be made to feel very unwelcome they do not want you there. they will do everything to make you feel uncomfortable. i will never be visiting the area again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank robin a

Travelers are raving about these Playa del Ingles hotels

Gibraltar
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Lovely budget hotel, this is my second stay here and I came away pleased.
Don't book the all inclusive instead book self catering and eat out (everywhere you look there are food outlets, on the promenade you can get burger/chicken + chips for 3.50 as an example)

Hotel is very clean, our room was cleaned nearly every day by the maids (and got fresh towels) everyone seems very nice who works there, pools were good.

+ Short walk to the beach.

Only problem I had was the room key would stop working every now but was replaced with a working one immediately. The 'come drink in our pub' people on the street get very annoying as they pester you every time you come and go (these people have nothing to do with the actual hotel though, this is on the street outside)

Room Tip: if you dont want noise from the irish pubs get a room around the back
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank john r
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed her with 30 other friends from 6th may til 13th may.
Rooms it self was really big and clean, that was not the issue.

The issue were staff helping themselves to things in the rooms, watching when we left to then walk into our rooms. When confronted staff pretended they couldn't speak any English. Our group were scattered across all floors and all of us had items stolen. All together, 1000 euros, a camera, iPhone 4S, iPod, Gucci wallet, iPod dock, pair of vans. We all regularly met to go beach or out to eat, and its on these occasions somebody went into our rooms and stole things. People were scared to be alone in the rooms. Do not book here! Do not use the safe, these can be easily reset by hotel staff. They are not safe!

We sole to the hotel manager and he did not care one bit. He told us to go to the police station, didn't care his staff with master keys were walking into our rooms.

It weren't just use, a couple staying next to us had stuff stolen from their suitcase which had been locked with a padlock. They came back to find all their clothes thrown about the place... Not how they left it!

We had a creepy staff member knock on out room every night asking us to be quiet when all we could hear was the Irish centre, he did not speak any word of English, we did not speak any word of Spanish so it makes you wonder what he was playing at, trying to view what other goods we had to steal!
If taking children STAY AWAY it is not safe, all staff have a masterkey and think they can go into your room whenever. The hotel manager did not see this as a problem maybe he is profiting from these thefts!

I will make sure I tell as many people to stay away from this hotel, for your own safety!

• Stayed May 2013
9 Thank Nicole26dh
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I went here for one week all inclusive the food was horrible cold and had to reheat all the meals I had there!! Some of The staff was rude!! There was no entertainment so it was either go out and spend a lot of money or stay in your room!! Even the tv had no English channels!! There was no snack bar everything was at a set time and if u missed it u had to wait where as most places all inclusive has something available for you to eat!! Security there was horrendous!! I lost my key 6 times at least and they just asked my name no hesitation and just have me a key!! One time I even said the wrong number and they gave me a key luckily it was my friends room!! But imagine if was anybody as things had gone missing for other people!! I would never go again!!

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank Asjhdj
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Just got back from one week self catering, hotel was okay. We went for clubbing holiday so was good enough, you felt safe but Kitchen poorly equipped but if you eat out everyday it's fine like we did. Cleaned virtually everyday and cleaners one morning helped me get rid of cockroach in bath haha! Although spoke no English! Don't go all inclusive we ate in once and was gross!!! Bar good though!! Pools best thing going! Loud until midnight then fine! Not family place to stay but young people fine :) staff didn't really speak much English and heard a few complaints of people getting robbed from apartment including our friends! Although 3 euro in taxi to yumbo and across road to supermarket and some good bars and restaurants so great location
So to sum up if you want somewhere cheap but good enough to sit round pool and not really care much About hotel and going to eat out everyday this is hotel for you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Camilla S
South West England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our second visit to this hotel. Good value for money. Despite asking for a quiet room we were given a room overlooking the road. Pool area is good & well maintained. Room was comfortable & well cleaned though some areas needed repairs (kitchen extractor for one.)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
#69 of 134 in Playa del Ingles
Los Aguacates
Los Aguacates
#98 of 134 in Playa del Ingles

Been to Jardin del Atlantico? Share your experiences!