“Oh my god Spanish people at a Spanish resort hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Beverly Park Hotel
Ranked #110 of 135 Hotels in Playa del Ingles
Gravesend
“Oh my god Spanish people at a Spanish resort hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Can't believe some of the reviews on here,my wife and I stayed here end of aug-sept,this is not 5star,but 3 at best but didn't have bad experience like some,went half board,went out in the evenings so didn't witness hotel entertainment,food good very wide choice of dishes you will find something you like honest,all staff greeted us well if you speak to them they all spoke with a smile,not rude as some would have you think,rooms cleaned well also did not have maids coming in when you were in room,also didn't have to get up to early to get sunbeds,we put our towels out about 9-9.30 or went to the beach five minutes down road.but best rooms are pool or sea view,just ask or book this.we were given road view room first but changed to pool view when we stated we asked for this simple,we did.not pay anymore money for this reception staff will give you road view if you don't ask for pool or sea view.most speak English or understand you.taxis can be ordered at reception desk and arrive quickly,some small queues at evening bar but didn't take long to get a drink,go in to town centre yumbo centre for all you want bars restaurants entertainment shops.

Room Tip: Sea or pool view
7 Thank Anthony S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

The pool area at this hotel is really excellent with several large, very good pools. The rooms are clean and well air-conditioned but they are outdated and the carpets are a little threadbare. Unfortunately the rooms do not have safes in them. Food in this hotel is average at best; every evening there is a wide range of dishes to choose from in a buffet, however the quality of the food is variable. The breakfast is very good with pancakes and omelettes made to order. Staff were friendly in general and they were helpful when we encountered some people smoking in the room next door with their door open. It is only a short walk to the beach and there are many good bars nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank HSaxon
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed here for a week recently with my husband daughter and parents its a very good value hotel, rooms were a little dated but clean and quite. Our rooms were on a high floor facing the sea which was lovely. The hotel itself is in a quite area but there are a few restaurants and a couple of shops nearby grand for a quite holiday. We didn't do all inclusive so to eat at the hotel was very expensive. The man in the room next door didn't like us out on the balcony at any time and would roar and shout at us, bang on the door in the middle of the night and send security up late at night - I might add we weren't actually out on the balcony at this time he just wanted to make our lives miserable - the hotel did offer to move us but only had rooms at the back which I didn't want, I feel they could have done more to protect us from this nut as I was pregnant(as you can imagine I wasn't drinking at all and was going to bed at 10 so this man was just crazy) and very stressed but I wasn't going to let him run us out of our nice room. Security should have just told him off instead of disturbing us in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor and see view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Niamh F
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have just got back from gran Canaria,I week at this hotel.I wish I could have read this first.
Staff are rude,unless you are Spanish.Hotel is dated and tatty,rooms smell musty,sheets are damp,rooms are small but the maids do a fab job and they are cleaned thoroughly,towels are changed every couple of days.A rude note was left for me because I left a towel out to be cleaned earlier, they couldnt find it,so presumed I had taken it out of the room.The maids also walk in the room even if you put the do not disturb sign up.YOU have to be up early to get a sunbed,towels claim the sunbeds and they are left empty for hours.All inclusive means that you are treated rather badly. Drinks are in tiny plastic cups.Regardless of what they are.The restaurant is more like a canteen.They even tried to remove my plate before my meal was finished,and I saw a cockroach.The food is boring and repetitive.We had a mountain view,that means balcony that over looks a busy dual carraige way.The hall carpets were threadbare, the drinks machines were broken.I think the worst thing was the queues for everything,and I had to get quite touchy so that I was given a proper cup for a cup of tea.The restaurants are lovely in the little shopping centre,the waiters were friendly and couldnt do enough for you.I would go back to Gran Canaria,but I would not go back to this hotel. I spent 3500.00 and I was really disappointed.I feel really sorry for you if you have already booked,just do what I did and make the best of it.If you havent booked yet.DON'T.....

Room Tip: no i really cannot give you any tips
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank aoconnor2

Travelers are raving about these Playa del Ingles hotels

Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

i was a bit sceptical of booking my holiday for me and my girlfriend at this hotel because of some of the reviews i read about it on here, the hotel was very Spanish and the ques for a drink was long unless you wanted a soft drink, there was only one member of staff behind the bar and they didnt speak much english either you also had to have your room key to get an alcoholic drink and was only allowed as many drinks as people in your room (2 in my case) and the cups sizes were very small.we payed for an all inclusive holiday but most probably could of done half board as we went out every night because the entertainment wasnt suitable for english people.The food was alright not much variety though and my girlfriend said there wasnt enough chocolate for dessert!! .But once again the ques for a drink was to long and we had to have our meals early just so we would get a table and avoid the rush and on the first night we had to clear our own table so we could have a meal,The room was ok very clean but there was no safe and our balcony door didnt lock, we had to get up early for a sun bed but i think thats because we went in august the pool area was nice and clean so it was ok overall apart from the long ques...

1 Thank Natha23
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel is full of rude spanish people including some of the day staff who worked at the hotel.
Waking up extra early each morning just to get a sunbed and get a table for breakfast including other meals was not fun as we felt rushed throughout the day.
The food was alright but ive had better wasnt much variety throughout the week and you could only order 2 drinks per room.
Hotel room was small but clean the maids did a good job and was friendly unlike the other staff.
Entertainment was crap that is all, but other than that the hotel was alright!

Llandudno, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Upon arrival we were asked if we wanted a safe which was 50euro's of which we got 25 euro,s back at the end after handing in the key (which I thought was expensive)...when we arrived at our room it was very small and its the fist time i have ever seen carpets in a hotel room that had clearly not been hoovered and had fag burns in it... then opening the doors to the balcony to be greeted by a very busy and noisy road.... thinking 'oh well its just a room' we went to the pool bar where we were told everytime we wanted a drink we needed to get our room card swiped so i had to back up to the room to get my card as we only brought 1 out.... then at the bar even though there was only 1 person in front of me I was served 5th or 6th after the barman blatently served other spanish before me.... so upon asking for a cuba lebra off the all inclusive drinks menu I was handed a tiny plasic cup with nothing more than a splash of rum in it and then pointed to the direction of the soft drink pumps in a very rude manor.... we sat and had a few drinks and just assumed it was a rude member of staff..... dinner was nothing short of discusting (im not even going to start with why as i dont have that long).... after dinner sitting outside waiters were coming over and serving the spanish so we went for our own drinks.... the entertainment was really bad unless you like line dancing with the old spanish folks.... we couldnt hack it so just went out earlier... It never got any better as the week went on!!... all the staff was rude and clearly gave the spanish all the attention and sevice....I also asked at reception if I could change £300 into euro's only to be offered 280euro's (so at this hotel the euro is worth more than the pound??) also its nice to have cold water to drink at night... which is in vending machines in the hotel (which is normally out of stock) and u couldnt buy it in the shop in the day because it would just go warm by the time u want it at night!.... We spent a fortune eating and drinking at other places so that the hotel didnt spoil our holiday!! Every British and Irish person form our hotel we spoke to had all the same complaints as us!!
AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends